[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys told me this game was amazing but I'm 18 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: radiant-box-art.jpg (449 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
radiant-box-art.jpg
449 KB, 1280x1024
You guys told me this game was amazing but I'm 18 hours in, at chapter 4, and so far I didn't see anything special about it.
>>
>>342724772
I fell for the hype too. It is okay but not as special as people say.
>>
>>342725141

I'm even considering to drop it as I'm not having that much fun to be honest.
>>
>>342725536
I liked the music and the combat system but the time travelling gimmick is kind of blegh. Didn't end up finishing it but the final boss track is amazing.
>>
>>342725825

The music was nice but just like the rest of the game, it never amounted to anything other than ''Okay''.

I think the time traveling aspect would've worked better if the game gave more freedom to explore its maps, as completing some sidequests is really annoying with restrictions of where you can and can't go depending on which node you go back to.
>>
The charm's in the characters, the weirdly ambitious plot and the combat system.

The protagonist is also really anti-edge and comes across like an actual soldier. Which is a nice change from all the animu crap these games are usually filled with.
>>
>>342726094
Yeah, stocke is definitely a nice departure from the usual shonen/emo protags. He just does shit.
>>
>>342726094
>the weirdly ambitious plot
Holy shit, this. Game could've been great with a bigger budget and it shows. It's the reason a lot of people love the game; the potential it holds shines brightly even though it's almost entirely squandered.
>>
I like JRPGs but I grew up in Gamepro times where if I heard about a game with a retarded title that didn't make any sense, I usually didn't play it

>Star Ocean
>Chrono Trigger
>Jade Cocoon

Radiant Historia sounds like some gay shit they made in 2003 for PS2 but it's not, it's some gay shit they made today
>>
>>342726721
>retarded title
>Star Ocean

The star ocean is a very widely used title for space. The other two I can kinda' meet you half way on, but star ocean is actually not that uncommon.
>>
>>342726721
To clarify those titles sound awesome and depict shit that actually happens
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.