[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they ever be taken seriously by anybody 13+ and be #1 again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 2759200-nintendo-logo.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2759200-nintendo-logo.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
Will they ever be taken seriously by anybody 13+ and be #1 again? If so what will they need to do?
>>
Make good games.

I mean, really, the competition is movies and Microsoft. Can't be that hard..
>>
For one, they need to stop listening to people like you
>>
>>342678341
they are taken seriously given its demographic is mostly people on hte late 20s.

what you are thinking all kids like is CoD and whatever flavor of the month Sony and Microsoft release
>>
>>342678341
They need to just go back to making fun video games and stornger hardware. No more of this gimmicky shit like motion controls or touch screens.
>>
No fucking gimmicks.
>>
>>342678341
They need to make consoles on the level of PS4 and XB1 to give us a better experience and stop catering to kids so much. Wii U graphics are trash if it isn't animated.. Or come up with something revolutionary and original like the first Wii was in 06
>>
>>342678975
>>342679006
Both of these. The only games that look visually nice and fun for Nintendo is Mario & Pokemon, everything else is ass
>>
>>342678903
They have always made fun video games.
>>
>>342678975
>nintendo releases a console at similiar power as ps4
>no gimmicks
>implying anyone will buy it since they already have a ps4
Nintendo can't just make another PC with their own OS and sell it as a console, there's already two of those
>>
>>342678341
I'd say third parties but it's weird that no one wants to develop for Nintendo consoles irregardless of the small user base.

Like AA games are perfect because you can be a high cut against the competition on the Wii U graphics wise, and still maintain a budget.

Wii U could have been a dying genre machine (car combat, jrpg, 3D platformer, and hq 2D platformers like the new Rayman games)

Unfortunately it seems like devs either want to make mobile indie stuff or AAA blockbuster "masterpieces" with the in-between games completely dying off
>>
>>342679006
I'll take trash graphic quality over 20-30 fps any day
>>
>>342678975
Nintendo has never released anything without some kind of gimmick. They will do it again, the real question is will it be brilliant like the analog stick, or complete shit like the Wii U gamepad?
>>
>>342680437
It's probably going to be VR of some kind, possibly not at launch tho. Might just talk about it coming later

Also the whole hand held and console combination thing
>>
>>342679491
You seem to have a case of extremely bad taste

Do you seriously not like dktf?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.