[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the sims
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1065832-plumbob.jpg (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1065832-plumbob.jpg
13 KB, 640x640
what sims should i get?

i have no idea why but i suddenly feel like playing one of these shitty games, and i don't know if they got massively worse after sim2 or still decent. i like designing and building homes more than filling bars if 3 or 4 does that part better, and if there's modding that's pirate-friendly that'd be cool.

i know sims is surprisingly popular around here, please advise.
>>
>>342677961
The original is still the best.
>>
>>342678080
This or 3 is decent. If you get 4 you are an irredeemable faggot who should be shot because muh LGBT and whatnot.
>>
File: 803ac91cbc9fa.jpg (274 KB, 710x710) Image search: [Google]
803ac91cbc9fa.jpg
274 KB, 710x710
>>342678080
>tfw Sims 1 and all expansions are $110 on amazon
>>
>>342678446
I have them all. Sometimes I wish I had skipped the pets. The stays drain resources and make messes.
>>
>>342677961

If you like building homes more, I'm gonna have to say 4, as there's lot of quality of life changes to the building process and it's much less of a slog.

Not to say it's better overall, as I still think 2 wins that particular contest, but it's better suited for that play need.

If you really need tons of items for the whole interior decorating thing, then 3 is fine too, but 3 has always ran like garbage for me, even with NRAAS mods.

All Sims games have modding that's pirate friendly, so that's less of a concern, though there's obviously more mods for 2 and 3.
>>
thanks for your time gents

i'll try 4 since its new(ish) and shiny
>>
Don't support EA, pirate this shit you faggot.
>>
Get The Sims 3, it's by far the best and has a thon of content.

>>342679880

This, if you're going to pirate games from any company, pirate EA games.
>>
>>342679880
>>342680350

of coursh!

though maxis used to be good to me
>>
Each has it's up and downs.

Sims 1 for the charm and more cartoony feel to it. Also a Drew Carey cameo.

Sims 2 for general improvements, lots of expansions and big modding scene.

Sims 3 is bigger and is mostly the same as Sims 2 but different art style. Runs like fucking ass with enough expansions even on good computers on a SSD. Avoid installing too many expansions and get performance improvement mods, even if you have a good computer.

Sims 4 has a lot of building improvements to make it easier. Not many expansions out at the moment, some things got revamped. I think the S4 Sims look better than S3 Sims, they don't seem as chubby.
Runs way better because they decided not try load everything at once, but took away the world environment that was in Sims 3. I think its decent, but not much compared to a expanded Sims 3. Might turn out good if they can churn out some good expansions and better mods come out.

Just pirate them and try them out. I mean, people argue whether each one is shittier than the other, but I think its good to give them all a shot.

All the core gameplay is mostly the same, aspirations and shit get changed around though.
>>
>be in high school
>Sims 2 came out
>oh boy oh boy
>play that shit
>make a ideal version of myself in appearance and personality
>get a comfy home
>go stargazing
>get killed by a satellite on the first day
>>
4 is the best. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't actually played 4 for more than a couple hours.
>>
Sims Freeplay may still be out there. It doesn't have all the features of the others, but it isn't terrible by itself, for the price. Of course if you follow the challenges to get the bonuses, you will ruin your neighborhood to the point that you want to delete and start over.
>>
>>342681006
Sims 4 has multitasking, which while subtle is one of the best improvements Maxis has ever made IMO

I get that people are upset the open world is gone in 4 but it ran like absolute garbage. More devs should be willing to scale back gameplay aspects if they flat out don't work.
>>
File: dsffff.jpg (19 KB, 600x705) Image search: [Google]
dsffff.jpg
19 KB, 600x705
>mfw missed out on ea releasing 2 and all of its expansions for free by a week
>>
>>342681635

Yeah, it sucks they had to get rid of it, but it did really make loading times a bitch.

Hopefully when Sims 4 gets all its expansions, it won't take a decade to load.
>>
>>342681848
https://kat.cr/usearch/the%20sims/
>>
>>342681460

4 would be the best if it actually had more of the content comparable to 2 and 3, which is really just a waiting game at this point.

All things considered, 4 made great changes like multitasking, the emotion system (which I really do like much more than just filling a happiness bar) and build mode improvements while keeping a lot of things people wanted in new expansions like businesses and the improved group dynamics.
>>
>>342682327
Exactly. You really shouldn't compare base Sims 4 to Sims 3 with all the expansions.
>>
best stuff pack
>>
>>342682746
It could have been worse?
>>
File: 1457043030687.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457043030687.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
>>342677961
Sims 1 for nostalgia factor
Sims 2 for nostalgia plus improved gameplay
Sims 3 for best gameplay
Sims 4 for fapping to waifus
>>
File: 1466087627701.jpg (92 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
1466087627701.jpg
92 KB, 600x405
>>342682194
god bless. i have almost all of the expansions in physical form but it's such a chore installing them all in the correct order.
>>
>play sims 3 for a while
>can't go back to sims 2 anymore
I wish they optimized the open world shit better in 3 I can't stand loading into different lots anymore
>>
>>342683116
This desu. 1 and 4 aren't worth playing imo. Sims 2 and 3 are both great with all expansions, but it depends how much you care about the open world or not.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.