[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you even play this with a friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: darksoulsprepare[1].jpg (67 KB, 616x346) Image search: [Google]
darksoulsprepare[1].jpg
67 KB, 616x346
How do you even play this with a friend?
>>
>>342664274
a couch and snacks, you play, you die, then he plays, he dies, and so on.... only works if you two sucks a little.

or i dont know, the fucking multiplayer.
>>
>>342664515
That sounds fun, but I mean, how do you make sure to always be able to summon your friends
>>
>>342664274
>Place summon sign
>Do the area in your friend's world
>He goes back and places a summon sign
>Do it in your world
To be honest this is my biggest complaint with the series, not even joking. I wish the game would just have a normal co-op system that didn't require doing the same areas 2 to 4 times depending on how many people you're playing with.

Of course, you could always only do each area in a single person's world or just do the bosses on co-op but that's also shitty.
>>
>>342664782
wulf's connectivity mod
Use the same channel and wait for nodes to build
>>
>>342664274
summon him at oolacile and stunlock red signs as they spawn like the big faggots you are
>>
>>342664809
I was thinking fo ways a game like this could do multiplayer without summoning nd you could do the destiny approach when alone but allow password matchmaking to play with friends

Or you could just have some simple matchmaking system where you can create parties with an lfg tool or friends
>>
File: WELLWHATISIT.jpg (87 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
WELLWHATISIT.jpg
87 KB, 500x500
>>342666267
I like how you think anon
>>
>>342664782
>>342666108
You dont need to wait for shit. You can just put in their SteamID to instantly force them to connect to you. You can recompile the mod pretty easily to allow 1-2 nodes max. This + not connecting to the public character list will minimize chance of people annoying you by summoning you or invading you.

After this it is a matter of knowing the rules (level range, needing soapstone, area bosses cant be dead for host, area specific rules)
>>
>>342666108
>>342666797
This sounds helpful. Gonna check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>342664809
I kind of like the risk of it, fits the game well.
>>
I don't, because I don't play it alone either.
>>
>>342664274

You're not supposed to you dipshit, it's supposed to be about feeling isolated and shit not brotaging it up.
>>
>>342664274
Co-op in dark souls is dumb because anyone who actually enjoys playing the game will play solo.
>>
>>342664809
I like the reason behind it more so than the actual mechanic.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.