[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>made ripoff early access garbage the trend of the decade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
>made ripoff early access garbage the trend of the decade with Minecraft as an example
>made it hip to trade promises for money directly to consumers, instead of being reliant on investors
Has anyone been more harmful to video gaming than Notch?
>>
>>342628169
The guy who created social media.
>>
>>342628169
you and your bitter shitposting
>>
>buys a million dollar mansion in Hollywood Hills
>Sits on Twitter all day complaining about video games
>>
File: zuckerberg.jpg (22 KB, 540x308) Image search: [Google]
zuckerberg.jpg
22 KB, 540x308
>>342628537
This is probably right.
Between microtransactions, super casual games, and cheevos, Facebook pioneered it.
>>
>>342628795
Mark Zuckerberg is the biggest fucking hack of all time

He just made a Myspace clone and found a way to market it

I hate his constant :D face and the pretentious nice guy optimism he spouts in updates and press releases
>>
>>342629120
>Myspace clone.

He perfected the Myspace formula. I had a Facebook beta account in 2003 when registration was limited to a small number of universities. You needed to register with your university email to get in.

Facebook succeeded because Myspace profiles were a mess. Annoying music, bad html, non-conformed layout, and (for most users) awful aesthetics. Facebook had a clean, structured profile format that allowed for sharing information and news about yourself in the same format as everybody else- you didn't have to spend a half hour trying to understand what the hell you were looking at.
>>
>>342629120
I think the healthiest thing to do is get occupied or happy enough to forget that those guys exist.
There are people who see through them, and history will speak for itself once it's down on paper.

I kinda like living in a world of morons personally, it's a good reminder that nothing's actually all that serious
>>
>>342629436
>>>>>liking facebook
>>
>>342629436
It's a logistically well done solution to a moronic proposition, the same as most modern technology. This is how people get rich in the 21st century..
>>
>>342628169

Hi there anita
>>
File: 1346533206994.jpg (67 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1346533206994.jpg
67 KB, 429x410
Seriously though,

was Minecraft the beginning of the cancerous indie game age?
>>
>>342630189
Objectively yes.
>>
>>342629436
>Facebook succeeded because Myspace profiles were a mess. Annoying music, bad html, non-conformed layout,
MySpace's faults were its users. They wanted to control and customize their profile their own way. When it became mainstream you'd have all these teen sluts and edgy faggots bogging the site down with all their shit, classifying it as some immature site for kids.

It took awhile for Facebook to even give you SOME customizable options, but they love controlling everything you do. It was for people to chat and meet each other. Which admittedly was pretty great. Now it's trying to expand bundle everything together videos, news, general content that might "appeal to you" to control your world view. When your credit report is linked with your Facebook profile there's a problem.

idk personally I want to go back to the chaotic days.
>>
>>342628795
FUCK YOU MOOT
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.