[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
System Shock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 20160613220647_1.0.jpg (846 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
20160613220647_1.0.jpg
846 KB, 3840x2160
Are you going to back the System Shock remake?

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/24/12007602/system-shock-kickstarter-campaign-rewards-screens-demo
>>
The remake is TOO faithful to the original
>>
>>342627418
Nah, I already own the original, and these bozos aren't even the guys who made the old system shock games

I might get System Shock 3 when it comes out, since it *is* being made by the same guys who made the originals
>>
Shit series, please die.
>>
>>342627619
God damn kill yourself you stupid faggot.

I filled out this captcha just for you.

I'm so sick of gutted remakes because idiots think their artistic impressions are better than the original.
>>
never played the originals, they seem really outdated IMO i might check it out.
>>
>>342628841
play ss2 first with patches. it's great and you should play it like a rpgfps. ss1 is also good, but it's more of a straight shooter. get the gog ver with the free look patch, makes it a lot better. if you don't like ss1 it's ok becuase the game is very unique in its movement and combat systems.
>>
>>342629278
When I was a teenager, I played this through LAN co-op with one of my friends and it was the funnest thing this side of the Earth. Especially when he jacked up his speed so high, he hit a step and instantly died.
>>
>>342627418
I might back it but I find quite shady that they are already doing business with razer for the backer rewards and stuff.
>>
>>342628603
Not him >>342627619 but...
I'm kinda worried about that too.

Original system shock was blocky and had fairly simple gameplay (in comparison to system shock 2) and that makes me wonder how would that work today - on modern engine.
If they stick to old level design then simple shapes of some rooms could clash with all new details.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still hyped and i don't want to the devs to turn it into some causalised shit, but they'll have a hard time finding that balance between original level design and new details.
>>
>only show screenshots of the first level
>they look really bland
not backing this
>>
>>342627418

>Not linking the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgT7-nKKup4
>>
File: system shock.jpg (125 KB, 800x1114) Image search: [Google]
system shock.jpg
125 KB, 800x1114
I'll only give the remake a shot if it doesn't remove the GOAT soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfjIpc_Lbjk
>>
>>342627418
I really just want the box.
>>
>>342633326
Isn't the story that two members of the band that made the music was later grabbed to do SHODAN's voice for the CD version?
>>
>>342627418
If it's a very faithful remake then that's nice for people who couldn't get into the original for whatever reason but I already like the original so there's no reason for me to back it.

On the other hand, it might be cool if they changed things up somehow because then it would be something new for anyone who played the original, but I doubt it will be anything that would stand out without the System Shock name attached to it.
But I never back kickstarters anyway, so whatever.
>>
File: SHODAN was in a band once.jpg (101 KB, 750x405) Image search: [Google]
SHODAN was in a band once.jpg
101 KB, 750x405
>>342633789
Yes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribe_(band)
>>
>>342627418
No, but I'll pirate it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.