[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, I want a new game on Steam and they're having a sale.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 0004.jpg (140 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
0004.jpg
140 KB, 683x1024
/v/, I want a new game on Steam and they're having a sale. Should I get:

A. Grand Theft Auto V
B. Doom
C. Just Cause 3
D. Metal Gear Solid V

I haven't played any of them before except GTA, which I had for a few weeks on Xbox before my Xbox scratched the disc. I have a Wii U pro controller I can use on Steam. What should I get, /v/?
>>
MGS V or Doom 4
>>
GTAV is kinda fun but the multiplayer mode is basically warframe, it's a grindfest with no other point then to keep going.

Doom is good for single player and not much after. They're releasing an update in the next month or two that will finally allow snapmap creators to make something worth a damn. The multiplayer is dead.

JC3 I really like because it's the first game ever released that has realistically scaled terrain. Seeing a mountain in a video game that is actually the size of a fucking mountain and then climbing all the way up it to wingsuit down is amazing. Game is fairly repetitive though and pretty much all objectives are just "go shoot this thing".

MGSV is okay, takes about 100 hours to 100% the game, multiplayer is a shitshow.
>>
>>342725009
I was about to buy MGSV before I remembered it might go further on sale. Worth waiting or should I just get it now? 30% is a pretty good discount
>>
>>342724461
>Belly overhang
>50s Torpedo titties
>Hollister clothing (shit tier for people with more money than fashion sense)
>Sweater exposing midriff and arms despite being a sweat
0/10 would not sniff her feets
>>
>>342727163
Pirate it

Game was abandoned by its devs so they could make pachinko machines. They don't deserve your money.
>>
>>342727416
underage
>>
>>342724461
Don't buy metal gear V. It fucking sucks.
Don't buy Doom. It's not terrible, but wait until it's maybe 20 dollars.
I donno about Just cause, but based on the previous iterations you should wait until it's maybe 15 dollars.
>>
>>342725958

Question for one of the few on /v/ who actually played JC3

Did you play JC2 and if so; how does it compare?
JC2 was also repetitive, but the fun came from fucking around in the world.
>>
>>342727163
There are no "flash sales" or daily deals now. 30% is as good as you will get. The game is worth the cost, dozens of hours to be played at least. You could easily go 100+ hours depending on how autistic you are
>>
>chocolate milk
https://www.generosity.com/fundraisers/making-chocolate-milk-pudding/
>>
>>342727692
I played JC2 for 70 hours. JC3 is on par with JC2 I would say, but I mostly played that game with the flying mod and supermanning around was where most of my enjoyment came from. JC3 has the wingsuit which is basically the closest you can come to flying mod but doesn't break the game, but unfortunately you don't get that "hey, enemy guy in a helicoper, I'm gonna come fuck you up" factor.
>>
File: It was worth the weight.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
It was worth the weight.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>342727163
There is no more Dailies since the refund system
>>
>>342728112

>unfortunately you don't get that "hey, enemy guy in a helicoper, I'm gonna come fuck you up" factor

What do you mean, exactly?
>>
>>342729210
>There is no more Dailies since the refund system
oh geez
what's the refund system?
>>
>>342729285
You can get refund for games now. So they dont want people doing refunds every day if they buy a game out of the daily.
>>
>>342729392

At least they were smart enough to anticipate this. You don't see that often in the gaming world.
>>
>>342729256
I mean this is the most fun I have ever had in a videogame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=828BgBA8v9M
>>
>>342729519

Kek. Never played JC2 online, and never use the flying mod either.

So you're basically saying, if I loved fucking around in JC2 I should get JC3?

Does it run properly on a GTX660 you'd reckon?
>>
>>342730053
Probably. I don't know about the gpu though, I only played it on a 970 but it ran well.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.