[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm conflicted. This game looks so fucking cool, and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1080
I'm conflicted. This game looks so fucking cool, and the destiny esque gameplay mechanics really tempt me to pull the trigger and grab it on steam. Is it really all that bad, or is that just a meme?
>>
The game is broken at fundamental levels.

First, there is no real end game. Once you run the story missions, the only left to do is grind gear for no reason.

The gun play is trash. For a game about Resident Evil style viruses and mutations, the only enemies you fight are human bullet sponges.

The Dark Zone, where you go to get the good gear, is loaded with hackers and other miscreants. Walking in with a good team helps, but dealing with randoms is suffering.

The world looks nice but it feels lifeless since there is almost no interaction. The lack of TECHNOLOGY and PHYSICS makes the world look like a budget cover shooter in a tux.
>>
>>342681061
People didnt believe me when I said these things would happen
Fps devs dont know how to run a faux-mmo
>>
>>342681061
I have 140 hours in the Division and this is all 100% correct. Before the recent patch, the loot grind was worse than vanilla Diablo 3's. It's slightly better now but it's still a shitty skinnerbox without much of a point.
>>
>>342681421
>Fps devs
Were the people behind this actually FPS devs? The game is missing basic stuff like server side modeling, logging, and other basic safeties that should have been standard since the 90's.
>>
>>342680653
>the destiny esque gameplay mechanics really tempt me to pull the trigger and grab it on steam

You're a special kind of retard.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
i dont give a fuck what other people say, i really enjoy playing it. something about having a game style like this that isnt fucking wizards and other magic/sci fi bullshit makes me really like it

music is great too
>>
70 hours on the game. Played it with friends back when it was first released.

It's a "class" based shooter that suffers from no end-game. In order to get gear when the game first came out, you just grinded a respawnable named mob that would drop credits and purples to get crafting mats. With that nerfed, now you have to grind the Dark Zone which is totally unfun and incredibly grindy.

Gunplay is your standard casual FPS shit. Nothing new there.

Classes aren't really classes. I played a medic and the only difference between me and the next guy was that I used power sockets instead of firearm sockets and what abilities I chose.

It would've been a solid 7.5-8/10 if it had an actual end-game but they completely dropped the ball. The gunplay was okay, nothing special but nothing awful. Gearing was actually somewhat decent because upgrades actually mattered. The problem is that the game had no mechanics to avoid besides sitting behind cover and shooting when you CC'd someone and that there was no real gearing path besides grinding something for hours upon hours upon hours.
>>
>>342682120
Fuck off. Clearly the OP is just trying to find some good in the game. Destiny is good and it worked for them.
>>
>>342682120
destiny is way more interesting in so many ways
the "legendaries" are all boring and are mostly just does more damage
even borderlands does that better

there are no builds
all the bosses are just 10% bigger normal dude with 10x health

>>342682552
i agree its interesting that it isnt all sci fi and doesnt go into wizards n shit
but thats just a shot to the foot leaving it with no real way to make the gameplay interesting
it would be interesting if the game was set farther in the future so they had more tech to work with rather than guns, auto turrets and rolly grenades being the most interesting the gameplay gets

man just think of a deus ex esc mmo where people can do diablo 3 style builds
shit would be so cash
>>
>>342682552
>gs bracket 161
You haven't even hit the main grind.

>>342683443
This is also what kills the longevity. No classes or real builds makes it so you only give a fuck about one character. They tried to remedy this with the gear sets but everyone always goes for the DPS set because the other ones only matter for CM Incursions and no one really bothers because you can get the same loot from the DZ.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.