[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>introduce new protagonist >most of the story is still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Apollo-Justice-Ace-Attorney.jpg (84 KB, 640x574) Image search: [Google]
Apollo-Justice-Ace-Attorney.jpg
84 KB, 640x574
>introduce new protagonist
>most of the story is still about the protagonist from the last game
for what purpose?
>>
>>342629428
they came full circle in AA5
>Promise a game all about phoenix's great return
>It's actually all about Athena
>>
One of the many mysteries of how they managed to make AJ so bad. Especially since AJ Phoenix is awful. And AJ Ema, yuck.

3 > 1 > AAI > 2 > 5 > 4
>>
Is anyone going to tell Apollo he has a sister
>>
Because Capcom was sperging over having a new game in, at that time, popular series star somebody else other than the cover guy for the last 3 games

They waned Phoenix in at some point

So Takumi made it about discovering what happened to Wright with the new protag

>>342629572

That's just for the plot, like how T&T was about Maya's family, Wright was in a position of teaching 2 future successors
>>
>>342629984
There was sequel bait at the end of AA6 where Nick was talking to their mom about it. It's probably just their excuse to get Apollo back to Japanifornia.
>>
>>342629650

Let me fix that for you

T&T=SoJ=AAI2>DGS>AA=AJ>VsLayton>AAI=2
>>
>>342629650
pretty much true, except I'd put AAI and JFA as equals, and AAI2 is better than T&T
>>
>>342630350

I thought that was AJ

He talks to her again in AA6?

How the fuck does he still not know?

Especially with AA6's character development that Apollo is brothers with new prosecutor
>>
The developers wanted to evolve the series and move on but Capcom cockblocked them and forced them to shove Phoenix in as a heavy part of the story.
So just another case of Capcom management fucking a game up.
>>
>>342630453
>3/4 top rated games arejapan exclusives
epic
>>
>>342630453
This may be the single worst AA franchise ranking I've ever seen.

And you forgot Dual Destinies.
>>
>>342630571
I haven't gotten around to AAI2 yet. But since we have essentially the same exact AA taste, I will expedite it in my backlog.

The reason I like AAI so much is because I appreciated the lack of paranormal handholding the rest of the games have.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1091x732) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1091x732
>>342629572

I mean it still was Wright's great return

Apollo was cucked though

But Atleast SoJ gives him the spotlight
>>
>>342631404
THEM FEET THOUGH
>>342629650
wheres aai2
>>
Is AA6 more fanfiction crap?
The main team just really don't know what the fuck they want to do with the mainline anymore.
>>
My interest in the series was completely shattered in the moment I saw punished Phoenix, the fallen attorney.
Fuck everything that went after that
>>
>>342631313
I used to have a AAI as better than JFA as well, but after replaying it, I switched up my rankings.

JFA has arguably the GOAT case in the entire series with 2-4, which is why I bumped it up. 2-2 is better than what I remembered it to be, while 2-1 and 2-3 are still shitty.

With AAI, there's no case that's overwhelmingly shitty, but the first three 3 cases are pretty average all around. Case 4 is really good though, and 5 was good until it started to drag on too much, so that's how I evened it down to equaling them.

AAI2 won't disappoint. It has the GOAT case 1-3 in the series, and case 4 and 5 are GOAT contenders. Great from top to bottom.
>>
>>342631998
2-1 I'm fine with since it was just a short, stupid tutorial case. Any time I get to go up against Winston I'm happy.

2-3 is my AA guilty pleasure and I know I am in the vast minority on this one, and fully understand people hating it. But I liked the cast and the sympathetic killer.

It's just a shame that 2-3's insane series of events is the most convoluted writing in the franchise.
>>
>>342630612

>3

SoJ is coming in September anon
>>
>>342631801

AA6 is more or less what T&T and AAI2 are

They are closure for what DD and AJ has set up while pushing mlre potential

Everything comes together in the end and it's beautiful

You'll like it
>>
>>342631404

Speaking of Athena

Did they just drop her in AA6 as permanent helper or does she get her own case?
>>
>>342633515

Yes, she does

Case 4, it's a giant Trial only with Athena leading
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.