[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it morally reprehensible to play this again after achieving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 460x215
Is it morally reprehensible to play this again after achieving True Pacifist Ending? I was going to try a Genocide run but Flowey's speech when I booted the game up after the TP ending made me feel like I would legitimately be a bad person for doing so
>>
>>342701965
No.
It is only a video game. Despite what Chara says, you ARE above any and all consequences that the game deals you because you are a human being and it is a video game. You can do genocide and then still get the normal good endings afterwards because you can delete the files in the appdata folder that would otherwise keep you from doing so.
>>
>>342701965
Who gives a fuck about it? It's a game.
But genocide is legitimately painful because 99% of it is boring as fuck. You oneshoot literally everyone except Undyne and Sans, and to get there you are forced to kill everyone else. And not just everyone you encounter. You have to exhaust the random monster kill counter in every area.
>>
File: flowey's promise.png (1 MB, 860x1768) Image search: [Google]
flowey's promise.png
1 MB, 860x1768
>>342701965
I felt that way too.

also, as a reminder
>asriel gave you exactly what he promised.
>>
>>342701965
>morally reprehensible
It's a fucking videogame you sperg.
>>
>>342701965
hell no

flowey also holds a speech justifying you going into genocide

the game doesn't know that you have much more power than just save/load, you can literally undo any genocide stuff you do whenever you want to with some simple file editing
>>
>>342701965
Who the hell cares if every character in the game is an annoying cocksucker? If you do genocide, what the hell are they gonna do, break out of your screen and rape you to death because "you think you're above all consequences" or some shit?
>>
>>342703912
>every character in the game is an annoying cocksucker
>still play the game
top autism
>>
File: 1466147898910.jpg (76 KB, 521x521) Image search: [Google]
1466147898910.jpg
76 KB, 521x521
>yfw What a Wonderful Idea
>>
File: Desert.jpg (826 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
826 KB, 1024x768
>>342703541
>>342703725
>>342703818
>>342703845
>>342703912
I think the implication is that you're betraying (this is assuming you empathized with the characters) your own sense of goodness. Because you feel for and sympathize with them, playing post pacifist is backstabbing them via your own abstraction of the game. Obviously they aren't physical entities, it is as the OP stated, a question of internal moral justification not specific to this game, or video games at all.
>>
>>342704397
The point is that you can rise above that because it's just a video game. You aren't betraying anything because the characters are not real people, they are just characters. You can hold whatever emotions they evoked in you or whatever moral lessons the story provoked while at the same time seeing the rest of the content that the game has to offer.
That's largely the point that the Genocide route tries to get across, anyway. It's a far less personal experience with less character interaction and development meant to be played with a different frame of mind. That doesn't mean it has to cancel out what you did before regardless of what your save file says, because you are a person separate from the game capable of experiencing both endings.
>>
Do it
>>
File: Chrysanthemum.jpg (859 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Chrysanthemum.jpg
859 KB, 1024x768
>>342704592
But do you not hold the evoked emotions because you treat them as functionally extant for the game?

I was under the impression that the Genocide run was expressly an condemnation of those who would care or purport to care, but trash the idea upheld of the things they value in the game to see some numbers increase.
>>
>>342705049
Why the fuck are you using stock premade computer pictures.
>>
File: 9wR1MlI.jpg (177 KB, 655x800) Image search: [Google]
9wR1MlI.jpg
177 KB, 655x800
>>342705098
why do you know I am?
new computer
>>
>>342701965
I don't know, I instantly realize it's a game when it tried to push any tougher decisions and it made it pretty lame, the kill all run was boring as fuck when you have to look for the enemies
>>
>>342705468
Honestly for that I used cheat engine to speed up the game.
Fight became more difficult and a little more fun.
Hell even doing it with the boss fights made them more entertaining/challenging. I'd reccommend doing it if not just for the boss fights if you haven't already.
>>
File: 1369059928991.jpg (16 KB, 186x179) Image search: [Google]
1369059928991.jpg
16 KB, 186x179
>morally reprehensible
Nigga the game is a bunch of pixels and code slapped together in game maker, you are autistic if you think about this game being moral on a meta level, calm down
And this is coming from a guy who wants to be fucked by Asgore wearing a bondage harness
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.