[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I do it? This shit is on sale on Steam for like 12 dollaroos.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: derp.jpg (72 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
72 KB, 700x394
Should I do it? This shit is on sale on Steam for like 12 dollaroos. I haven't played any DBZ games since the Budokai and Tenkaichi series on the PS2 and I know Xenoverse 2 was announced. I just want it for the single player experience. I don't want to go play online since I heard there's a huge points imbalance problem where people can stack "power" or "attack" or whatever and kill people in 1 or 2 shots.
>>
>>342683004
play it for 2 hours and return it, the combat is really repetitive and boring
>>
>>342683004
I have 90 hours in this game, I'd say it's worth $12

Just be weary of the balancing issues, RNG, hit detection, and annoying AI perks
>>
>>342683004
Use a save editor/cheatengine for unlocks because fuck the rng grind seriously.
>>
>>342683450
>I have 90 hours in this game
how?
>>
>>342683545
I heard unlocking things is some bullshit too. I've never tried cheat engine on a steam game. Does steam give a shit or can it lead to vac ban since the game can be played online?
>>
>>342683581
Eh, you can get fake fun from anywhere.
>>
>>342683581
I got to at least lvl 70 on each race

The grind to lvl 90+ is tedious as fuck
>>
>>342683715
No idea desu. I heard save editing was fine as long as you didn't give your character impossible values, but I don't know how steam deals with CE. Has no problem with it being used in Dragon's Dogma at least.
>>
Also been curious for a while but the DLC always kept me from buying it.
>>
>>342683545
At release drops were tied to framerate. This has since been fixed and drops aren't as bad now.

>>342683581
211 hours here.
>how?
Eight character slots, one for every character combination, lots of versus matches, and 94% of achievements earned.

I see a lot of complaints that have been resolved by the game's patches. It's a solid Dragonball game and one of the few with a wealth of customization. The flaws it does have should be improved upon in the sequel.
>>
>>342685021
>This has since been fixed and drops aren't as bad now.
Like hell they aren't.
>>
>>342683581
It's a great game that's why? I have over 9000 hours of playtime as well.

Pre ordering XV2 was a no brainer
>>
File: Dragon_Ball_Kai-1.png (582 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Ball_Kai-1.png
582 KB, 1280x720
>>342687269
>>
>>342687269
I just found it incredibly repetitive and boring
>>
File: 1424118227650.png (1 MB, 1002x880) Image search: [Google]
1424118227650.png
1 MB, 1002x880
>>342687269
>over 9000
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>342688045
I also found the mmo-style farming to suck the fun out of the game. Hours can go by just trying to get one fucking skill since there's RNG within RNG.

Also, why are transformations and attacks randomly given like items instead of being learned as you level up? If they're gonna bring in mmorpg shit, do it right.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.