[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is $9 at greenmangaming. Is it worth the price? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: Shadow_of_Mordor_cover_art[1].jpg (36 KB, 401x481) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Mordor_cover_art[1].jpg
36 KB, 401x481
This game is $9 at greenmangaming. Is it worth the price? It looks like a not-shitty assassins creed game, but at the same time it does.
>>
No.
>>
This game is pretty bad. No.
>>
>>342636818
its half that price on kinguin and its like lord of the rings: arkham city batman simulator
>>
>>342636818
nemesis system is the most fun part about that game
creating your own main villains through your encounters and watching them rise to boss status is awesome and how they might survive an encounter (unless you decapitate them or something) and will be battle scared the next time you see them

but the game is way to fuckin easy its most fun if you hardly upgrade anything and enemies are still a challenge and the nemesis system can really shine
>>
>>342636818
If you want to run around killing a bunch of uruks and feeling like a gangster then I'd say it's definitely worth the 9 bucks. I got 30 hours out of the campaign and nemesis system.
>>
>>342637873
>>342638075
crucial question. is stealth going to be useful in this game? or will it fall off quick?
>>
>>342638369
it is useful. game plays a lot like the batman games
>>
>>342636818
>It looks like a not-shitty assassins creed game, but at the same time it does.

It's a lot like AC.
It's the same shallow gameplay, the same go-to-a-high-place-and-scout, the same collect stuff to unlock stuff, the same short main campaign surrounded by a lot of other activities, and so on.
It's not bad, but it's not great either. It's fine to play for a short while each day to kill some time.
If you like AC or Far Cry 3/4, then you'll probably also like this.
>>
>>342638504
while I had fun with those games up to city, thing is that this game is open world as to where batman was more restricted inside. Even though outside you could stealth, you could still take them out as easy just by falling on them and spamming counter and kill moves.
curious if this game will suffer from a big open world like setting.
>>342638749
fuck.
>>
>>342638369
it gets the job done
i've forts and camps without being noticed or anything
sometimes though if you kill a nemesis orc with stealth, he could survive that encounter he will probably be very aware of his surroundings next time you see him making him immune to stealth assassinations
>>
>>342638928
There's not a whole lot of places that are restricted since most of them are fairly open ruins or shoddily built forts that have tons of entrances and exits since they're basically falling apart. Also, the gameplay is pretty mindless, but the nemesis system redeems it for me as a pretty fun timekiller.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
OI MAGGOT
>>
It's pretty good. The game mostly resolves around using the nemisis system to kill orcs, make orcs your slaves and then get them to climb rank or just fucking around. The story is also decent, but the final boss is absolute shit. The game has two areas, outside of DLC's that I personaly haven't played myself. The areas are quite large with tons of fortresses/"orc civilizations".

There's also tons of options in combat, range, stealth, sword or even riding some of the creatures you find around the world.

It's probably the best batman clone released so far.
>>
it's intensely entertaining if you're into investing in narratives surrounding characters whose rise through the ranks you watch unfold
>>
Before you buy it you should probably watch that video of the guy just mashing the keyboard while he has his screen turned off and still winning the fight.

This game is fun, but easy as shit.
>>
>>342636818
Is it worth $9? Yes. It's fun for a while, especially if you want a LotR themed game to play
>>
>>342638928
I think it suffers from being open-world. Not sure if it would have worked with the nemesis system that's actually good, but they should have tightened the level design more akin to Batman Asylum. It's just an empty space with garrisons spread across, nothing too impressive.
>>
>>342636818
Id say its definitely worth 9$. Its not very challenging but it is pretty fun. If you like LotR at all its even better. It's kind of a cross between the Batman Arkham games and AC. The coolest part is the system with the different orcs.
>>342638369
Yeah you can stealth your way into camps and take out the leader and everyone loses their shit. Feels good.
>>
The nemisis system is what makes the game.

When an normal enemy kills you, they "rise in rank", giving them a name and a title. From that point on forward they'll start battling other orcs, have wars, do hunts and other things to climb in rank. It's really fun seeing the first enemy that killed you in the game come back much later in the game as some kind of warchief. You can also "mindcontrol" orcs to make them do you bidding. You can then help them climb in rank untill they become warchiefs or something. It's pretty nice to controll your own orc army and going into war with some other army, or subtly helping another orc kill other orcs because "he's weaker than" the alternative.

It's def worth 9 bucks.
>>
>>342636818

If you care about DLC, this one might be interresting aswell:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle
>>
>>342640803
They should do a sequel where you play an orc grunt trying to rise in ranks
>>
with a controller it is a fine game with a bad ending.
with a kb/m setup it becomes the easiest game ever.
>>
>>342640710
>orcs
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I felt like the game being a running simulator really makes it suffer. I want to do some long ass hard journey across the world, not being a goddamn Batman.
>>
>>342640878
gmg is goty
>>342640803
>>342640710
fuggit. it's nine bucks and it seems It'll keep me company until I am setsuna drops
>>
File: FEAR AI.webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
FEAR AI.webm
3 MB, 768x432
dont listen to the faggots saying its shit, they just complain about it because it has a mashup of generic elements (none of them necessarily bad).
It's worth more than $10. Bamham combat is fun and it is very gory in this game. Also this is like the only game where you can let enemies live or have them escape a fight and and the next time they see you they will remember you, warning the others or jumping on the attack depending on how well your last fight went with them.
People say Monolith has lost their touch but really they are still pretty great with AI
>>
Shadow of Mordor or Mad Max?
>>
>>342642794
The ai is pretty retarded when i'm playing F.E.A.R. They just die without reacting, and sometimes they simply know one of their guys died in that black alley.
Therefore this webm is fake and gay.
>>
File: 1365205368230.jpg (18 KB, 400x520) Image search: [Google]
1365205368230.jpg
18 KB, 400x520
>meet nemisis
>fight
>second nemisis runs in
>run
>run into third and fourth nemesis
>fight
>fifth nemisis walks in

its a fun game
>>
Isn't there an enemy that's THE nemesis? He keeps coming back from the dead and shit.
>>
>>342643848
You need to decapitate him or he will respawn
>>
>>342644007
I actually did did and he just came back with a sutured neck.
>>
File: button-right.jpg (133 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
button-right.jpg
133 KB, 620x465
I just bought it.

IT'S 90 GB.
>>
>>342644341
Download the skidrow version and paste on the steam folder.
>>
>>342644341
can't you download it without the extra languages?
>>
It's a fun game, but it's too easy. /thread
>>
>>342644560
>download the skidrow version after i just paid for it
why

>>342644618
it's all the DLC on top of the base game, not language packs
>>
>>342640149
You mean when he was mashing the evade button? Yeah he was sure beating those orcs by not attacking and just spamming dodge.
>>
>>342644778
I figured as much, but the languages usually add an extra 5 gigs or so. Then you got the patches to worry about.
>>
>>342644956
The more languages the better quality of game is what /v/ keeps telling me
>>
>>342636818
I got the GOTY version during the PSN sale for $10 and I hate it
>>
>>342639851
ew is that PC graphics?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.