[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games actually let you spare helpless enemies and not have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: i yield.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
i yield.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
What games actually let you spare helpless enemies and not have them try to attack you the second you lower guard?
>>
>>342684021
I think max mayne 3 did that at one point
>>
I YIELD I YIELD!
NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE
>>
>>342684021
I don't think there are any; not where they beg you for their life anyway (and it's not just part of their ambient dialog as they try and flee)
>>
File: no quarter.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
no quarter.webm
3 MB, 800x450
if you let them go they would just try to get you back later anyway, even if they pretended to leave the area. They're the lowest of the low, like the cannibals from The Road
Also, it would complicate things immensely if you had to herd around hostages all game
>>
File: memegame.jpg (5 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
memegame.jpg
5 KB, 460x215
>>342684021
i can think of a few
>>
>>342684021
Ass Creed 2
>>
>>342686982
Wrong you retard, learn to read the question. This is about sparing enemies, not converting them into friends.
>>
>>342684220
When? Do they surrender to you in Portuguese?
>>
>>342687208
the button's literally marked *SPARE

it counts
>>
>>342686863
>that girl running into the wall

Truly the greatest game of 2013.
>>
File: TLOU surgeons (ending).webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
TLOU surgeons (ending).webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>342684021
At one point, TLOU lets you murder people who have surrendered to you when you have the option of sparing them. But they aren't "enemies" in the sense that they can't hurt you
>>
File: PD.jpg (62 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
PD.jpg
62 KB, 1024x768
I DON'T LIKE THIS ANYMORE!
/v/ confirmed underage.
>>
>>342687660
>And in the end Joel guaranteed we'd be The Last of Us

Like pottery.
>>
>>342687660
>says she doesn't want to die
>gets kicked in the shoulder, clearly doesn't die
10/10, awaiting sequel.
>>
>>342689409
you can shoot her in the gut and watch her gasp for breath and bleed out, or blast her head open with a shotgun, or torch her with a flamethrower, etc, depending on how much of a sadist you are
>>
>>342690171
You can also kick her in the shoulder, where she will cunningly play dead and live on, as shown in the webm.
>>
>>342690294
no she is actually dead, that kick kills anyone who is downed/kneeling. Happens in both MP and SP all the time. If they were faking death they would move in pain when you shoot their "corpse"
>>
>>342686863

this game was a lot better than uncharted with its watered down and disneyfied combat
>>
>>342690610
>he doesn't like Indiana Jones: Naughty Dog edition.

I just want another Indy game mang.
>>
>>342690610
name one disney movie that is remotely as violent as Uncharted
>>
>>342690735

id like that too. but the game is 60% walking and climbing which is boring as shit and requires no skill. i thought rise of the tomb raider was better
>>
>>342687275
In the police station theres a cop that throws his gun down iirc.
>>
>>342690784

i meant that the grittiness and realism of the shooting and death is toned down quite a bit compared to last of us. that removes some of the satisfaction of the gunplay, for me at least.
>>
>>342684021
Most Shin Megami Tensei games
Some of them do call you a gullible faggot and try to attack you afterwards anyways though
>>
>>342690857
ohhh yeah! The last surviving cop at the police shooting gallery. Good catch. And he really does totally surrender and never come back after you, too. I dont think he says anything at all (even in Portuguese) but he does get on his knees, drop his gun and put his hands behind his head
>>
>>342690826
>but the game is 60% walking and climbing
maybe if you're playing on moderate or below and you're getting lost all the time
>>
>>342689409
>>342687660

quick! Lets perform this completely unethical and fatal surgery on this child, scoop out her brains just to look at it, we dont even have any organ transportation prepared or lab equipment on hand, we just want to open her up and see her insides.

oh no someone wants to kill me? NO I DONT WANT TO DIE!
>>
>>342687660
When that black harlot was trying to save her ass
>Pls lemme go
>Joel: No, you'll just come after her
Joel did nothing wrong. Who the fuck knows if they really had a cure..
>>
cant you do this in Binary Domain or something? I remember seeing a webm of what looked like the main character executing a bunch of tied up women as they begged him not to
>>
>>342684271
should of*

retard...
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.