[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you get so good at an online game, nobody can beat you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 1443803854243.jpg (84 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
1443803854243.jpg
84 KB, 599x600
>tfw you get so good at an online game, nobody can beat you and it becomes boring
>>
>>342733526
where's my dose doc?
>>
>>342733526
This keeps happening to me in games with matchmaking or ranking systems.

my MMR got so high in the last game I played that I wasn't allowed to get into servers with basically 90% of the population, and could only play on the weekends with the tourneyfags who were way better than me.

No surprise that Hawken is dead these days.
>>
Or you're a fag that immediately runs from a challenge and only plays with scrubs

There's so many fucking high ranked online players that only play against rookies
Where's the fucking challenge give me a fucking challenge
>>
>>342733526
What game?
>>
>>342734493
one piece burning blood
>>
File: safe_image.gif (698 KB, 555x666) Image search: [Google]
safe_image.gif
698 KB, 555x666
>>342733526
>tfw so bad at online games that you will never get bored of them and any kill streak feels good
>>
>>342734417
this

saw this kind of shit throughout since 2000.
no matter what genre fps, fighting games, rts or any other genre in a competitive environment.

its kinda sad.
>>
>>342734417
Fucking this holy shit. It's like that faggot who spent 400 hours on some RTS and then wanted everyone at the LAN party to play it. Fuck that guy why the fuck would it be enjoyable for anyone involved.
>>
just joined a forum with people actually interested in learn the game and shit.
have fun.
>>
>>342734810
i only have fun with "above myself" skilled players
but theres a difference in being destroyed and being able to learn something and improve
(primary fps/fighting games)
then fanboys say to get good when you complain about spammers , its not fun to about ice-car or haduken 5000 times in 60 seconds, i dont improve and its not fun
>>
>>342734558
>Playing that shitty fighting game
One piece doesn't fit into the fighting game genre they tried to copy Naruto way too much.
>>
>>342735306
It doesn't play like Naruto at all. And it is a fighting game it has combos and all the fighting game mechanics. It's the best arena fighting game of all time except for BT3.
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (50 KB, 374x430) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.jpg
50 KB, 374x430
>>342735492
>It's the best arena fighting game
>when half the cast who doesn't have Haki is useless
you made me reply I bought the game because I love one piece but it is total trash as a fighting game.
>>
>>342735626
>best arena fighting game
game is not competitive, fuck I didnt even knew it existed until this thread popped up.

source: Iam a tourney fag and I actually visit big tournaments/ranbats
>>
>>342735798
> a fighting game that's not competitive
so trash?
>>
File: madarasmug.gif (458 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
madarasmug.gif
458 KB, 500x250
>>342733526
>you end up holding back because you want people to stay long enough for it to fun
>Someone good enough eventually comes along and gives you trouble
>tfw they taunt you not knowing the true power level you about to unleash
>>
>>342735936
it is.
hf playing your kusoges in your 3-4 man community every now and then.
>>
File: 1459994105614.png (254 KB, 602x648) Image search: [Google]
1459994105614.png
254 KB, 602x648
>>342735626
>when half the cast who doesn't have Haki is useless
Sounds like you're a complete scrub.
PTS Luffy is the best character in the game.
Buggy is high tier.
Ivankov has some of the best guard breaks in the game.
Jinbei is good tier.
Crocodile is a high damage zoner.
Moria is good when you have your timing for guard breaks down.
Kuma is high tier.
Usopp and Nami excel at what they do, setting down traps and dealing high amounts of sustained damage.
Chopper is pretty trash.
Robin is great is you can land her combo but trash aside from that.
Franky is incredible and a high tier character.
Brook is another timing based character.
Kid is the ultimate mid tier character.
X drake is trash.
Bart is just above mid tier.
Jesus is THE power character for 2000 points.
Bon Clay = 50% combos
Enel, all round greatness for only 2500 points.
Perona = incredible ability gauge draining ability, very good burning gauge draining ability, good guard break and toko hollow zone.
Koala = nice speed character for 2000 points.
>Conclusion
You don't know shit.
>>
>>342735974
>animesmug reaction gif
do you want to guess how I know that your green text never happened?
>>
If any of you were as good as you say you are, you'd be in the tourney scene instead of pretending you're better than the shitty matchmaking / pub populations you apparently destroy.
>>
>>342736326
>Trying to make the game sound complex as hell when it comes down to square square trinagle Circle.
This is why I hate being a Opfag sometimes.
>>
>>342736536
Feel free to go into online with only knowing your neutral combo and see how that turns out. I just love it when people who don't know shit about OPBB talk like you can just play spamming the square button.
>>
>your MMR is so high the matchmaking system puts you with a bunch of brainless shitters to balance the teams
>one guy just standing still firing a shotgun at the enemy at long range
>thinks he's invincible because I'm healing him
>>
>You used to have a great/high level at a game with high execution barrier
>You stopped playing because you had to do things on the real world and couldn´t keep the level
>Come back months later and be almost shittier than when you started

This is the worst feeling. I have to grind a lot of training mode.
>>
>>342736338
I can assure you it did.

It's called niche WC3 mobas. Fuck all for real skill ceiling but the knowledge burden and requirement for fast reaction speed meant that 90% of the people playing were trash
>>
>>342736816
is just practice
if you used to have it , you will get it again
>>
>>342733526
>tfw i played AoE2 with my friends in a 4 v 1
>i obliterate them before they even reach the imperial age.
i really tried to teach them to git gud but they just can't.
i only spam villagers and spearmen playing with them for fucks sake
>>
>>342733526
I know this feel. It's so disappointing because I tend to be that guy who can master basics and invent strategies faster than most people but always wind being one of the worst players when everyone else gets the hang of things. In those few games where I just waiting for everyone else to get better than me and it never happens, it's always upsetting and there's no point to playing.
>>
>>342733526
Gracias Señor Doctor
>>
>>342733526
If you got so good nobody can beat YOUR ass that means game was shit anyway, and no strong anons cared to play anyway
>>
>>342736694
>le im le gay xDD
>>
>>342733526
Time to rake in those stupid e-sports money then, faggot
>>
>>342733526
>you get so good at online game you start to get pissed off at other players and their inability to play well with team
Hawken was my favourite game before it came to steam, then it only got worse.
>>
>>342736481
There's a small nook where people like me sit. Too "good" for today's retard pubbies, bottom-tier in tourney matches.

Luckily that gap is getting wider and wider as the general populace of "gamers" today are fucking retarded austistic children and girls seeking attention. So us "Pretty good" players are starting to run into eachother easier.

The bad news is that all the games are being pandered towards the retards, so we can't even show off our skill without some hardcoded bullshit just to make sure one person doesn't carry entire games.

Team based shooters are the worst at this, Quake is dead. The era of "skill" is dead.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.