[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It could've been worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 21
File: bf1.jpg (576 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bf1.jpg
576 KB, 1920x1080
At least DICE hasn't gone completely insane.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/battlefield/news/a799041/female-soldiers-removed-from-battlefield-1/
>>
>>342674790
I have mixed feelings about this

On one hand it is accurate to the time period, and honestly I dont think I'd want to shoot chicks in the face

On the other hand it sounds like they already made the assets/content and not including done content is pretty bullshit. I mean fuck it could be check box in the options menu for all I care, just dont remove it completely
>>
From the thumbnail I thought there was a giant skeleton in the mist and I almost shit my pants at the thought.
>>
>>342675664
Yup. Reminded me of the ghost ship movie poster.
>>
>>342675664
>future nazi skeleton mode
>>
>>342675664
>>342675880
That's exactly what they wanted you to thing.
>>
So how soon will SJWs complain about this?
>>
>>342676008
>>342675956
>>342675880
I know that, but it just ended up making me sad that it's not in the game. First person shooters need more bosses that are more than just cinematic setpieces that you kill with a turret. Not that one would realistically expect giant spooks in BF, but still.
>>
>>342674790

Good, now just do something about the EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER being black. At E3 from the game-play videos, it seemed like every single soldier was black, even the Germans who only let their black soldiers post in colonies.
>>
>>342676256
Exactly. The Germans did have blacks fighting for them, but they were used almost entirely in the colonies. I'm sure there were a handful who found their way onto the Western Front, but gameplay footage so far makes it look like half the German team will be black each time.
>>
Another thread where autists get triggered about women in their vidya. Not even trap threads on /b/ are posted this often.
>>
>>342676256

If we want to be realistic, it should be all or nothing (all white or all white per team) because of segregation.

And they should give us an African colony campaign because it's the most rad:
>artillery from sunken ships
>literally living off the land
>stealing all supplies
>the only German unit to step foot on British soil
>>
>>342676931
I wish. I'm amazed that Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck is talked about so little, considering his exploits.
>>
>>342674790
It's pretty fucking scary that these people are willing to compromise the quality of the final product just so they can feel like they're not excluding people.

If you feel like a video game is excluding you, you need to get your shit together because there is no boogeyman and your effort would be so much better used elsewhere
>>
Why bother? It won't be remotely realistic anyway, may as well have girl soldiers
It's gonna suck
>>
"fuck you"

The professionalism is real.
>>
>>342676765
It's insulting to misrepresent those who died for their country.
>>
>>342677829

this, give us bear cavalry too
>>
File: 1440635687063.jpg (109 KB, 922x940) Image search: [Google]
1440635687063.jpg
109 KB, 922x940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68rlyFFyiSg
>>
If they are going to keep black soldiers for every faction, just go ahead and keep girls too.
>>
>>342677829
True, but having women soldiers charging the trenches would've firmly killed any authenticity this game has, if the automatic weapon spam and speedster tanks haven't done that already.
>>
File: 1291339253888.jpg (6 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
1291339253888.jpg
6 KB, 200x160
>After all, women participated in almost every other aspect of the war effort except front-line combat, why not make a small amendment?
>>
I actually agree with the person in the article. If they gave a shit about WWI realism, the game wouldn't have the weapons and system it does.
>>
>>342675664
>no Battlefield game where Russia opens a portal to hell
>64 vs 64 battles with giant skeleton monsters in the sky and vehicles made of mutated lumps of humans
>>
>>342678868
The person in the article is right for the wrong reasons, so he's still a cunt.
>>
>>342678693

>if the automatic weapon spam and speedster tanks haven't done that already

They have.
>>
>>342676187
I eagerly anticipate the screencaps.
>>
>>342678704
I did a trip take when I read that also.
Like holy fuck we are reaching SJW levels we haven't seen before.
>>
>>342678704
>Women drove ambulances
>Therefore they should be charging trenches and bayoneting everything in sight
>>
>>342675582
>honestly I dont think I'd want to shoot chicks in the face
Really faggot?
>>
>>342674790
She better keep her mouth shut

Her twitter account is just full rant mode, her job is on the line if she doesn't shut up.

"And hey, not the only issue that happens on at DICE. Crunch anyone?
No offense Swedes, but you're overall a very meek and cowardly kind."

https://twitter.com/LiaSae/status/742119687996231680
>>
>>342679707
>No offense Swedes, but you're overall a very meek and cowardly kind.

Imagine.

>"No offense black people, but you're overall a very violent and primitive kind."
>>
>>342679707
Wow, she's really triggered by this.
>>
>>342679707
Allison Rapp gets fired by anonymous for saying kids should be aware of sex at a younger age

This fucking bitch throws a chimpout at MUH FEMALE FRONT LINE TROOPS IN WORLD FUCKING WAR ONE, FUCK THE MEN WHO DIED THEY WERE SHIT AND PROBABLY WHITE and nobody is even bothering to report it

what a fucking world
>>
>>342681572
Welcome to the new age of White guilt
>>
Female nurse class DLC when
>>
File: Laughing Dante.png (130 KB, 274x385) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Dante.png
130 KB, 274x385
>>342679707
>No offense Swedes, but you're overall a very meek and cowardly kind
>>
>game has women and minorites
>/v/ complains its not realistic
>game has women wearing armor thats literally just a bikini
>/v/ defends it because "its just a game and the developers can do whatever they want"

So which is it /v/?
>>
>>342681572
I'm guessing it depends on what level of "literally who" the person is in.
>>
>>342674790
You all know god damn well they only took it out to sell it as DLC later!

It's like you faggots have never heard of EA before.
>>
>>342682367
Fantasy game + unrealistic depictions = ok
Game based on real life events and is grounded in reality + unrealistic depictions = not ok

It's not rocket science kid
>>
>>342682367
Games with bikini armor are almost always fantasy games that never claim to be realistic. BF1 is a game set during one of the most horrific events in human history, so seeing that setting be treated with with respect and not 'muh diversity!" should be expected.
>>
>>342683089
Obviously they chose not to ground the game in reality. Whats your point?
>>
>>342683238
Except they obviously did, retard.
>>
>>342683238
WORLD
WAR
FUCKING
ONE
at least call it not that
>>
>>342683392
Except they didnt since the game has women and minorities... what's so hard to grasp about this?
>>
>>342677871
Murica didn't even join til the very end portion of the war. Germans weren't even the main antagonists. Blacks were hardly around for the major battles. Talk about misrepresentation.
>>
This game clearly isn't meant to be realistic or historically accurate.

With that in mind, it seems strange that they'd remove this one specific fantasy element. Maybe they felt it was just too jarring? I mean, there were hardly any blacks fighting in the situations they're depicted in - but they could have been, they're just as combat capable as whites(see Detroit, modern Africa) where as female frontline soldiers in such a physical war is a tad more unbelievable.
>>
I wish people would focus more on the fact that the games have barely any depth and are total rehashes instead of "muh SJWs". If you're honestly looking forward to this game you're the cancer killing the industry.
>>
>>342683142
I don't see how including diversity is disrespectful since it doesn't actually have any sort of significant impact on the depiction of the historical events.

If you really wanted to "respect" the history, you wouldnt make a fucking video game out of it
>>
>>342676187
There's already a 7+ page thread on NeoGAF accusing DICE of being STUPID for not having female soldiers in a WW1 game
>>
>>342683392
>Battlefield
>Realistic

kys senpai
>>
>>342683553
d e n s e
>>
>>342683553
Except women were never wearing bikinis in trenches during WWI. Nice moving goalpost faggot.
>>
>>342683142
My dude you need to realize it's a video game, and not even a war sim. No one gives a fuck what the real war was like compared to a video game.
>>
>>342683770
The military units were segregated. All-black units were a thing that existed, it's legitimate for DICE to make the game centered around one- even if it is a ploy for SJW brownie points.

As for realism, it's fucking casual console shooter, what are you expecting?

>>342681572
No, Rapp was fired for her second job as an actual camwhore. The pro-pedo statements are just extra damning.
>>
>>342683892
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48
watch this and then tell me that women should experience this
>>
Realism is killing video games.
>>
>>342684083
no GamerGate targeted her and blackmailed Nintendo into unjustly firing her you shitbaby
>>
>>342683995
Never said that, dumb redditor.
>>
>>342684435
"shitbaby" is ageist you misogynist
>>
>After all, women participated in almost every other aspect of the war effort except front-line combat, why not make a small amendment?

Can someone confirm? None of my relatives that fought in WWI were alive at the same time as me, but both my grandfathers fought in WWII (one as a mechanic and later on an artillery squad and the other as a ball-turret gunner in a B-17) and neither of them mentioned having females anywhere near the war effort, even on bases.
>>
>>342684083
Did you even read my post? I said that there were black soldiers and claimed the game wasn't realistic. Also, wasn't Rapp fired for moonlighting as a full on prostitute?
>>
>>342678893
Why can't we have nice things?
>>
>>342683553
You clearly have no idea what "grounded in reality" means.
>>
>>342684251
What the fuck does that have to do with my argument at all? That was such a bad response that I'm honestly concerned about your mental health. Do you have a care taker?
>>
>>342684574
No, i'm on /v/. My reading comprehension is in single digits.
>>
>>342684564
the women made ordinance/munitions and did the work that men had left behind at home.
>>
>>342684539
nice try white male, but women cannot be the source of aggression and negativity
>>
File: madgod.jpg (395 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
madgod.jpg
395 KB, 1680x1050
>>342674790
>To maintain its historical setting

THERE IS A LOT MORE YOUD HAVE TO FIX YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS
>>
>>342678704
What's wrong shitlord? Just because women didn't do the most difficult, soul-crushing, terrifying, dirty, work that comprised the vast majority of the fighting during the war, doesn't mean we have a right to exclude them from being depicted doing it! We wouldn't want little children from it was only the privileged white-males that got to die for their country!

I mean, I don't want women to actually ever do that kind of fighting, but I don't want the men who do do it to get anymore credit or prestige than women do.
>>
>>342675582
>I dont think I'd want to shoot chicks in the face
Thats litterally the one thing i get money for.
>>
>>342684616
You clearly dont, since you actuallu belive video games are "grounded in reality". Its not a historical represention, and almost nothing about this game is accurate. Video games don't resemble reality in any sense, and if you want to complain about it then the skin color and genitals of the in game models should be the least of your worries
>>
>>342684564
there are women only battalions in ww1. like the womens battalion used by russia. not sure if theres any from ww2, but women did fight in ww1, for sure. but people will always scream sjw if women are fighting in a war (even if they did historically) and people will scream gamergate if they get taken out. but bf isnt realistic at all so it shouldnt matter. they talk about maintaining its historical setting but by the end of ww1 the germans had only built 5 tanks. total.
>>
>>342684837
so, a single aspect of the war effort, that was also heavily accompanied by male workers.
>>
>>342684837
Is namco's mini game loading screen contract over? EA could do a mini game on that for loading screens.
>>
>>342684958
What, you supply KFC?
>>
>>342685018
Except the women squads were pretty much a failure and were just a morale project.

It's more sexist to use woman as carrots to get men to fight than to pretend they contributed in the front line.

I find it kind of disgusting how the majority or soldiers who died in the war are being ignored because they shared a skin color and gender with the soldiers that died next to them in service to their country.
>>
>>342684983
Please stop talking about things you don't understand, you absolute shit for brains. Grounded in reality is a term in fiction that refers to things that COULD happen in real life. Not things that DID. You know the difference between "could" and "did", right? Mongoloid.
>>
I don't care if they make everyone a 6'2 ubermensch. I'm not playing your shitty game EA/DICE shills, not after Battlefront.
>>
>>342685040
pretty much
>>
>>342685286
thats true, and I agree, but it was still part of the war. now, I personally dont give a shit, but it would be a nice thing to see, in a campaign maybe? but the campaign is gonna be shit like bf4 im guessing, so I have no hope for that.
>>
>>342685018
of the 5 women's battalions, only 1 was ever deployed, and only 100 members of that battalion. They were stationed in an area where no conflict was expected, but still came under siege and were defeated.

If you're complaining about 5 tanks, you should also complain about 100 women participating in 1 unexpected battle.
>>
>>342685620
There's already a female confirmed in the single player, probably the chick on the horse from the trailer.
>>
>>342685472
Somebody fucking gets it.

They could make everyone blonde, blue-eyed double aryans or everyone fat sassy negresses with ridiculous weaves.

It is going to be a bad VIDEO GAME.
>>
Women or not, this game sounds and looks so shitty and stupid that if you buy it, you fucking deserve everything they shat into it.
>>
>>342685445
NOTHING IN FUCKING GAMES "COULD" HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE. EVERY SINGLE MECHANIC IN BATTLEFIELD DEFIES ANYTHING THAT COULD HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE.

FUCK YOU'RE RETARDED
>>
>>342685620
>>342685639

Ok cool. So lets include the women but have them off on their own in their own squad doing nothing important except maybe be a cocktease or dying. I'm sure both sides would agree to this because its both historically accurate and includes women.
>>
>>342675582
>I dont think I'd want to shoot chicks in the face

what a bizarre thing to say. you want to shoot men in the face?
>>
>>342681572
>Allison Rapp gets fired by anonymous for saying kids should be aware of sex at a younger age
It was more than that nigga, she was straight up saying being attracted to kids shouldnt be a stigma, and she had a second job as an internet camgirl
>>
No. It's removed Female Soldiers from the MULTIPLAYER. Because of BALANCE reasons due to hit boxes.

It has nothing to do with historical reasons. Or realism.

That's why your Harlem Hellfighter skin works, regardless of the soldier nationality you put it on. So enjoy black Australians who are African, not Abbos.
>>
>>342686112
Buying two copies
>>
>>342686112
$.10 has been deposited into your activision correct the record account
>>
>>342685445
So your suspebsion of disbelief extends to cover to the idea of respawning an infinite number of times when you die, but it cant cover the idea that the skin colors are inaccurate? Wtf
>>
>>342686125
Suspension of disbelief is not a binary, it's a sliding scale that the creator(s) have to find the sweet spot for.

Fuck it.

WHERE'S MY GODDAMN ALIENS IN BATTLEFIELD 1 DICE?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>342674790
>The original BF1 pitch given onstage was WW1, with one caveat: "screw realism, we're adding female soldiers, because we're way overdue".

So the game originally was going with one idea.

>I'll sum up the key points.
Turns out BF1 was going for realism after all! Female chars matter but "it's just not the game we're making".

And then they decided to go with something else once parts started falling into place. Rather than accept that as a part of every development cycle ever since the dawn of time, she said:

>I'll repeat what I said then, as unprofessional and rude as it is.
"Fuck you." BF was never realistic and will never be.

Good luck finding a new job then. Getting upset that a game gets changed around in development does not give you the right to tell your employer "fuck you".
>>
>>342674790
ok, women in a ww1 game would have been kinda tonally weird. while comparatively i think you can get by with sneaking a few black people here and there.

too bad the game will be shit cause battlefield so it doesnt matter
>>
>>342681572
Alison was actually fired for having a second job as a prostitute but everyone likes to blame the boogeyman.
>>
Is Verdun any good?
>>
Now just remove niggers and I might buy, nah fuck that Squad here I am. Rising Storm 2 can come to.
>>
>>342674790
reminder that France will be added in future DLC but Americans are in the base game
>>
File: 1463037324347.png (317 KB, 722x800) Image search: [Google]
1463037324347.png
317 KB, 722x800
>wanting realism
>in a modern battlefield game
>>
>>342686465
You're not respawning, you're just switching camera to another soldier.
Anyway, having black people and women wouldn't break the "grounded in reality" rule. No one said it does.
>>
>>342685018

the russian women battalions didnt last, were used as propaganda to humiliate men into enlisting, and were never sent to the frontlines. Women really didnt fight in ww1 beyond a couple of solitary incidents were they werent even supposed to be fighting
>>
Who gives a fuck about female soldiers in the first place, shit didn't matter, it was a fucking fps game about guns and tanks and shit, but people flipped shit about a female being there, kinda like people flipping shit about the black preorder skins in BF1
>>
>>342683142

But it's a video game. Who cares.

Who literally fucking cares.
>>
>>342687238
Literally many people, obviously.
>>
>>342681572
It's not like we can't report it
>>
>>342687238
i do its all i have ;*(
>>
>>342674790
>France is DLC
>Half the players are black

No they are still insane.
>>
>>342687339

No, I watch you niggers throw a hissy fit about any little thing. And none of that shit even matters. Is it going to impact gameplay? No.

>MUH CENSORSHIP
>MUH NIGGERS
>MUH SJWS IN GAMES

You guys are the biggest fucking babies I've ever fucking seen and I can't believe you're posting on 4chan with the thin skin you've got.
>>
you know there's a difference between a realistic setting and realistic gameplay, right?
>>
Now get rid of the black soldiers on the europe forces
>>
i want female soldiers in the game, fuck realistic

the game have shovel and morning star, lets do this
>>
>>342686134
>cocktease or dying
That's where the issue would come up. SJWs would spur the general population to think that's sexist, even though it's fairly accurate.

Now, could women be shown as medics in the trenches? Sure, because that was a thing. However, getting mad at DICE for trying to be realistic in a fucking WW1 game is ridiculous.
>>
>>342687238
Because History should always have an accurate portrayal unless you are going for the Alternate History hook, which they are not
>>
>>342687575
Holy shit, are you actually defending censorship?
>>
>>342686849
>RS 2
>willingly supporting tripwire after Already Dead Floor 2
>>
Did the russians use women in a frontline role in WW1?

OH WAIT THERE IS NO RUSSIA IN BF1 WOOOOWWWWWW
>>
>>342688075

No, I'm just endlessly surprised by your fucking inane crying about your lack of T&A in video games. Nintendo's fucking retarded about their brand and their tits. This is nothing new. Get over it.

>>342688010

Except that's not true. It's a video game. It's not a fucking text book.
>>
>>342688183
and no france
>>
>>342688331
>braindead normies dont read history
>braindead normies play vidya
>braindead libs rewrite history with vidya

do you not see any problem with this?
>>
>>342687846
>the game has actual melee weapons used in ww1, fuck realism!

kys
>>
>>342674790
>fuck you boss
>no females because only dudes play

today on things that never happened
>>
>>342688183
>tfw qt female Russian snipers in WW2
>>
>>342688331
>it's a video game

What a shit excuse, certain mediums don't get a pass for half assing or adding their own shitty ideas into a History setting and still calling it accurate
>>
File: Screenshot (221).png (17 KB, 624x88) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (221).png
17 KB, 624x88
here is a thing for everyone to be mad at
>>
File: dva.jpg (44 KB, 411x423) Image search: [Google]
dva.jpg
44 KB, 411x423
>>342688479

If you're seriously learning your history from a fucking video game you've got problems, kid

>>342688703

>Battlefield
>historically accurate
>ever
>a video game to boot
>>
>>342688331
Video games, like books, are a medium that is used to transmit information

You run the risk of revisionism if you make a WW1 game and have German black women running around firing automatics while tanks are going 20mphs and Brits are flying Falkers and defending their Zeppelin all while the biggest faction of the war is missing from multiplayer, hidden behind a DLC wall.

Rip France
>>
>>342688864
>throwing away the point for ad hominem
>smug anime face

14 year old detected. MODS
>>
>>342688812
Nah, XCOM is a game with crazy space guns and short-ass missions. Female soldiers are fine there.
>>
File: GoT1.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GoT1.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Fuck it. They might as well considering the fucking gameplay.

All it is is a BF4/Battlefront clone with a WWIlite gimmick slapped on. Fuck EA and DICE.
>>
>>342684391
There is a difference between realism and authenticity

A lot more people are asking for more respect for the era and event rather than making it a sim
>>
File: 1447537849522.gif (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447537849522.gif
32 KB, 250x250
>>342688864
Taking words from my post and making them green with an anime image is shitposting

and shitposting is illegal

>>342689038
The guy is saying that there are female soldiers in XCOM so there should be ones in BF1
>>
>>342688183
The game takes place in 1917, of course there will be no Russians.
>>
>>342688868

>Video games, like books, are a medium that is used to transmit information
>video games

Nobody is getting their history lessons from Battle-fucking-field. It's Battlefield. I wonder if WW1 pilots jumped out of their planes to net headshots, then jump back into them in mid-air.

They didn't do those things. Because I read history books. And live in reality. I play fake, fun shit because games are meant to be fun, entertaining fake shit.

'Realism' is fine. Bitching about games being some kind of... historical archive for research and education (BATTLE-FUCKING FIELD???) is retarded. You guys are stretching super hard just to justify your fucking strong-crying about women and blacks being in a fucking WW1 in which the laws of physics won't even fucking adhere to anything possible in reality in the first place.
>>
File: 1365729877806.jpg (115 KB, 591x530) Image search: [Google]
1365729877806.jpg
115 KB, 591x530
http://www.military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness-requirements/army-basic-training-pft

>females
>soldiers

Pick one.
>>
>>342689075
Looks like he almost stabbed his horse in the nose there.
>>
>>342689383
You would be surprised in how many people's first experience of WW2 was with videogames.
>>
Battlefield 1 is basically just a modern war game with a very thin coat of ww1 paint slapped on. I don't really care if they add women or not, but the fact that they claimed they didn't due to "historical accuracy" is just bullshit.

I got so excited when I heard a new WW1 game was being made, but it looks absolutely nothing like WW1. Are there any games out there that actually have trench warfare, artillery strikes, and shitty tanks?
>>
>>342689514

So developers should now be responsible for ensuring their period piece games are historically accurate because people are too dumb to recognize that video games aren't textbooks

So how long have you been fighting this fight, anon, because this shit is nothing new
>>
>>342678893
>If Doom was a Battlefield game
>>
>>342674790
>digitalspy
>>
>>342675582
>and honestly I dont think I'd want to shoot chicks in the face
Pussy
>>
File: 1461454144792.jpg (14 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1461454144792.jpg
14 KB, 342x245
>>342678704
Literally trying to rewrite history embellishing women's involvement in important events just to be make women today feel better about themselves.
Why?
>>
>>342689383
>You guys are stretching super hard
>replying 10+ times about "ITS JUST VIDYA GAYMEZ GUIZZZ"

Also go fuck yourself. If the devs want to do a historical approach rather than ahistorical, then that is their decision to make.
>>
>>342686205
It's actual a biological imperitive you feel uneasy about shooting woman in the face. In fact if you feel nothing you are chemically imbalanced. You may be self aware enough to know it is a video game. but the chemical process in your brain isn't
>>
>>342689383
>Nobody is getting their history lessons from Battle-fucking-field
Surely my little anon can't be this naiive, my first exposure to european history was age of empires 2, kids these days first exposure to WW1 is now going to be battlefield.
>>
>>342686205
Call me a white knight but personally not a fan of killing women in videogames.
>>
>>342674790
>implying it won't be DLC
>>
>>342689596
>We should just let people be retards! No sense stopping that!

t. already established retard
>>
>>342689581
Not many, unfortunately. Verdun has trench warfare and artillery, but no tanks. You could try the Red Orchestra series out, though.
>>
>>342689802

Was your school your mom's garage
>>
>>342688864
um... what? i don't.

did you even read the post?

what.

just.

what.
>>
>>342674790
>a game developer actually listening to the community and not sjw cuckfaggotry

glorious
>>
>I want to play as a woman in the worst war in history and kill the patriarchy oh shit I died by a quickscope m98b DLC weapon I bet the racists bigots did this

I really don't fucking understand these people.
>>
>>342689941
Not everybody lives in europe anon, kids also don't give a shit if its not video games.
>>
>>342689383
More people are mad about the focus of automatics in WW1 than they are about blacks being in the game.

There were black soldiers on both sides. Did they see use in the Western front? No, not really.

But all of the automatics the game has, (some of the semi autos have versions that are full autos as well) is fucking insane for a WW1 game and really, BF1 should be renamed Secret Weapons of World War 1

>>342689596
To an extent, yes, they should. History is a very important aspect of humanity, games like COD before 4 always had a sort of historical semblance in what happened during their games, and made sure to have historical ad visors help out

It kinda goes in the line of Saving Private Ryan

It is a great WW2 movie if you only watch the D-Day landing. But after that it goes full on fantasy in what happened during the event that took place (In reality, the protag was actually found a couple days after D-Day and escorted from his group back to England. Some of his buddies were so surprised by this they thought he had lost his will to fight or was scared by combat.)
>>
Daily reminder the Battleshit series has never aimed for being realistic. There's a reason why mods like Forgotten Hope and Project Reality exist.
>>
1st of all) EA shills here all the time with stealth marketing threads

2) Reading just a few replies it is clear as day that there are many paid shills in this thread right now working for some sort of marketing company

The vast majority of all people playing games do not give that much of a crap about the making of a game. People just want to get their hands on the game. They don't critique every single detail of a game.

All of this "we are taking the women out" nonsense is just EA's clever marketing tactic of getting the word out more on Battlefield 1. Of course the majority of /v/ are a bunch of retarded losers anyways that got their asses literally gaped by former board owner Moot and his SJW crusaders during the days of GG.

Point is this shit is a non issue and nobody should care what SJW-EA does about anything. If anything Females in a shooter game are cheap since they would have smaller hitboxes.
>>
>>342689927
I don't actually care too much about the tanks to be honest. I just mainly didn't want overpowered modern tanks. I've never played verdun so I'll have to check it out, thanks for the rec.
>>
>>342690023
Also I forgot to add
>not making a single fucking option in the options menu to display to display the "Dice" version of WWI or the real version of WWI

It's literally
ONE
FUCKING
CLICK
to make everyone happy

ONE MOTHERFUCKING CLICK
>>
>>342689769
>Literally trying to rewrite history embellishing women's involvement in important events just to be make women today feel better about themselves.

It's not even like women weren't important during the great wars. They often took over manual labor and other extremely valuable positions back home, as well as being nurses in or near the front lines. My grandpa (and my dad and therefore me) wouldn't be alive if a nurse didn't attend to him following his stay at a POW camp.
>>
>>342690105

>most people mad about autos

literally every thread i see on /v/ is about niggers being in bf1

>>342690105

ok but movies are all about the narrative. some games can be educational, certainly, but fucking battlefield? really.

you guys are going to complain that battlefield isn't a historically accurate educational piece and that it not being educational/historically acurate is detrimental to children

ok
>>
>>342675664
delet
>>
>>342690105
>Some of his buddies were so surprised by this they thought he had lost his will to fight or was scared by combat.
I'd like to see the remake with that. A guy making his way back home via England getting ostracized because people think he's a coward.
>>
>>342690125
Realistic =/= authentic

The problem that DICE is running into is that for the first time in a long time, their game is actually based in a past event that was highly documented. The stuff they did do, like put Jackhammers in BF2, really can't fly in BF1.
>>
>>342690023
They don't even like video games, they just want to ruin everything because it makes them feel better about their useless selves
>>
I mean with what we have going right now with that game we might as well make that jump.

Honestly, i just want to mess a bit with Armored Trains because they fascinate me and thats that for me.
>>
>>342674790
Battlefield 1 is a ww2 shooter disguised as a ww1 shooter.

They tried to make germany seem like nazi's that hate niggers and jews but they forget ww1 had very little to do with racism or anything like that.

MW looked 100000x better honestly.
>>
>>342689781
My brain knows it's looking at pixels, forming an image on a screen. It's not real.
>>
>>342690337
>educational,
Nothing to do with being educational, more like having a solid foundation based on soft historical accuracy
>>
>Removes females
I think I might buy this game after all
>>
>millions of men suffer and die
>"we should pretend millions of women died too"
>>
>>342690676
The problem with armored trains was that the tracks could be destroyed at both ends, essentially trapping an extremely valuable piece of machinery in enemy territory. The opposing force then wouldn't even have to fight it, just stay out of range and wait for the war to end.
>>
>>342689781
I would feel uneasy about shooting anyone in the face. This is a video game though and I feel nothing. I would gleefully blow a woman's head off with a trench gun or do one of those bayonet takedowns from the trailer. Its not real dude. Go outside and interact with real humans if you feel any sort of attachment or empathy for what is happening in your videogames.
>>
>>342674790
what a stupid unprofessional bitch
fuck her, shit would be disrespectful as fuck to all the men who died in WWI
>>
for all you faggles defending dice about the women and black people fighting in ww2 think about this

>new civil war game comes out
>its mexicans vs asians because 1 member of each group fought in it

this is how fucking dumb battlefield 1 is. hmm, really makes you think...
>>
>>342690734
Theres a difference between
>I don't mind killing women in video games, I know they aren't real
And
>I'm buying this game specifically to kill the women in it
>>
>>342691040
>for all you faggles defending dice about the women and black people fighting in ww2 think about this
Game is about WW1, not WW2
>>
>>342691040
meant ww1

also
>there is an entire tranny brigade because why not!?
>>
>>342690987
>I would feel uneasy about shooting anyone in the face. This is a video game though and I feel nothing.
As someone who has actually shot people in the face, at the moment you feel nothing much like a video game. Only difference is the nightmare don't ever really stop.
I've had to started wear a mouth guard in my sleep because whenever I have nightmare my teeth grind really hard.
>>
File: 1466346353506.png (358 KB, 1886x718) Image search: [Google]
1466346353506.png
358 KB, 1886x718
>>342690886
>>
>>342683719
>Germans weren't even the main antagonists
I know you're baiting but come on
>>
>>342691019
Too bad their all dead and can't complain
May they rot in their sexist graves :^)
>>
>>342691194
I like to think the ottomans were the main antagonist because we had to stop the tide of roaches from spreading into europe proper
>>
You guys remember when Assassins Creed 3 didn't even portray the slaves correctly?

Video games aren't meant to be historically accurate.
>>
File: Russian Anti-Air Armored Train.png (384 KB, 800x499) Image search: [Google]
Russian Anti-Air Armored Train.png
384 KB, 800x499
>>342690903
I know

This is part of the reason i think they're fascinating.

I mean its just funny how all the BEHEMOTHS in this game(The Zeppelin, the Battleship and the Armored Train) are actually pretty inneficient. The armored trains less so as the Polish and the Soviet ran a pretty competent force with them, but we all know the failures of the Battleships and the Zeppelin Bombers at the end were only a mild incovenience for the british
>>
>>342691040
>forgetting about the african front

of course black people fought in ww1, you fucking retard
>>
>>342691174
Well damn, God bless you dude. Hope those murders were for the greater good and not just capping random women in the face for fun. Sleep easy homie
>>
>>342691040
I get what are you saying it but there were actually full armies of black people fighting in the war.
>>
You guys care about stupid shit too much.
>>
File: 640_tank-halt.jpg (33 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
640_tank-halt.jpg
33 KB, 640x427
>>342690676
are there any good tactical/strategic games set in the WW1/WW2 on the PC?

Ideally I would want something where you control smaller squads with tactical gameplay but grand strategies will do as well.
>>
>>342691040
I'd play the shit out of an Aztecs vs Samurai game.
>>
>>342691174
>As someone who has actually shot people in the face,
can I get the story?
>>
File: 107705.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
107705.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Can you imagine if there was a game about the Black Panther and their campaigning during the 60's? We would be playing as a white man, obviously.

Because remember, because there's literally one person(minority) in an affiliation or event, that means that have to be represented as God!

I can't wait to fight as a straight white male for the freedom of blacks in America :)
>>
File: file.png (405 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
file.png
405 KB, 580x326
>>342691414
>>342690903
https://www.reddit
com/r/AskHistorians/comments/28gr18/what_is_the_point_of_armored_trains/

Forgive me the reddit link, but heres a very well researched post about the effectivety of Armored Trains in history. I'd say theywere the most effective member of the so called Behemoth vehicles

>>342691689
Well theres RTSs like Company of Heroes
Also i've never played but look into the Panzer General games
>>
>>342691414
>Assassins Creed 3
We were pretty convinced that bigger = better during those decades. This even continued into WW2; the Germans built super heavy tanks that would sink into the mud 60%+ of the time.
>>
>>342692005
You would have a point if there really was just one.
>>
>we're taking some retard on twitter's word for it
>digitalspy

ok
>>
>because we're way overdue

and we are the ones people call entitled
>>
>>342692169
Ignore that greentext
>>
>>342689357
Yeah but theres niggers fighting for Germany in Europe. So obviously we can't have Russians or the French or any cool aliens
>>
>>342691040
Black people did fight in WW1 though

Why the fuck are you people throwing a bitchfit over a Battlefield game being historically inaccurate? Don't we have Arma for realism and accuracy? Why won't you go bother those autists instead of complaining that the newest entry in a series that's never been historically accurate isn't historically accurate?
>>
>>342692845
>Black people did fight in WW1 though
Fought as in raped random people. Black people waited for White people to win fights so that they could go on uninterrupted rape rampages through every captured town. Theyve doning this in every single war theyve been included in since they were discovered.

ww1+ww2 examples:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhineland_Bastard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_occupation_of_the_Rhineland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegalese_Tirailleurs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marocchinate
>>
>>342693971
>Fought as in raped random people

No, "fought" as in "fought".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)
>>
>>342690886
Don't forget niggers.
>>
>>342675664
i don't think they thought about it but it'd be really cool and make a good cover if the zeppelin looked a bit like a huge skull
>>
>>342674790
>they fucked me in the ass but at least they used lube
>>
>>342678704
who are you quoting
>>
>trying this hard to rationalize your irrational hatred of women
Just be like me and admit that you're a misogynist
>>
>>342678893
Try Necrovision.
>>
Could the game just be modded to fix the skin color for multiplayer since they're gonna fuck that up.
>>
>>342676931
>>342677438
kicking ass with Vorbeck would be an awesome game
>>
>>342696960
Necrovision and that arcade game series where you shoot skeletons. It was either ww1 or 2 based.
>>
>>342690987
Do you really think your ability to "gleefully" dismember someone in mortal kombat is 100% dissociation?

To each their own, but to imply that every 'normal' person should be able to stomach guro and carnage like you do is a laughable assumption.
>>
>>342674790
Can you imagine the cunthurt from feminazis oh wait, different war if they find out women have been taken out of a game because of historical accuracy?

>muh equality
>muh stronk independent wimmin
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.