[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ i seriously need your help. After many years of gaming I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1300862176235.png (131 KB, 252x257) Image search: [Google]
1300862176235.png
131 KB, 252x257
/v/ i seriously need your help.

After many years of gaming I have realized I am into "rare hunting" in games. Example: I played Ultima Online for 7 years and all I did was try and collect the rarest items in the game (keep in mind they were not weapons, but items that would spawn either randomly, or at a certain time a day or week)

What game could I play these days to satisfy this craving?
>>
Any Korean MMO, like Lineage 2 or Ragnarok. Drop rates of shit are ridiculously low in them.
>>
Any crate game like TF2
Say bye to your money
>>
>Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
It has missables and you will need a guide because some enemies don't spawn sometimes on maps and would require you to either restart or waste hours getting back to said map.
>Final Fantasy Tactics.
The Deep Dungeon, fur shop, catching items from ninjas will hook you.
>Monster Hunter
It's literally all you do in the game. The best part is fighting nude.
>>
File: asl8esAx.png (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
asl8esAx.png
42 KB, 512x512
>>342694656
Monster Hunter. Enjoy never getting anything rare you desire.
>>
>>342694656

Sauce on that pic?
>>
>>342694656
Path of Exile.
You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than finding certain items.
>>
>>342695457
Pretty sure it's Nicki Minaj, and she's just a pop singer.
>>
>>342695668

Skin color is a little too white to be minaj
>>
>>342695457
looks like it might be Lana Rain
>>
>>342694656
You might have to play on your own, but if you have a 360 or PS3 then Castlevania Harmony of Despair. You can sink thousands of hours into the game without "maxing" out. Some of the drop rates are horrendous. For example, a single drop of a specific item can take beating the boss literally over 1000 tries for people that aren't lucky like me. Only item I got lucky on was the sonic boots. Chapter 10 drops will require you to get really good at a hard glitch in order to beat quickly, otherwise the map will take you like half an hour each time.
>>
>>342695276
As a huge MH fan, I've never really understood people complaining about the grind. Sure, some items are in the tenths place for rarity, but a few hours for one or two of something is never to the levels of some legit mmos
>>
>>342695768

I don't think she has lip and nose piercings, or at least I haven't seen them in any of here videos (that I've seen anyway)
>>
>>342695768
definitely not
>>
You could always play Runescape (either version) on Ironman mode. Try and get some of the mega-rare Clue Scroll items.

If PSO1 was even still active anywhere, it is literally rare item hunting: The game.
>>
File: gc_phantasy_star_online_I&II.jpg (57 KB, 348x500) Image search: [Google]
gc_phantasy_star_online_I&II.jpg
57 KB, 348x500
>>342694656
That was Phantasy Star Online's bread and butter, part of the charm might be missing with no one else to play with though. You could try a private server
>>
>>342696665
>>342696686
Phantasy Starmind
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.