[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 350x500
Is this game any good?
>>
>>342694569
God damn you just reminded me this existed. I remember enjoying it but it's been way too long and I was a kid back then so it could have been shit for all I know. Can't really help you that much but here's a bump I guess.
>>
>>342694879
for you
>>
Yes, that and Black Monday were pretty impressive at the time.

The kid in the gym locker left me fucking scarred for life.
>>
I liked it, but last time i played it was when i was 14 and first getting into Brit crime films like Lock Stock and Snatch. From what i remember the devs didn't want any ui elements at all so you had to do stupid shit like follow your cars blinkers for navigation.
>>
>>342694569
no, even back in the day it was a poor GTA clone. I fucking despised all those small pillars everywhere to impede car movement.
>>
>>342697141

It was pretty far from a GTA clone. It was more like a cinematic crime thriller than an open world action game like GTA.
>>
>>342697619
I'll see if I still have the disk around, but even back then I remember thinking it was trying to play to the appeal and attention that GTA3 was getting.
>>
>>342697906

Not at all, it had been in development since the PS1 era.
The game isn't even open world until you finish all the main missions.
>>
>>342697007
this annoyed the fuck out of me, I remember going in circles looking for the place to turn until I realised I had to stop in front of a closed garage door that looks just like a piece of scenery
>>
>>342697007
I enjoyed the whole no hud mentality. You had to check your health looking at your body and shit, and at the time I thought it was cool as fuck. How did they do weapons without ui? can't remember right now
>>
>>342697619

Yeah, because you remember all those crime thrillers where the getaway driver makes sure to use his turn signals and gets lost all the time.

And GTA Vice City has absolutely nothing in common with cinematic crime thrillers like Scarface. And it's not like GTA 3 copied its soundtrack from that movie or anything.
>>
>>342698618

you just shot until the gun wouldn't shoot anymore. You usually knew you were low on ammo when your character stopped dual wielding pistols.
>>
>>342698674
>because you remember all those crime thrillers where the getaway driver makes sure to use his turn signals and gets lost all the time
Not him, but Black Monday's stealth mission into a corporate building and murder in the theater are pretty memorable to me.
>>
>>342697906
believe it or not, rockstar weren't the first people to think of an open world crime game.
devs had been trying to do it for years but the ps2 era was the first time it was possible in full 3d. The getaway was in development long before gta III came out
>>
the game was cool as fuck, i remember only having a demo and i spend so much time just driving around the city obeying the traffic rules
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.