[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started playing Cossacks (old isometric RTS from the studio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: cossacks 3.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cossacks 3.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Started playing Cossacks (old isometric RTS from the studio that made STALKER) again with some friends, and discovered the folks are working on a new game in the series, Cossacks 3 which supposedly is a remake of the first one.

So, uh, Cossacks thread I guess. Or just generally old RTS games.

Have a shourt fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8UHyjf33v8

Anyone played Cossacks back in the day? Here in germany it's a classic game for LAN parties.
>>
>>342710569
There is nothing to shitpost about Cossacks because its such a fantastic series

So expect this thread to die pretty quick
>>
>>342710569
Yeah, it was p nice
Shame that 2 was so shit
>>
>>342710653
Yeah, I know, I've had it happening before.

>>342710681
I didn't like 2 either, but I get what they were going for. In all the promo material for Cossacks and the demo screen they had those huge choreographed battles, when the battle system itself really wasn't that complex in the actual game, so they tried to focus more on the actual combat in the sequel than on building your town and managing ressources. Seems like they reacted to fans though with what Cossacks 3 is shaping up to be.
>>
>>342710569
I used to play the first one, and absolutely loved it, was a nice game with unique flavor. Never tried the second one, so how is it? Also, I have been considering to play online, which one holds better?
>>
>>342710887
Online for Cossacks 1 seems to be down, but the whole series is on steam sale right now for 5 bugs. (Plus American Conquest and all Stand-Alone Add-ons.)

Didn't try Cossacks 2 again yet, so no idea how it holds up. But it had a more complex battle system with weapon range and troop moral and stuff like that. Look up some gameplay video I suppose.
>>
bump for cossacks

Come on, I know you fucking faggots want to talk about it a little.

Netherlands best nation.
>>
>>342711061
Yea I did, and liked what I saw. Still, at this point in life I have become somewhat fed up with RTS games, and need something really worthwhile to keep me going, or something solid for multiplayer. Anyway, I saw some people still playing Back to War on game Ranger, will check i out.
>>
Really love rts, but never played this one.
Anyone care to tell me what makes this game so great?
>>
The folks? I thought GSC was rip
>>
>>342711893
Huge pike and shot armies smashing into each other

Its basically Total War but real time everything
>>
File: 25984-050-0578671E.jpg (228 KB, 1066x615) Image search: [Google]
25984-050-0578671E.jpg
228 KB, 1066x615
Ukraine is best faction.

>tfw spamming a buttload of riflemen that other countries can't even begin to replicate until the far end of late game

Except for Russia and their cheap as fuck wooden barracks.
>>
>>342711893
There is a lot of ressource management and building. You have a lot of different troop types, infantery, cavalery and cannons, plus battle ships if you want, and many different buildings like watch towers or academia where you can research a lot of shit. You can also take over enemy units like cannons or peasants and let them work in your mines or build a new town.

For example, you can play as Poland and fight the french, conquer some french peasant and make them build french buildings in your town so that you can also build french soldiers. It's a huge back-and-forth because you don't just destroy shit but also conquer it.

That and >>342712027

Give it a try, it's on steam sale right now, the entire series for just 5€.
>>
>>342712204
I used to hate ukraine as a kid because they only had one infantery type, but man are they strong if you play them right.
>>
I only played Cossacks: Back to War back in the day? Is there a better cossack to sink some hours in right now?
>>
>>342712354
Nah, BtW is the definitive version of Cossacks 1. Cossacks 2 is not that fun. Doesn't quite tickle the same spots as the first one.
>>
>>342712204
>not /v/ writes to Gaben.jpg
>>
>>342712204
I just spam the Cossacks cavalry
>>
wait, 3 is already out?
>>
Cossacks is one of those games that on paper I should really like but when it comes to actually playing the game I can't really get into it.
>>
>>342713545
Nah, sadly not.

>>342713679
How comes?
>>
File: 1462610274006.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1462610274006.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>342714081
I don't know anon. I feel like I should like it but for some reason I can't put my finger on I don't. I uninstalled it after a couple of hours and never felt the desire to go back.
>>
>>342714451
Have you tried switching up your playstyle? What were you generally doing?
>>
>>342712002
They re-opened 2014.
>>
Is there really anything similar to Cossacks? Most RTS games only have like 3 different ressources. Stronghold Crusader maybe, but other than that?
>>
>>342717662
american conquest is literally cossacks in america
>>
>>342717662
Empire Earth
Rise of Nations
>>
File: photo.jpg (10 KB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
10 KB, 217x217
>spamming riflemen legions
>raiding the unprotected outskirts of the enemy bases with cossacks

Ukraine truly was glorious
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.