[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, North Americans, do you have a physical copy of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 188x269
So, North Americans, do you have a physical copy of this game? What other Wii U games are you trying to get physical copies of before prices skyrocket?

Game collecting general.
>>
>>342670968
this, And Rodea are the only ones I need to round out my collection
>>
>>342670968
>Le I collect them because their price will increase meme

You aren't going to sell them so why the fuck you fucks care?
>>
File: 1437858018852.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1437858018852.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>342670968
>WiiU games
>prices increasing
>>
DEVILS THIRD MORE LIKE EBIN TURD AMIRITE?
>>
File: Marich.jpg (684 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Marich.jpg
684 KB, 5000x5000
>>342670968
>buying shit games for the "collection" aspect
>>
>>342671571
>Saturn games
>prices increasing
>>
>>342671475
Because, as awesome as Dolphin is, i have no idea if the same thing will even be possible with Wii U in the future and I'd rather get it now for $40 off Amazon than pay $200 down the road like what happened with Cubivore on GameCube (not that I paid that, but the price on that game is absurd and this could end up being that level of rarity).
>>
>>342670968
I have every single Wii U game that interests me. Because of the console's limited library it is the only one that I feel I have all of the best games.

Rip Wii U.
>>
>>342671748
There aren't any shit Saturn games worth money, kid.
>>
>>342671842
Panzer Dragoon Saga is fucking terrible.
>>
>>342671571
Can't tell if bait or just stupid. Obviously low print games especially on the less popular systems will go up in value. That's how collecting everything, not just video games, works dingus.
>>
>>342671967
How young and dumb are you?

PDS is the only game on the generation that can compete and surpass the SquareSoft games.
>>
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/06/23/nintendo-discontinuing-devils-third-online-multiplayer
>online multiplayer for the Wii U action game will no longer be available starting December 28, and Golden Eggs will be unavailable for purchase starting June 27 at 9am PT.
>online multiplayer already shutting down
lmao

truly a turd af game
>>
>>342670968
I never heard of that series. Were the first to any good? I heard the third one was shit.
>>
>>342671246
Rodea is super cheap now, I've seen copies on Amazon for $20. No idea if that's the version that comes with a Wii copy too though. I'm not all that interested in Rodea though, the gameplay seemed OK but the art style just bothered the piss out of me.
>>
>>342671782
even with dolphin game prices on some wii games are crazy freaking dokapon kingdom is like 100 bucks now and fire emblem is going up too.
>>
>>342672591
Unless you're part of the wii waggle generation, it's trash. Really bad. Don't buy it thinking it's like NiGHTS. It's not.
>>
>>342672365
I'm really only getting it for the silly over the top single player anyway. And since the PC version is Multi-player only, unless they decide to bring it to NX or do something to remaster it, this will be the only way to play it in the future.
>>
>>342672775
I actually was thinking it looked sorta like NiGHTS. Well that's a bummer. I heard the Wii version is THE version to play too. Well whatever, I wasn't all that interested in it anyway. Yuji Naka can't make a game to save his life I swear.
>>
>>342672738
Yeah...Path of Radiance is on my "if I win the lottery I'll buy this" list of games. And that's a FIRST PARTY title. Weirdest shot. Some of yall will laugh, but Wii U is gonna be the system you regret not getting some of the more obscure titles while you can.
>>
>>342672130
>"How young and dumb are you?"
>Proceeds to suck off Square when games like Devil Summoner/Soul Hackers, Brigandine, Suikoden II, Ogre Battle 64, and Star Ocean 2 were shitting all over Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Final Fantasy 8.

Please get the fuck out of here, casual.
>>
>>342673131
Don't listen to that anon, it's a perfectly fun game.
>>
>>342672365
Still wish that the PC version came out sooner (IT'S JUST NOW FUCKING COMING OUT IN JAPAN AND THE LIKE), was cross-platform, and the servers weren't set to a single region.

The multiplayer was really good, but it died as soon as the events and new modes stopped getting added.
>>
>>342670968
>paying for Devil's Third
lel, that game sucks. I played it through Loadiine and it's really not worth anyone's time
>>
>>342670968
I've managed to get basically everything I want except for Captain Toad. Even Gianna Sisters, and that was a hard one to track down (though it seems to be more common now than when I was looking for it).

The real question is Do you think the physical version of Mighty Blunder #9 will be rare?
>>
>>342670968
What, all 4 of them?

>>342671246
Do NOT buy rodea wii-U anon, its a buiggy glitched up mess. get the wii version.
>>
>>342675087
Best Buy sells the bundle for $20 last I knew.

The fact that the only good version of Rodea is available through some fucking loophole is all sorts of retarded.
>>
Seriously, what the fuck happened here? Did Itagaki go crazy?
>>
>>342673428
Can you name The most obscure ones? I have The time and money to hunt them now.
>>
>>342675216
Well they did port the 3DS version to the wii instead of you know, porting the Wii version to the WiiU.
>>
Only a handful of wii-U games are even worth owning though.

>Splatoon
>DK: Tropical Freeze
>Wonderful 101
>Bayonetta 2
>3D Mario world I guess...?
>>
>>342673428
Except none of the obscure Wii U titles are actually good. Fatal Frame might be the only one but that only got a digital release in NA
>>
File: ss.jpg (97 KB, 987x509) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
97 KB, 987x509
Stuff like this is why I often pick up Nintendo's games as they go.
>>
>>342675242
Game is in development for around...five-six years, goes through a few different engines, under a few different publishers. Finds itself on Nintendo's lap, meaning OH HEY WE NEED TO USE UNREAL ENGINE ON THE WIIU, SINCE THE ENGINE WE WERE USING BEFORE IS OWNED BY A DEAD COMPANY.

You can see every fucking good thing they did in the game, but it's then covered and buried by bad graphics (for the most part) and a very inconsistent framerate. It's budget, which is depressing, because if it actually had a decent sized budget, it probably would be better.
>>
>>342675681
buy a reprint from gamestop, they're $30 now
>>
>>342675995
Fuck buying from Gamestop. I already own it anyways. Just saying, I can never trust Nintendo keep stuff in stock. Like Kid Icarus I think for awhile sold like over a million copies and they didn't bother printing anymore for whatever reason. Same with Ocarina. They work in mysterious ways.
>>
>>342675854
I've played about half the game and I don't see what's good about the game at all. The shooting is easy and garbage, the action is easy and garbage, and then every once and a while they throw in a melee enemy who runs up to you and kills you in one combo so they can pretend the game is difficult and not a boring piece of shit
>>
>>342676294
Funny thing about OoT3D. It got reprinted around Christmas time last year, with it's original box. $40. You can tell it's a reprint because it has zero Club Nintendo pamphlet.

TWO MONTHS LATER, IT GET'S A NINTENDO SELECT RELEASE.
>>
>>342670968
Will Cookie Monster recover from this? I'd really like to see him do what Kamiya did with Bayo and just make not-Ninja Gaiden, but how likely is that?
>>
>>342670968
More like Devil's Turd.
>>
>>342670968
How on earth could they think that box art looked good?
>>
File: shelf2.jpg (142 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
shelf2.jpg
142 KB, 600x800
>Collecting for the sake of collecting

Literally why. Only collect games you actually like/play, and resell the ones that didnt appeal to you. No reason in hoarding huge amounts of games you'll never touch again.

If a game has replayability and I find a reason to replay it enough times and enjoy it, it stays. But to just collect random crap and let it sit there is just wrong.
>>
>>342675995
the version with bayo 1 got a reprint for GS? or just bayo 2?
>>
You know when the game was first revealed I was kind of looking forward to it. It seemed like a No More Heroes style camp sleazefest. Then I saw an LP of it and found out that it actually took itself seriously.
>>
>>342677404
just bayo 2
>>
>>342677404
Probably 2. They reprinted 2 because muh Smash advertisement for people to run out to get it.
>>
>>342670968
>>342671246
I picked up Rodea last month when Best Buy had it on sale, otherwise I generally don't go out of my way to collect items. My purple 3DS might end up being one of my rarer items- it was released after the 3DSXL had been announced, but Kingdom Hearts 3D came out a month before the XLs, so I needed something to play it on.

I also have the first edition NA Xenoblade, but I never figured out what that reprint Gamestop situation ended up as, so that may or may not be considered "collectable."
>>
>>342677117
tell that to internet youtube faggot kcgamenerd or whatever his fucking name is.

has an entire wii and wii u collection, but for WHAT fucking reason? the wii is shit save for like MAYBE 20 games, same with wii u, but 10 games.
>>
>>342677481
>>342677553

ive seen 2 copies of bayo 2 w/bayo 1 at my GS
are they really expensive? ill grab them and sell them 50% the amazon price.
>>
I regret buying pre owned. I bought two Wii u games online and one of them came in a Nintendo selects box and the other was a generic case.
>>
>>342677808
>Buying online

Go into the store.

Preowned is always better price wise, and if you're in store you can demand the case. They can't tell you no, even if its a display copy.

Its how I get all my cases and manuals.
>>
>>342677557
The purple 3DS isn't actually rare, there's no way. I got one too
>>
>>342677117
>De blob, Deadly creatures, and Epic mickey
>Not trash
>>
>>342678076
I have no idea, just assuming, so I'll take your word for it. Regardless, the thing has always looked awesome- a great shiny shade of purple. I haven't used it since getting a New3DS though, so it needs to be hacked and used again.
>>
>>342677974
I would if there were any pre owned copies nearby and I sure as fuck wasn't gonna pay full price of digital I'll just buy the case later on
>>
>>342678289
They aren't.

De blob is an awesome fun little platformer that I greatly enjoyed. (Mine is a crafted 2 Disc case, so its got Deblob 2 in it too) But De blob has a history with me, because I actually got to beta test it with a focus group when I was a teen. So I wanted a copy myself afterwards.

Deadly creatures is special to me because I love spiders, and its one of a few games out there I get to play as a spider and beat up other arachnids. its more of a guilty pleasure.

Epic mickey is actually a really good game, and fills my niche for classic disneyin the same way Castle of illusion does (On my Sega shelf adjacent) So its fun to play. plus the two routes gives it some good replayability, must've played it 5 times since launch now.
>>
>>342678373
I just can't imagine it being rare, since I bought mine refurbished direct from Nintendo for $100 a long time ago and never thought anything of it. I guess we'll find out ten years from now.
>>
>>342678696
Honestly in my experience how much one likes Epic Mickey depends greatly on how much one liked the N64 Platformers of Rare and Nintendo.
>>
>>342678696
Deadly Creatures would have been an outright classic had it had a bigger budget.
>>
So I take it Itagaki's career is dead.
>>
>>342679771
He's burned a lot of bridges over the years (He's an oddball even by creative standards, and a bit of a prick apparently) and probably didn't earn himself many friends with how much he was spouting off during Devil's Third promotion.
>>
>>342672365
How long until the hacking community comes up with a private server?
>>
>>342680831
maybe never because nobody gives a shit
>>
Some games will increase in price, but u guarantee you Devils Third won't. It's not some hidden gem like God Hand or 90% of the OG Xbox library.

It's a shitty action game with bad gameplay.
>>
I've got a mostly complete Wii U collection. I'd like Devil's Third and maybe Super Luigi U. I've got the rest of the big hitters. Skipping #Idolshit with pride.
>>
File: 1466134661168.jpg (155 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
1466134661168.jpg
155 KB, 600x840
>>342681235
>Skipping a FE game.

Did you not learned something with GC/Wii FE games? They don't sell on consoles but they get expensive as fuck with time.
>>
>>342682325
it's not an FE game
>>
>>342671748
I fucking wish saturn bomberman wasn't expensive.
>>
>>342682325
Why would I want to own a game I'll never ever want to play? It's a brainless easy mode JRPG that panders to the most cancerous and uninteresting part of Japanese culture. It's a fucking travesty.

Didn't you catch the part where I said I'm proudly not buying it?
>>
>>342682325
The #FE Special Edition (as shitty as it is) will be cheap in a few months just like the Xenoblade SE was.
>>
>>342674362
this
>>
Already bought most of the Wii U games I would expect to go up (picking up my #FE preorder tomorrow). Though I still need to get Wonderful 101. Is it expensive?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.