[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>download Legends of Mana and Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 46574586456.png (549 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
46574586456.png
549 KB, 852x480
>two of my most favorite PSone titles as a little one
>controls are utter ass in a can 3 weeks past sell by date
>almost no complexity or 19 layers of "complexity" that is never really explained so it is throwing damage at a problem
>slow and infuriating unresponsive
>games are clunky as hell with no real direction or rhyme and feels like an incomplete homework assignment

Well that is a nice wet log of shit in my nostalgia

Games are only good in hindsight
>>
>>342671129
Try playing an older game that you didn't get around to instead.

I just played Parasite Eve 2 for the first time and it was God Tier. Like I devoured it in one sitting, pretty much, and I hate modern games.
>>
>>342671129
>Download

Unless you're using a PS1 controller then you don't have a right to say the controls suck.
>>
>>342671129

Goldeneye.

Serioulsy, it may have been genre-defining at the time, but having that second analog stick in modern shooters just makes Goldeneye look like garbage.

Source: My friend and I tried to play it a year ago. We should have just let the nostalgia be.
>>
>>342671129
>Games are only good in hindsight
nah, you just turned into a lazy casual, where it doesn't matter if the game is mediocre as long the controls are polished and the game is accessible across all levels.
>>
File: 6563656.jpg (32 KB, 411x309) Image search: [Google]
6563656.jpg
32 KB, 411x309
>>342672034
>as long the controls are polished and the game is accessible across all levels.
My entire point is these older PSone games are neither.
>>
>>342672145
>My entire point is these older PSone games are neither.
but all you did is complain about the controls
and then say
>Games are only good in hindsight
>>
>>342672625
You just said older games are good if the controls are polished.

They
are
not
>>
>>342673074
>You just said older games are good if the controls are polished.
no, I was talking about common attitudes today in games.
>>
>>342673459
oh... well I don't like you
>>
>>342671129
>two of my most favorite PSone titles as a little one
holy shit are you me

I had Legend of Mana music stuck in my head all day since I woke up and I haven't even touched that game since a year or two after PS2 came out.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.