[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't you guys tell me how fucking great and comfy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: Divinity_Original_Sin_cover[1].png (210 KB, 280x375) Image search: [Google]
Divinity_Original_Sin_cover[1].png
210 KB, 280x375
Why didn't you guys tell me how fucking great and comfy this game was? It's awakening this great nostalgia for RPGs I haven't felt in a long while.
>>
>>342691970
>comfy
ugh
>>
>>342692048
>ugh
ugh
>>
Do you guys not want to talk about this game? Is there nothing to talk about? How am I supposed to pretend like I have real friends if I can't talk to to anyone about games
>>
>>342692314
I think people are just tired of CRPGS, because it's been CRPG season here since this and Pillars of Eternity came out, then Underrail, and then the entire board went into full-on Infinity Engine nostalgia mode once the BG 1 expansion came out and everyone reinstalled their old games (especially Planescape: Torment.)

So, yeah, /v/ likes Divinity: OS but doesn't talk about it because everyone here burned themselves out on CRPGS for the next few months.
>>
>>342693253
well that sucks. I guess I'm just behind the times. Never mind then.
>>
>>342693410
It's not personal, just enjoy the game.
>>
>>342693534
No worries. Thanks anon.
>>
>>342693696
Awww shit, I just picked this game up earlier. Haven't gotten to play it, but I've already got my girlfriend on board with a playthrough. Fuck people who aren't talking about it.

Hoping it's as good as everyone says it is, heard and read a lot of good shit about it.
>>
>>342691970
boom baby
the spiritual successor/sequel is going to be so good
>>
>>342693905
I just got to the first town and already I love this game. I feel bad for not getting it sooner so I could contribute to the threads about it. I always seem to be late to the party. I'm glad you and your gf are enjoying it.
>>
>>342693905
I tried to get my girlfriend to play this with me
It turned out to be too confusing for her
lol
>>
>>342694265
I did the same, but she actually loved it. We still had to play on easy, but she managed to build an OP rouge.

Anyways you the game is great
>>
>>342694191
The sequel shows a lot of promise.
Zombie is best trait
>>
File: 1369343104096.gif (14 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1369343104096.gif
14 KB, 416x416
>>342694605
aw sick I didn't even know there was going to be a sequel. This night just keeps getting better
>>
>>342694559
the two player turned based and confusing itemization threw her off, but she'll come around
>>
File: 1404499762303.jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1404499762303.jpg
547 KB, 1920x1080
>>342694191
Not to add salt to the injury but the old generals for the game were fucking great
>>
>>342694901
Just getting the 4 player mod made the game exponentially better. The game really shines during moments of fuck ups and arguing over which direction to go.
>>
>>342694191
I wouldn't really worry too much about it. I usually pick my games up WAY late mostly because it's just the cheapest way to do it. Also, opinion's can change about a game from launch to a year later, and I've been fucked plenty of times on that one so I generally just wait.

>>342694265
Your girl doesn't sound all that smart dude, no offense. Fortunately for me I don't have to worry about that. Hoping to have the same experience as >>342694559 when I actually get around to playing it with her.

> Easymode
> Not carrying your girl from beginning to end on the hardest difficult for extra challenge
>>
>>342691970
I tried to play this but the character creation felt so limited to me that I just couldn't bring myself to get into it.
>>
Is there a way to disable voices? I can't stand talking to people in EE, every fucking character is voiced. Who thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>342695852
Why would everyone being voiced be a bad idea?
>>
>>342695913
Because it's distracting and useless.
>>
>>
>>342695994
>>342696085
I think if the writing supports it, then voiced NPCs are A-OK by me. I'm really not sure what the big deal is
>>
>>342695913
Reading lets players go about their own pace. Waiting for NPC's to finish their dialog way after you've finished reading them is just bad.
Not all voices are pleasant to listen to. Skipping dialogs also doesn't feel right because you paid for it (if you didn't own the original way before EE was announced)
>>
>>342695913
That excuse has more holes than this fine slice of Gorgombert!
>>342695994
Blame consoles
>>
>>
>>342696213
>go about their own pace
Friend, if you're done reading then why do you feel obliged to not skip to the next part? The voice is there for immersion. There's certainly no obligation to listen to the voices if you're already done reading everything.
>>
>>342696464
Character stopping talking mid sentence every sentence is not very immersive
>>
>>342696575
I suppose that depends on whether you find pure text or voice immersive. Pauses in voiced dialogue never hurt anyone.
>>
File: 1451531390458.jpg (83 KB, 560x682) Image search: [Google]
1451531390458.jpg
83 KB, 560x682
>>342691970
The game gets worse the longer it goes on
It starts out great, because your skills change a lot of how you can play the game
Starting with invisibility means you can rob the entire town blind and pawn all their shit to buy tons of spells
It's a lot of fun

But then the combat gets old
Your characters fall into patterns
Bosses become damage sponges with nothing really interesting going on
There's very, very few towns and not really any interesting NPCs/questlines to follow

It's not a bad game, but it epitomizes the "seek seek lest, thou art the chosen one, meet some elves and orcs and fight the DARKKK LORDDD" shit that the best CRPGs subverted

For example, you could play Neverwinter Nights 2 where you're cursed with ancient magic that forces you to eat the souls of other living things to survive
Or you could play Divinity OS where you're the special chosen one that fights the evil guys
>>
>>342696286
Dude, fucking this. I almost dreaded going back into Cyseal after a while because of those vendors spewing the same 2 lines over and over.

>Join the SPUHD club if ya got an eye for fine PUHTATERS
>>
>>342696854
They actually changed it in the updated special edition that they gave out for free. Vendors talk way less and I think they removed the cheese guy entirely.

It's one of the first things I noticed because Cyseal was so fucking annoying when I tried to first play the game.
>>
>>342696725
Old Bioware games like NWN or BG took the middle ground and made NPC introductions voiced and the rest just plain text. I found that just right.
>>
>>342696971
not on the PS4 version. Their voices still haunt my dreams.
>>
File: divinity os character creation.jpg (150 KB, 538x602) Image search: [Google]
divinity os character creation.jpg
150 KB, 538x602
>>342695490
This. I can't bring myself to play any RPG where you can only play as characters that look hideous.
>>
>>342697097
You aren't wrong; I do like those. But I can't condemn the efforts of the developers to try and modernize things a bit.

I mean in certain RPGs too many voiced NPCs can break immersion because of how badly voiced or written they are, but so far (and I am not that far into the game, I'll admit) the writing and voices seem to be pretty great.
>>
>>342697180
The game has a isometric (ish) view why the fuck do you want to waste hours making a character you are never going to see
>>
>>342697465
>But I can't condemn the efforts of the developers to try and modernize things a bit.
You killed good RPGs
>>
>>342697475
Having at least one or two options that aren't grotesque wouldn't mean wasting hours. And regardless of how often I look at the characters, it's an still an RPG. It's just not fun if I don't even like my own characters.
>>
>>342697551
That's a little harsh. It's not like I'm pointing to Fo4 and using that as an example for good voiced NPCs. New Vegas had great writing, and all of their NPCs were fully voiced. I'm just saying that voiced shit can be a good thing when done properly, and that D:OS did a good job of it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.