[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help. I only have enough money for MGSV OR Just Cause
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
I need help. I only have enough money for MGSV OR Just Cause 3. Which one should i get? I really enjoyed JC2, but I heard a lot of people loved MGSV
>>
Just Cause 3 is hot shite in every way.
MGSV's story is hot shite as well but gameplay is mindblowingly fun.
Take your pick.
>>
Is JC3 fixed for 280x yet? I cannot stand the ground having gaps in the draw distance and can't immerse myself until that's gone and the last time I played it, it wasn't.
>>
>>342646779
Just cause 3 was made by their new "B" team while the main team rushed the development of that shitty mad max game they were only given like one year to make or some shit.

Just cause 3 is so 2.5 it hurts. I hate MGS, but its hard to recommend JC3. Vehicles are worse believe it or not, combat has gotten worse, and the world is even more empty with a grindy unlock system.

It is beautiful though and the wingsuit is a blast though. Jets can now drop cluster bombs and everything can get nos and do jumps, and the weapons they let you carry are ridiculously explodey compared to jc2.
>>
I had fun with JC3 but I was playing it on PS4 and I had no expectations about it performing well when there was a lot going on.

It ran stable at least and it was fun blowing shit up and gliding around. I wouldn't pay full price for it, and if you need a game to run smoothly then it's not for you. I hear the PC version runs even worse though, so I don't know.

JC3 left me feeling satisfied that I'd got what I came for. TPP left me feeling short changed.
>>
Just cause 3 is un-optimised trash which I don't recommend you get unless you have a $1000+ pc. They seem more set on releasing gimmicky DLC rather than fixing the games catastrophic performance issues.
>>
>>342649152
Oh god that fucking dlc pissed me off

Air ship dlc! With one ONE! airship.

Will never buy.

I hate how small the military bases are most of the time.
>>
get the witcher 3, anon.
>>
the intro to mgsv alone is better than the entirety of just cause 3
>>
Just Cause 3 is unoptimized as fuck but I had tons of fun with it. Cleared the whole map before even starting on the (stupid) story.

If you don't know for a fact that mgs is your kind of thing there is a chance you don't like it at all, even more so if you are a huge fan of the series. It's a weird unfinished game, but personally I enjoyed it a lot.

It really depends on what kind of a game you prefer, Op.
>>
>>342649503
Was the DLC really that underwhelming? I'm waiting till they release all 3.
>>
File: giveup.jpg (35 KB, 450x329) Image search: [Google]
giveup.jpg
35 KB, 450x329
>try just cause 3 on an r290x
>half the textures are invisible
>try it on a 980ti
>game randomly hard crashes
>>
>>342646779
MGSV.
Just Cause 3 is nothing but Just Cause 2 with wingsuits, some of the worst controls i've ever experienced and, by far, the worst VA's i've ever heard, plus it runs like hot garbage, not to mention the memory leak that was never fixed which gave you a fuckload of lag if you had less than 12GB of RAM.

Seriously, even without the technical issues, it's a huge fucking piece of shit, and for me, it's the worst Triple A of 2015.

Get MGSV and, if you are that interested in JC, get Just Cause 2 for $1.
>>
>>342646779
Let's see
>generic open world
>awful story I don't give a fuck if it's intentional, it's almost offensively bad
>gameplay is literal trash
>technical issues of all kind
>shitty wingsuit gimmick is the only new addon since JC2
>Watch Dogs-tier driving

MGSV lacks a final boss fight, but you'd need to add a fuckload of issues to MGSV to even begin to recommend JC3 over it.

Hell, even Assassins Creed Syndicate it's a better game than JC3.
>>
>>342648082
They never fixed a single thing regarding performance.
I'm baffled at how good the JC2 and Mad Max ports were, and how bad this was, and how they didn't even bother patching it.
It's a fucking disgrace.
>>
File: Untitled.png (162 KB, 792x137) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
162 KB, 792x137
>>342646779
I think this says enough.
>>
MGSV is the best worst game ever made

the gameplay mechanics are top tier but the story goes poopie after 10 hours or so

and the best part is that mgsv runs on ANYTHING
>>
>>342653826
>poopie
Make your return to Reddit.
>>
>>342653826
>story goes poopie
other than trivial word choice, how does the story go bad?
>>
>>342647635
Gameplay in JC3 is pretty good IMO, cruising around with the wing suit is mad fun, some of the best movement mechanics in any game. The shooting is whatever but blowing shit up is as fun as it's always been. The actual mission structure and map are pretty meh though
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.