[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nobodys talking about this game. is it really that bad? worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
nobodys talking about this game. is it really that bad?

worth a pirate at least?
>>
1. Good luck finding a working pirate copy
2. It's mediocre

It falls into the trap of having things that sound good in theory (open world for a freeform movement system, melee combat only etc) but also makes us realize that the first game didn't really need more expansion beyond maybe a course creator. The gameplay is alright, but everything else is either dredged up from the first game or done worse.

There's still barely any kind of argument as to why the runners are the good guys or why the government is truly evil.
>>
>>342673137

damn. i actually had high hopes for this one
>>
>>342673362

That's just it, there's a glimmer of decency in it, but it just doesn't have the spark anymore. Funny enough, Dying Light managed to do what MEC set out to do better, with the only major missing component being the wallrun.
>>
>>342672452
you can't even pirate it, so we can't even tell you.
>>
It's like 6/10. Still fun, but not amazing.

The main things:
>mechanics are still good
>time trials can be hard and enjoyable
>some areas look like shit, others look great
>if you're just looking for time trials and obstacle runs, the open world is perfect as it enhances this
>you have to unlock all of your moves which sucks
>because moves are locked and it's open world, some areas are locked at first which sucks, but it's not a big issue
>Faith is fucking hot (looks nothing like that OP pic)
>story is meh but not bad, it gets more shit than it deserves
>>
I rented it earlier this week, wasnt too bad. Voice acting was pretty trash, and I did not like the story at all.

However, running in an open world felt great when you really dial it in. It feels like what the design team was trying to go for concept wise.

Instead of memorized runs, the game becomes a lot more reactionary for movement. Runner vision helps, but the default vision gives you an annoying red line that takes up a lot of the screen. It deters from finding and experimenting with new paths.

I enjoyed it, the gameplay felt great, and I loved the set pieces and art for the game. Shame that the other aspects of the game are lacking.
>>
>>342673951
>you can't even pirate it

well shit
>make game hard as fuck to pirate
>less people talk about it
>game ends up selling less

i bet theyre gonna blame pirates for low sales

>>342674104
i guess ill wait till a pirated copy works or it hits ~15 bucks on steam

is it even on steam?
>>
File: 1422645506994.png (580 KB, 513x732) Image search: [Google]
1422645506994.png
580 KB, 513x732
>>342673137

>There's still barely any kind of argument as to why the runners are the good guys or why the government is truly evil.

It's because they're all rich. Rich people are always evil. Fuck da establishment ;)
>>
EA is trying to steal our money.

No one played it because it's protected by a huge encryption.
>>
>>342672452
its out? I guess thats what denovo does to your game
>>
>>342674356
All EA games have been off steam since 2011.

They're Origin exclusive.
>>
>>342672452
not even worth a pirate. its comically bad. but thats what happens when you hire people from tumblr. mass effect will be the same.
>>
>>342674762
>but thats what happens when you hire people from tumblr
lolwat
>>
>>342674356
How are they going to blame pirates if you can't even pirate it

>in b4 lets start blaming keyshops
>or blaming consumers for not giving me my money!!! :(
>>
>>342675175
>blaming consumers for not giving me my money

they already did that
>>
File: Untitled.png (667 KB, 774x444) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
667 KB, 774x444
Anita's other game is better.
>>
>>342673137
>There's still barely any kind of argument as to why the runners are the good guys or why the government is truly evil.
Are you stupid. You are automatically a good guy by going against big brother.
>>
>>342673137
>>342675554
Faith's parents were activist leaders that were killed on the streets by the police. A logical argument isn't really needed since you play as her.
>>
>>342672452
1. forced combat
2. open world
3. skill unlocks
4. inferior aesthetic
denuvo should probably keep you from pirating it
it's probably failed badly enough you'll be able to get cheap retail copies by the end of the year though
>>
File: 1466552516944.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466552516944.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>342676545
>kaythebae20

Can I be your bae?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.