[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished up Dragonfall and loved it. Is HK any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: HK.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HK.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
Just finished up Dragonfall and loved it. Is HK any good?
>>
>>342697778
It's decent but not as good. The story isn't as well told or as good as DF and the gameplay is basically more of the same with some very minor improvements.

It has really cool lore that it weaves into the narrative (basically since it's China it's about people utilizing chi energy to do magic shit) and some really good companions but that's basically it.

Worth a playthrough but don't expect it to surpass DF.
>>
>>342697778
Does that mean adepts are better in this game?
>>
>>342697778
yes, especially after they added extended edition fixes and shit.
>>
It's almost as good as Dragonfall. You should definitely give it a try.
>>
Rachter, Gaichu and Gobbet are the only companions worth a damn, but they're easily the best characters they've made to date.
>>
>>342697778
The soundtrack is God-tier but I didn't like the changes to hacking. Aside from that it's almost as good but not quite as good as Dragonfall.
>>
Let's just say I'm looking a lot forward to the Battletech game than ever replaying HK.
>>
>>342698749
how so? I was a punch guy in DF but I essentially gave up on the chi side of things after I got stride because I was so strapped for karma. Ended up getting a new pair of arms for the str bonus

chi casting much better now? I remember the mana punch sucking dick compared to just punching a bitch
>>
It's well-written and once again they improved on the UI a lot, but imo it's not as good as Dragonfall.

It was still well worth the money, even at full price, and they've added a bonus campaign since.
>>
>>342698902
Honestly I'd even be happy if they released another SR campaign without improving on anything else.
HK was good enough that it makes me want more.
>>
>>342698803
I liked that your companions are kind of shitty people this time around, Gobbet and Is0bel especially but the others aren't spotless either.
>>
>>342697778

It's identical to Dragonfall down to having the same "do random jobs while someone else does things that involve the actual plot" premise

If you thought HBS's last glorified VN was good then you'll probably like it
>>
>>342700014
you sound mad
>>
File: rachter.png (197 KB, 690x406) Image search: [Google]
rachter.png
197 KB, 690x406
>>342697778
Assuming you play mage or street sam the gameplay improvements will be great. Otherwise its more of the same. The stories not as good and barring gaichu/rachter your team is pretty boring.

Also theres a massive amount of shit to read after every mission. Everyone in the hub will talk you to death.

Honestly its a no brainer for 7 bucks since you liked dragonfall
>>
>>342700908
>gameplay improvements

people keep saying this but all I saw was just more OP augs to make the combat even easier
>>
File: Npc_orkfemale_gobbet.png (91 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
Npc_orkfemale_gobbet.png
91 KB, 212x278
I want to procreate with this ork!
>>
>>342701001
The cybernetics tree not only gives gun users the amazing cyber whip but for melee guys it gives you actual abilities that you want to use instead of clicking thrust and then using that for the entire game.

Besides, you dont get a lot of money in hong kong, between weapon upgrades and armor(assuming youre not a decker or rigger which would put you further back) you wont be chromed to the gills for a long time.
>>
>>342697778
Also have the best soundtrack of the games.
>>
>>342699895
I don't really see how Gobbet was a shitty person. There was that business with the artefact and the raft she used to live on, but she was tricked into that and didn't have anything to do with the second time it all blew up. Beyond that she just seemed to be the living embodiment of 'happy-go-lucky'.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.