[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legacy servers will be announced in the july Get hyped!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 1439931423316.jpg (1004 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439931423316.jpg
1004 KB, 1600x1200
Legacy servers will be announced in the july
Get hyped!
>>
File: 1461511084015.jpg (7 KB, 216x216) Image search: [Google]
1461511084015.jpg
7 KB, 216x216
>implying
If legacy gets announced at all, it'll be after legion release and/or after the 2nd raid tier is unlocked.
>>
>>342699898
ptm
Also with full micro sanctions and shit. The magic is just gone.
>>
>>342700582
Well, supposing Blizzard manages to gut official legacy servers one way or another, it's still a major win for legacy WoW since since this time we are ready to document all the details that previously had been lost such that they can be correctly reimplemented on private servers.
>>
>>342699285

>the july
>>
>>342700830
I guess its just the current build only 60lvl and shitty outdated raids.
>>
>>342700582
>implying blizzard marketers are incompetent enough to release a project for a vanilla target democraphic then ruin it by adding the exact thing that made that target demographic turn away from them years before
Legacy will be pure.
Legacy will be great
>>
File: mike gets ride of old trash.jpg (116 KB, 600x669) Image search: [Google]
mike gets ride of old trash.jpg
116 KB, 600x669
Outrage is over, no one cares anymore. Enjoy your holy Illidan.
>>
>>342700965
But, anon... Vanilla was shit compared to TBC... While I would enjoy the 30sec no-deminishing returns fear/seduce chains, and rogues will 111112 people left and right, there is a reason vanilla should remain dead in favor of TBC.
>>
>>342701030
It was written in in 2005-2007 That Sargeras brings Illidan back to life but Illidan now switches the sides to Naarus. I think it was wowpedia back in the time not really sure if its still there.
>>
The only reason Nostramus was popular was because it was free
>>
>>342701091
>111112
>Not qqqqqe with 1-4 pots and bombs
>>
>>342699285
They could announce blowjobs for everyone and i would still tell them to fuck off. Fuck those jews and fuck you fucking shill.
>>
The Warcraft movie actually got me really hype to play WoW again but it's so far removed from what I fell in love with.

At least Nostalruse was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>342701232
Rogues take zero skill
Also, you did not need bombs and pots in vanilla ganking sprees.
However, SAP > Gnomish Death Ray was a thing.
>>
>>342701091
>CS
>BS
>Gouge
>KS
>Vanish
>Sap
>CS
>BS
>Gouge
>Evis
>Blind
>CS
>BS
>Gouge
>Evis

>walk away
>>
>>342701346
You didn't need but you did. I knew rogue back in the day he did half with combo and finished with bombs.
>>
>>342699285
At this point I'd rather play on low quality private servers once in a while for my fix.

Fuck Blizzard with the biggest greenest dildo.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks it'll never happen?
At this point building a time machine seems more feasible.
>>
>>342701091
>shit that never happened
Diminishing returns were literally added while the game was still in beta, "muh eternal CC in pvp" is the easiest way to spot an idiot who never played vanilla. Vanilla is superior to TBC in terms of world building, enviroment and social aspect. There was no 1v1 PvP balance in either games and better raiding in later additions was just a natural progress. Meanwhile, TBC has fucked game up with arenas, flying mounts, daily quests, welfare epics, tiny raid sizes and in the end it also removed attunements and made leveling easy. Fuck TBC fanboys.
>>
>>342701475
No, I honestly believe they brought the Nostralis guys for a meeting to sue them proper.
>>
>>342701475

they extended their meeting by like 3 hours brah

there's literally no reason to extend it if it wasn't going to happen
>>
>>342701152

>Yet another episode of good person turns bad then good again

They can't keep getting away with this!
>>
>>342701502
TBC had a lot flaws but it was fun to play.
>>
>>342701502
Bullshit on all points. Diminishing returns was "three casts", not a 10>8>6, and before 1.7 seduce and fear did not share a DR. Easy to spot the retard, there.
Do you recall warlocks all going with succi? Do you not remember why?
Better raiding in vanilla is rose-tinted glasses. Fire resist farming and Onyxia talisman must never ever be a thing again. 40man was a clusterfuck with minimal impact on personal skill, with classes shoehorned within a role (druids heal, warriors tank, paladins heal, no alternative. Also warlocks tank the Twin emp and some mobs I believe). I will not even mention soul shard farming/healthstone handing out and personally creating food and water for people in raids.
>>
>>342701665
We have not heard of Sargeras since WotLK.
>>
File: time.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
Everyone is so fascinated with vanilla WoW because while it was a theme park MMO, it didn't fucking forget that it was an MMO. There was still a ton of, as >>342701502 said, world building and social stuff going on.

For fuck's sake someone just make a proper MMO already. If it's absolutely got to be theme park instead of sandbox, at least copy what WoW was instead of what it's become.
>>
>>342701502
Top vanilla raids like bwl/aq40/naxx didn't even had real attunements
>>342701776
>BAAAAW HOW DARE ROLES DOING THEY ROLE????? I WANT BRING PLAYERS AND NOT CLASSES INTO RAIDS111111
Cancer like you ruined wow forever
>>
>>342702020
>Bosses has to have complex tactis to beat them ;--))
duse 8 main (warrior) tank horseman
>>
>>342701776
Citation needed, nigger.
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Fear
>patch 1.7 even lists freezing trap under same DR category as fear and poly
Also, Seduce shared same category as Fear
>Better raiding in vanilla is rose-tinted glasses
Better quality of TBC raids is something I addmitted to in the previous post, learn to fucking read. Large raids are fucking great though, I understand that they're a bitch to coordinate if you're in the leadership, but MMORPG must have massive encounters.

>>342701694
Vanilla was pretty much Flaws: The Game, and it was the most fun iteration of WoW, period.
>>
>>342702321
I liked TBC more because it had more specs working properly. But then vanilla goods too.
>>
File: 481168-aeonus.jpg (388 KB, 1552x970) Image search: [Google]
481168-aeonus.jpg
388 KB, 1552x970
>>342701891
>"Your time is up slave of the past."
>>
Are we talking about 100% vanilla or vanilla with new models, animations and graphics?
>>
>>342702903
>new models
Fine if it's client-side like in retail.
>animations and graphics
Fuck that.
>>
>>342701502
>arenas
TBC didn't start gutting classes in the name of "e-sports" balance so it was harmless past-time
>flying mounts
Barely had an effect on anything within the context of TBC. I made a lengthy argument elsewhere, pic realted.
>daily quests
...were introduced as an alternative way to pay the bills for tanks and healers and since TBC did in no way oblige you to do them (okay, SOMEONE had to do Isle dailies, but not necessarily you) and considering the classes were yet to be homogenized hell and back, their introduction actually made sense at the time
>welfare epics
Focus on the item colour is misguided, what actually matters is the quality of items. Catchup gear is important for the health of the game (high-end players really want a recruitment base of players who can carry their weight at some level, capable new players deserve the means to prove their worth instead of being stuck with bads just because they started late, and ultimately it's the casuals who keep the clogs of the game running and they need a carrot once in a while). Catchup gear in TBC didn't make content obsolete (and indeed kept Kara and 5-mans active throughout the expansion), even the most nerfed versions of heroics were fairly respectable, and it required a lot of time and effort to get.
>>
>>342701502
>>342703405
>tiny raid sizes
Last time I checked, vanilla also had small-scale raids (UBRS, ZG, AQ20). Also, it might be different with extra tryhard players of today so reverting to bigger raids might work now, but at the time a large part of 40-mans was dead weight and 25-mans offered good balance between individual responsibility/tight tuning and the scale.
>removed attunements
The most involved attunements were in TBC and they were removed long after the content has ceased being relevant for progression raiding (offering a gentle push for players who had not previously raided that content: "maybe you should give it a try"). A lot of raids in vanilla didn't have attunements either in the first place so clearly their absence wasn't damning for the game.
>made leveling easy
Total time it takes to level was increased even with the introduction of new quests and 2.3 reducing the amount of XP required from 20-60 (not by a whole lot), and classes were roughly as powerful as before. You're thinking of WotLK with prot warriors becoming damage immune while 1-shotting two mobs simultaneously with Revenge and such like.

In fact, you're thinking of WotLK in general. You look at WotLK and find there's no world PvP and conclude it must have been flying mounts that took it away when in fact any reasons for players of opposite factions getting to the same area were removed, removing 95% of all PvP encounters, while the remaining 5% of assaulting travelling players was removed by flying and there you find a suitable scapegoat. Yes, flying is an inherent handicap to world PvP and exploration but it was almost inconsequential in TBC in that regard. Or you look at WotLK where badge gear rendered all but the latest raid tier obsolete but this wasn't the case in TBC either.
>>
>>342701776
THE ONYXIA QUEST CHAIN ON HORDE WAS FUCKING NICE YOU RETARD
I never understood why people disliked attunments. This makes a char so much more worthwhile. I wish the attunments were even harder back then.
>>
File: flying mounts.png (151 KB, 817x927) Image search: [Google]
flying mounts.png
151 KB, 817x927
>>342703405
Forgot the picture
>>
>>342703592
>first two lines
Now wait a second. Aren't blue flight mounts 60% on land and 150% in air?
>>
>>342703648
Just WotLK things, anon.
>>
>>342703592
In TBC i guess about 40% got 250%, Wotlk 80%, Cata 100%
>>
I sure as fuck hope so. I'm playing ESO right now, and it's only making me miss classic WoW even more.
>>
>>342701642
The fact that they had a meeting at all means that they must be considering the possibility at the very least. When Legion inevitably bombs, I don't think they're going to have any choice but bring back Classic.
>>
>>342699285

Why bother?

They make more money with all their micro-transaction games.

Milk the cow until it's dry, eh?
>>
>>342699285

Do tell what makes you say that, do you have a single thing to back that up?
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (171 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
171 KB, 1200x900
>>342699285
> wanting to pay 20$ a month for 10 year old content.
>>
>>342705093

>20$ a month

Why are you throwing the price up?
>>
>>342704971
Well, the timing is obviously wrong. If Blizzard was to do such a thing, Blizzcon would be a natural timing (they sure as hell aren't going to announce them before Legion launch).

However, Blizzard has been making a number of announcements that sound like stalling and while he obviously isn't allowed to make an announcement, if you read between the lines of his tweets, Mark Kern also appears to have discussed the matter in much greater detail after their meeting, which to me suggests the meeting was far from being just a formality.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.