[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize. Now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: skyward.png (214 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
skyward.png
214 KB, 250x353
Apologize. Now.
>>
im sorry for your existance
>>
Modded my wii last year and downloaded it. Got through the tutorial but hated it, got bored of the main game pretty quickly. Ruined by motion controls, like most of Wii's library.
>>
>>342722918
The motion controls were the best part of it though.
>>
>>342723057
Yeah, I love incredibly awkward and slow controls to do things that could be done with one or two button presses in the fucking 90s. It's boring gimmicky shit that's actively detrimental to the quality of gameplay.
>>
Playing it right now. It's a a boring game whit shit frosting.
>>
>>342723345
gamespot pls go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0
>>
I really liked it and think it's one of the better Zelda games. It's silly that people say it's the worst Zelda when the DS games exist.
>>
>>342722787
no
>>
>>342723610
You're in the minority. Skyward Sword is despised on every website for its motion controls.
>>
>>342722787
>Apologize
why is this kind of threads so common after BotW? did i missed something?
>>
>>342723610
Make sure you move your arms really slowly to set up your slashes.
>>
Awful Zelda game. The faggot story with kike nose Zelda and undead David Bowie was a new low for the franchise.

TP was monotonous as fuck, but at least you could play it without looking like a jackass
>>
File: 1434056023811.jpg (91 KB, 900x566) Image search: [Google]
1434056023811.jpg
91 KB, 900x566
>>342722787
>The tutorial is shit.
>The companion is utter shit.
>The time travel is shit and inconsistent
>Every boss except 1 is shit
>Every area except 1 is shit
>Link is shit, and does nothing but follow Zelda around while she actually does things for 90% of the game.
>the fucking sky is shit and is inferior the WW's boat in every way.
>the combat is slow shit, and somehow worse than a game that came out 5 years earlier that was panned for having shit combat sections.
>You have to repeat all this shit 3 fucking times.

At least Koloktos was cool, and...
and uh....
the marketplace was okay I guess.
>>
>>342723057

Yeah man I love having to jerk the remote to climb faster, it really makes the game more immersive
>>
The sword worked okay but WHY THE FUCK did they use motion controls instead of the pointer of aiming? It just doesn't work and needs to be re-calibrated every time you use it. The game even teases you, when it starts up it uses the sensor bar for a few seconds and it's easy to aim with high accuracy. But then Wii Motion Shit kicks in and everything is a mess.
>>
File: flGAd37.png (17 KB, 188x389) Image search: [Google]
flGAd37.png
17 KB, 188x389
>>342722787
>>
>>342723494
then why are you playing it?
>>
>>342722787
When your game is called Skyward Sword, and both the sky and sword are fucking garbage, you probably have a bad game on your hands.
>>
>>342722787
I don't get this meme
>>
I'm sorry you had to play this game.
>>
File: 1423797829749.gif (1017 KB, 240x221) Image search: [Google]
1423797829749.gif
1017 KB, 240x221
It's a pretty good game ruined by the motion controls, not being able to for instance stab left or right (only forwards), swing on my left or my right vertically or just simply not blocking when I wanted to block ruins completely the immersion.

It's a good game anyway but I wish I could play it with an actual controller and / or proper gameplay mechanics.
>>
One of the worst games in existence. I can't even play it without it making ne angry. It's literally made for people with mental retardation

>every time you start up the game Fi reminds you whar items are
>puzzles immediately show solution
>handholding out of the ass
>super linear, get berated for exploration

I could go on but I never went further than the first dungeon. Unplayable trash.
>>
I'm sorry for people who bought it
>>
>>342724346
It's a bad game in an entertaining way. The game is chocked full of imaginative dumb design choices that are fun to bitch on the internet.

Everything happening on Llanayru Desert is legit good game though.
>>
>>342724779
no
>>
>>342723972
>>342723610

The controls WORKED fine, physically. The problem was that the level of interaction they provided was way, way too shallow to be the central mechanic of everything in the entire game.
>>
>>342724779
why should i? if anything nintendo is apologizing to me with the new zelda coming out
>>
>>342723610
Even if they were flawless they'd still be significantly slower and more awkward than the appropriate button press or analog stick tilting.

It also depends heavily on the setup and even a good one can have an unacceptable error rate if you just aren't lucky.

The control scheme is terrible. The choice to use motion controls ultimately restricts the available options, rather than broadening them.

I will give the game props for the desert section and its dungeons, Groose and the artstyle (when emulated at high resolution) but it is otherwise garbage.
>>
Motion controls working fine doesn't mean that they make a game better. I regret selling my Prime games for the Prime trilogy. GC control is better IMO than the wiimote controls, they're awkward.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.