[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best class, best burial gift, and why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Best class, best burial gift, and why.
>>
>a game where you can literally dodge every attack
>thinking any of that matters

Knight, because it's armor is the coolest looking.
>>
File: 1465066447115.jpg (592 KB, 800x1249) Image search: [Google]
1465066447115.jpg
592 KB, 800x1249
>>342640068
>Best class
Doesn't matter
>Best gift
Doesn't matter
Beginning classes never mattered in Souls games and now even the starting gifts are pointless
>>
>>342640068
Rusted Gold Coin is the best Burial Gift because you barely get the chance to find more than a handful in the main game.

There is no best starting class because there isn't no single best build.
>>
Knight is indisputably the best class in 90% of scenarios due to a very efficient stat spread for a melee or all-round build. The exception is if you're a caster, or doing a Luck build

All the starting gifts are pretty shit. Young White Branch is the only unique item in terms of item descriptions. Fire Gem isn't that bad to have right at the start of the game. Rusted Gold Coins are easily the most useful of all the choices but they don't do anything unique or cool.
>>
>>342640068
Deprived, because it has the best Level vs Stat ratio

They are all worthless, no binoculars is unforgivable
>>
>>342641129

It may seem that Deprived is the most efficient class, but Luck is completely useless if you aren't specifically pumping it, and Vitality may as well be a dump stat because heavy armor is so fucking irrelevant.

Other classes put those wasted points into better investments.
>>
>>342640068
I like Herald to be honest family.
>>
Warrior for quality or strength.
Mercenary for pure dex, Thief for luck or luck hybrids
Caster classes for their respective magic schools

Only useful gift is Life Ring.
>>
herald

best gift is divine blessing so you can get the "very good" carving early
>>
Warrior is the best class for melee builds due to minimal wasted stats in ATT, FAI, and INT. And since melee is pretty much the only way to go, it makes Warrior the best overall class. If you care about min/maxing, that is.
>>
>>342640068
Have they patched in poise yet?

I played half way trough the game making a tank character and I didn't know poise was turned off and I'm too lazy to star over with another character.
>>
>>342640585
This is the only right answer. Though if you really want the very best starting class, stat optimization be damned, you have Assassin with a Rapier, a Target Shield and Spook.
>>
>>342642480
It's working as intended :)
It seems to help with hyper armor on heavy weapons. However, you need a shit ton of it stacked for it to take effect.
>>
>>342642480
Just block nigger or use less lighter armor your build cant be that fucked.
>>
>>342642747
Hyper armor works on a whole different formula and heavy armor has no impact on it, tests where done around this.

>>342642480
Vit is usefull if you are into Fashion Souls
>>
>>342640068

Knight, but I prefer deprived

I pick White Branch just to cut out the annoyance of that stupid giant for 5 minutes.
>>
>>342640068
Knight, pyromancer, or warrior unless you are doing a luck build. Knight if you don't plan to use spells for damage. Pryromancer if you plan to use damaging spells. Warrior if you don't plan to use any spells.

Fire gem for gift because fire weapons do extremely good damage in the early game compared to standard weapons and there are a few enemies that are made significantly easier by fire damage.
>>
>>342640068
I usually go mercenary because the twin swords are fun, but I think knight is probably the best overall.

As for starting gift, I'd go with Black firebombs, because there's nothing else really that useful, and firebombs let you get past Iudex quick.
>>
>>342640068
best gift is the branch for pragmatic purposes.
you'll be able to properly explore the first white birch area without needing to go all the way to talk to the giant.
>>
Deprived is the easiest, but I think playing a Cleric is fun if you're a roleplayer

No need for a gift.
>>
>>342641129
Deprived gets beat by other classes for specific builds, but you can't exactly go wrong starting at SL1.
>>
>>342640068
>best class/gift
noob spotted.

That's ok though. EASIEST starting classes are Knight and Warrior.

Knight for defense warrior for damage. Starting gift you are technically best off with the coin but it's not a big deal, and it's not something you'll use right away most likely. Firebombs are always handy early on.
>>
File: kvatchin_sankari.jpg (54 KB, 780x653) Image search: [Google]
kvatchin_sankari.jpg
54 KB, 780x653
Geralt of Rivia, combat build mixed with Alchemy. Light armor ofc. Remember to have 3 decoctions on all time.
>>
>>342640068
none of them matter because you can just get an extremely high SL and be the best at everything
>>
>>342640068
>Knight
Coolest armor, seriously, it's fucking awesome.
>Life Ring
It's actually very helpful in the early levels, another 50-100 health is nothing to shake a stick at, saved my ass in many an invasion.
>Fire Gem
My second choice, literally a direct counter to the teleporting dogs.
>>
>Best class
Whatever hits your end-game desired stat goal at the lowest level. Warrior tends to work best for melee best builds and then either caster class for Faith/Int builds.

>Best gift

Doesn't really matter.
>>
Why is luck an important stat? Doesn't it only affect drop rates?
>>
>>342650015
Nope. Luck gives physical scaling for Hollow weapons/Anri's and also increases bleed build up. Luck is pretty damn good, all things considered.
>>
>>342650015
It actually increases bleed/poison damage and buildup.
Throw some Carthus rouge on a natural bleed weapon on a luck build, and boom, two-shot bleed-outs.
>>
>>342650146
>>342650175
Damn. Sounds like investing in a little luck couldn't hurt.
>>
>>342647736
>Geralt of Rivia
I'm so sick of hearing about that old uninteresting bastard. Please fuck off to your containment threads.
>>
>>342650336
I believe luck softcaps at 51 for whatever reason, so you don't really need to pump it to see results.
20-25 is where I visibly saw the bleed increase.
>>
>>342640374

Classes matter for PvP but that's it.
>>
>>342650547
I guess I'll look into it for my next playthrough. The bandit knife has some good bleed on it for the earlygame anyhow.
>>
>>342640068
Depends on the build you're going for and Young White Branch.
>>
>>342642480
Learn to use hyper armour, or pick a different playstyle. Dark Souls 1 style retard-poise is never coming back and we should all be thankful for that.

>>342640068
Knight, because Longsword is the best weapon in the game and the starting armour looks cool
Fire Gem, because a Fire Longsword trivializes the first half of the game and allows you to spend all your level ups on survivability since your damage doesn't scale anyway. When you reach the endgame and the damage is no longer adequate, respec to quality and change the infusion to Refined.
>>
>>342651120
>hyper armour
Please explain this to me.
>>
>>342651120
>Longsword is the best weapon in the game
No. It's certainly up there because the straight sword class is king, but there are loads better weapons.

>>342651340
When you're swinging a weapon (usually a bigger one), your animations cannot be interrupted near the last part of the attack if you're hit. It's independent of poise, don't listen to memers.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.