[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think will be the next game for Blizzard? I hope
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: starcraft_ghost_003.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
starcraft_ghost_003.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
What do you think will be the next game for Blizzard? I hope they make Starcraft FPS game.
>>
>starcraft
>fps
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>342714753
Likely something to do with Diablo, since we've heard nothing about that, despite it selling millions world-wide.
>>
>>342716318
>halo wars
>RTS
Is it retarded?
>>
Warcraft IV
>>
>>342716567

yes
remember how it was terrible?
>>
>>342716417
Probably an expansion, since the game isn't old enough for them to replace yet.
>>
Starcraft III
>>
Dick Dick Swee
It's an 3rd person open world sandbox game loosely based off of Diablo where you play as a guy
>>
>>342716687
This. It was garbage as far as an RTS goes. But who knows, Blizzard makes pretty exceptional games in genres far oversaturated.
>>
>>342716687
Then why are they making a sequel? Are they literally insane?
>>
>>342716885
Yes they are. Halo is their cash cow and has been for many many years now, they want to make as much money as possible.
>>
>>342716857
Are you retarded?
>>
Another casual game. You can kiss Starcraft goodbye because that franchise has terrible sales.
>>
Overwatch Hearthstone
>>
>>342714753

I think Blizzard is setting in a pretty good place with the release of Overwatch and the recent releases of Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

IMHO, I would expect that they will look to release a remastered version of Warcraft 3, and then will start planning their next steps for Starcraft and Diablo.

Diablo 3 currently is mostly season maintenance, add a some items and tweak the game slightly for each season, but not developing new "real" content. D3 could get a second expansion, but thats anyones guess at this point.

SC2 is pretty much over at this point and will just be getting balance patches and occasional new MP maps.

The Starcraft universe would be a really good target for them to try and expand outside the genre. Traditional RTS games are really dead. Players that like the base building aspect can play any number of tower defense games and players who really like the combat aspect can play games like Dawn of War 2 or the Total War games. Players that liked the hero gameplay of Warcraft 3 have the whole ASSFAGGOTS genre. There aren't very many people that like having to manage both in a single game and be expected to have a very high APM.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.