[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MN9 gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: screens_05.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screens_05.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
All shitposting, kickstarter bullshit and broken promises aside, can we discuss the actual gameplay of MN9?

What did you think of it? I thought it was pretty damn bland in most regards but what interests me is how people feel about old game designs being brought back into this. Like a live system and literally every spike and pit instakilling you while enemies deal zero damage. Or having to do the entire phase 1 of the last boss when you die during phase 2. Did you find that frustrating or is it what you wanted out of a modern Mega Man-like game?
>>
That's called being a video game even though it's a shitty one.
>>
>>342718159
>That's called being a video game

What. Most platformers don't have lives and continues anymore.
>>
>>342718301
They need to uncuck themselves. Even NSMB has those and it's for babies. I'm playing through Odin Sphere remake now and it's great but the total lack of consequences is disappointing.
>>
>>342718301
>Most
No.
>>
>>342718678
Yeah pretty much unless you're looking at Nintendo. Checkpoints are the norm.
>>
>tfw backed MN9 for $100 and played about 10 minutes of it before I turned it off in disgust
>>
The absorption thing had potential but it dropped the ball hard.
>>
>>342717817
Ok so every once in a while I will be playing and Beck will start jumping like a retard in the opposite direction, and when I press shoot, he'll jump and shoot at the same time.

Now what the fuck is this? Is it an option? Button combination? Powerup? I have no idea and its fucking my gameplay.
>>
>>342718959
iw as thinking about that

i love the idea of potential damage and a cashout but i feel like it couldve been used alot better.
>>
>>342719030
It's called "action shift" or some shit. It's just holding RT and pressing shoot or jump to get a different move.
>>
>>342719030

action shift aka useless
>>
>>342717817
why can you only shoot left or right? it really slows down the gameplay.
>>
>>342719168
>>342719250
Ah I see. Im remote playing on my PS4 with the vita and Im accidentally pressing the back touch screen. Good to know to avoid, wish they had explained it at some point.
>>
>>342719339
Cause that's what Mega Man did.
>>
>>342719396
But it's not a Mega Man clone ;^) (accordion to some retards)
>>
The game play's shitty on a lot of levels. The core mechanic of dashing into enemies to finish them off slows the game down because you have to damage them, wait to recognize they're in the damages state since there's no universal amount before doing it, and then dash into them. Dashing into enemies otherwise will hurt you.

Also no invincibility frames against instakills, with level design built around knocking you into that shit with enemies you literally can't reach before getting other boss weapons.
>>
>>342719396
I dont have a problem with this, the game is designed with that in mind so it works.

My problems with the game have more to do with its shit level design and one hit kills.
>>
>>342719396
so let's rip off mega man but do a half ass job of it? gee i wonder why this game is a failure.

shooting down would have made the game better.

another thing would be dashing up or down but you can't switch directions once you start dashing in that direction for multidashing.
>>
>>342719714
You can shoot anywhere with other weapons. That's what they're for.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.