[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that ruin your favorite videogame.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Top_secret_area.png (3 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
Top_secret_area.png
3 KB, 256x224
Pic related. If only this level didn't exist or if it was actually hidden, the game would be perfect.
>>
>>342720468
Why do you think it is impossible to play through the game without visiting it? It's not as if infinite lives, Yoshi, or feathers to fly through entire areas are difficult to run across.
>>
Just the existence of the feather ruins the game more desu
>>
>>342720468
but it is hidden, you fucking retard.
>>
>>342721184
>hidden
No it's not. It's literally above to where you start from in that ghost castle. When you get the feather you start flying through levels out of curiosity. That crap isn't hidden and you open the path there in less than a minute.
>>
>>342721362
>It's not hidden! All you need to do is go into the correct area with the correct power-up right in the beginning and use it to go in the correct direction to find it. That isn't secret at all!
Sure, sure.
>>
Bad thread
>>
>>342721019
Also inconvenient as fuck to walk all the way back to it from the later parts of the game. If it didn't exist, people would just use other levels.

>>342721106
This is the bigger problem. You know it's bad when speedrunners invent an joke category that ends up becoming more popular over the standard 96 exit. Those guys are pretty autistic over not throwing in stupid rules.
>>
>>342721362
>When you get the feather you start flying through levels out of curiosity.

There is little incentive to do fly around in random spots of the world. You do realize you're still talking about the first world you get the feather right? Most kids just use it to get to the goal easier or float to make jumps easier or something.
>>
>>342721106
Hover (and double jump) ruin platformers.
>>
>>342720468
>muh easy spot ruins the game

fuck off. If you're going to complain about something at the very least make it believable, you cuck
>>
File: 1426713269284.png (351 KB, 442x386) Image search: [Google]
1426713269284.png
351 KB, 442x386
That shit IS hidden you piece of shit faggot. Just because someone told you it was there does not mean you would have found it yourself.

Also Super Mario World is piss easy, maybe the easiest Mario game of them all (to finish, not counting Special Road).

The existence of the secret spot ruins absolutely nothing. If anything, it is easily ignored and extremely irrelevant to anyone with a mere ounce of skill.

Fuck you, fuck your dog, fuck your family and fuck your mouth.
>>
For me it's the combat in Morrowind. Otherwise a 10/100 game. Yes I realize when you level up later on in the game you miss less but it's still frustrating being slaughtered by a mudcrab because you miss 20 hits.
>>
>>342724236
>10/100
Meant 10/10
>>
>>342722853
Hover is bullshit but double jump is alright as long as it doesn't give too much directional correction.
>>
I've never played this game

Is it good?
>>
>>342724236
>>342724329
This. I like the system because when you level up it really feels like you're making a progress. But in early levels it's a pain in the ass to level up the 35+ weapon skill. I know that you could choose a race/class to get a 40+, but then whats the purpose of an rpg if just a specific build is efficient?

In this case, I like oblivion better. You do minimum damage instead of missing. It feels less frustrating
>>
>>342720468
Only thing about that level that ruined the game for me was a kid i knew back in the day use to enter and exit the level to fill his lives, and every time he finished the level it would still be his turn, 90+ times in a row.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.