[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: xeno.png (482 KB, 533x349) Image search: [Google]
xeno.png
482 KB, 533x349
Which was better?
>>
Can these be played on dolphin?
wanted to try but not buy a wii
>>
>>342642390
the first game yeah
>>
They each had their own advantages over the other. That said, I did play through the first game two times and I can't say that about X.
>>
>>342641514
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>
>>342641514
X was more fun to me.
>>
Chronicles had better story, characters, and music.
X had a more interesting overworld and better gameplay.
>>
File: Xenogears_box.jpg (86 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears_box.jpg
86 KB, 256x240
This one.
>>
>>342641514

X is the best overall but Chronicles is more fun for JRPG fans tho
>>
XBC has better story characters world combat and most importantly music.

XCX is bigger than XBC but thats all it has going for it. All the gameplay "improvements" are clusterfuck of shit you honestly dont need until youre at ch7 or above, and thats literLly 30hrs into the game. You level way too slowly in X than compared to XC
>>
>it's a single player MMO combat is good when it is shit episode

wew.
>>
>>342643520
>tfw quit just before disc 2 and can't remember what the fuck I'm supposed to do
>>
>>342641514
The first one.
>>
>>342641514
Chronicles has better music, story and characters. X has better gameplay and setting.
>>
The largest flaw with Xenoblade Chronicles X is the lack of unique character gameplay, more than anything else. Every character is based on the same class system in XCX and there's no unique characters like Melia or Riki.
>>
>>342641514
Xenoblade by a mile

Better music, Much better story, a cast that is actually interesting, has more length to it, and more difficult since lol mech can 2 shot everything in X. Even XBC's graphics on Dolphin look nicer than X.
>>
>>342641514
X fails in just about everything compared to the original Chronicles.
Biggest disappointment in gaming for me last year.
>>
story: original
gameplay: X
>>
>>342641514
X. It was better in every way except characterization of the main cast. But the original wasn't very good in that regard either, and X put much less emphasis on it. The original's still good though.

>>342643520
I just bought that on PSN. Despite playing games back then (and well before, actually) I never got around to playing it until now. I'm not a fan of the combat (so far) but there's just something extremely comfy about the visuals and atmosphere, and the music is fantastic. They just don't make game music like they used to.
>>
>>342645041
>They just don't make game music like they used to
That's because you're playing the wrong games.
>>
>>342641514
Gameplay: X
Story: Blade
Characters: =
Music: (Blade)51/49(X)
World: (Blade)51/49(X)
Replayability: Blade (slightly moreso than the above near ties)
Misc: =
>>
>>342641514
http://www.strawpoll.me/10579681
>>
>>342645183
Nah, I've been playing plenty of games with great OSTs. Recently Cyber Sleuth and Ar Nosurge (or anything by Gust, really) come to mind. My previous comment wasn't meant to be about quality, but rather the style of music. Few games capture the same feeling as that era of game music. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>342644862
Apart from improving on it in every way but the story yeah I guess you're right.
>>
>>342641514
X has the better combat
Chronicles has the better story
Both have characters that are good and bad
I personally liked exploring X's world more than Chronicles.

All in all both have their faults and their good points.

But I have to say that X has the better side stories, which are a lot of them. If only the main story was better.
>>
File: 1429148469034.jpg (13 KB, 387x309) Image search: [Google]
1429148469034.jpg
13 KB, 387x309
>>342645220
>World: (Blade)51/49(X)
>>
>>342645220
I like Blade more than X, but X's world is way better. Don't even kid yourself.
>>
I have no plans to play X due to its bad localization. And I am not an autistic weeaboo to learn Japanese just because videogames.
>>
Obviously the first one. The second one tried too hard to be different yet the same.

The first one had a better cast of characters, a better story, for both mainline and sidequests (by virtue of focusing on a good few quests having a story rather than a lot of them having stories and you couldn't care less about them) and definitely a better ending. The first one also had a better combat system that relied on timing and position, which can also be said for the second one, but you could cheese superbosses on the second one while different superbosses required different tactics on the first.

The progression was also annoying in the second one where I had to find a specific randomly generated item on the field jewels, but that meant taking rounds around the same area multiple times, while the first one did well to do away with that. The areas on the second one were bigger and the lack of loading screens meant you could seamlessly travel, which to be fair is the one place the second one is better.

In the end, the second one tried to be better than the first, but it also tried to be different, and so it fell on it's face on most cases but did well on a feature too
>>
>>342645990
Use Loadiine. May increase loading times, but considering the rarity of that in this game, you should be good.

If you need to know how to set it up for 5.5.X, go to >>>/vg/hbg/

They should also have a download where the titty slider is still there
>>
>>342645220
>Characters: =
Don't even deny it, Blade had exponentially better better characters and much less 13 year old Mary Sue bullshit
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.