[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>only 5 bucks >essential DLC is dirt cheap cause steam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11
File: payday2.jpg (55 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
payday2.jpg
55 KB, 460x215
>only 5 bucks
>essential DLC is dirt cheap cause steam sale

Why aren't you playing me right now /v/?
>>
>>342625584
>essential DLC

There you go anon
>>
Fuck off Amir
>>
>>342625767
fpbp and if I may add my opinion, the game while fun as can be with friends or strangers that don't give a fuck if a heist goes loud or not encourages bad dlc practices.

I would rather buy a dlc that has several varied heists and nothing else at all. Fuck new guns, new skins, new patterns for new masks. I would rather get new heists only.

Fuck this dlc centered game and fuck Payday 3.

That's why I'm not playing right now you fuck.
>>
>>342626454
>fuck Payday 3
But this is Payday 2. Or have they announced Payday 3 in some way and I missed it?
>>
>>342625584
they used to have microtransactions but the devs acquired rights of the game and removed them, and from then community put down pitchforks and now it's a decent game.
>>
>>342626751
Googled payday 3 confirmed. This is the top result.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-31-payday-3-confirmed-payday-2-ditches-microtransactions

The note says 505 gets a 33 per cent revenue share of Starbreeze's net revenues from future sales of Payday 3, capped at $40m (around £27m), and after Starbreeze has fully recouped its development and marketing costs.

Not a actual announcement, but the fact that they've made that type of deal and for that amount, it might as well have been announced.
>>
>Very limited ammo for all guns
>enemies are literally bullet sponge

Artificial difficulty: the game
>>
>>342625584
Because I've never bought any of the DLC, I only played for a few levels and I have no idea which packs I'm meant to get.
>>
>>342626454
I was sucked into this game and even wasted my money on a few of the DLCs.

The community was ok if you got with people who actually enjoyed having fun and wasn't a bunch of tryhard "professionals"

The more I played Payday 2 the more I just wanted to go back to the original Payday.
>>
There's no essential DLC. That's just a dumb concept. There's the hidden packages DLC which gives a small exp boost but it's not noticeable unless you only do super easy mode heists. On Overkill/Deathwish, I never notice it.

The best weapons are either in the base game or from joining the steam community group, which I guess counts as DLC but w/e. Most DLC stuff is gimmicky like the .50 cal sniper or the minigun. The .50 cal has uses but the minigun is utter shit.

Characters? They're just cosmetic but I think like 9 or 10 of the 16 are DLC. And Jacket's from owning another game. Some of them come with alternate perk decks you can select but the only worthwhile one is Anarchist. Muscle/Rogue outclass the rest completely.

The heists are mostly DLC though, but only the person hosting needs them.
>>
File: ukrainian job.gif (1007 KB, 239x196) Image search: [Google]
ukrainian job.gif
1007 KB, 239x196
Post payday2 content
>>
>>342627203
Yeah man, even though Payday 1 had only a few levels, it feels like a better game
>>
>>342625584

When I dropped the game, I dropped it for good.
>>
File: lvl 10 in rats.jpg (54 KB, 616x437) Image search: [Google]
lvl 10 in rats.jpg
54 KB, 616x437
>>
>>342625584
If they really wanted to show good intentions they'd get those console patches put out like they said they would.
>>
File: sanic.gif (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sanic.gif
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: quality product.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
quality product.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>342627646
>consoles
>>
>>342627168
You're shit at building weapons, shit at making skill builds, shit at aiming, or possibly all three.
>>
>buying the DLC
>not just using the DLC unlocker

>>342627168
People like you are the reason they added a skill tree aimed at shitters that can't hit headshots.
>>
>>342627168
>Limited ammo
Which guns are you talking about? Also, aim for the head and everything goes down like tissue paper, except for dozers, which still go down relatively fast if you're quick enough.
>>
>>342627886
>shilling this hard
>>
>>342628026
They have "anti cheat" now implemented
>>
I remember putting dozens of hours into Payday 1 in singleplayer. Does Payday 2 deliver good content even if you don't have friends to play with?
>>
>>342628068
Yeah, and you can circumvent it by hosting your own game and disabling it. But hey, if you want to spend a shitload of money just to join someone else's lobby and get inevitably kicked for their mistake, be my guest.
>>
because if you wanted to play a ruined game with micro transactions sure
they cut money earned and experienced gains if you don't have one of their shitty skins on your weapons
>>
Holy shit the voice acting on this game is bad.

The radio guy reads off his lines like he's an android who doesn't completely understand english yet.

>cowstick soda

Honestly, how can people even play this shit game?
>>
>>342628082
Solo stealth is a "thing" in PD2 but don't expect to get very far in loud, especially on the hardest difficulty.
>>
>>342627784
Not sure where you're going with that, but yes consoles do exist.

If they ignore doing what they said they'd do, would you be inclined to trust them when paying $60 for your copy of Payday 3?
>>
>>342627454
I'd argue that the Courier pack is essential, but that's about it. Weapons have been rebalanced so everything is pretty good no matter what you have. The only thing you miss with DLC these days are the changeable shotgun rounds and special gimmick weapons.
>>
>>342628082
No. Payday 2 only shines when you play with friends
>>
>>342628194
It's because Bain's voice actor is Swedish or something. The heister's voice acting is actually really good, except for the fact that as more updates come out they need more and more voice lines, which usually aren't done until months after the fact. If it bothers you that much then just play with subtitles on.
>>
>>342628038
>It's the game's fault that I suck

A 240 ammo gun can kill the beefiest non-special enemy on the hardest difficulty in at most 5 headshots (almost always fewer with skills) and get up to 11 bullets back from the ammo drop. And this is AFTER they nerfed ammo pickup by 40% across the board.
>>
>>342628481
If it takes 5 headshots to kill anything other than a special in Deathwish, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>342628559
I think he was describing absolute worst case scenario, Anon. The point is, that guy sucks at aiming.
>>
>>342628232
Some of the best perk decks in the game that have a pretty drastic effect on your play style are locked behind character DLC.
>>
>>342628652
I bet he body shots tan cops and wonders why they don't go down
>>
>>342628710
>Perk Decks
I completely forgot these existed. Fuck. Grinder used to be an almost necessity, is it still OP?
>>
If the steam download wasnt such fucking shit id actually give it another go.
>>
>>342628835
I think it got nerfed a little in the skill tree rebalance but it's still really good. Personally I switched over to Crook + LBV since high concealment dodge builds are so easy to make now; when I get myself down to 6 detection, I've got 200 armor and 40 base dodge.
>>
>>342628559
>>342628652
Yeah, I was talking about a 39.9 damage gun, which is the bare minimum of acceptable on DW. And even then Underdog basic (which literally every build should have) will push it above the 4-shot threshold.
>>
Hows public matchmaking in this game? Is this playable without friends?
>>
>>342629237
of coursh
>>
>>342629237
It kind of sucks right now because it's full of F2P shitters, but it's normally decent. It's best if you get a mod like Lobby Player Info or NGBTO to help detect cheaters.
>>
>>342628835
I don't know if any of them really stand out as overpowered anymore, I'm pretty sure they made an attempt at balancing the perk decks somewhat, but I know for a fact that most of the ones locked behind DLC are still really powerful.

>>342629092
Is this accounting for the complete overhaul of the gun stats and damage system or no? I remember the best threshold to aim for for DW was like 42 before the changes.
>>
So I redled after update 100. I heard they got rid of the pay for drills, and figured I would give it a look. What the heck happened to the skill trees? Why did they shuffle them around and make them smaller?
>>
>>342627168
Wtf you can use the starting weapons and do deathwish. You fucking suck.
>>
>>342625584
Was fun but I'm not playing it ever again, no point.
>>
>>342625584
I'm at work. I'm not even supposed to have my phone out.
>>
>>342629768
>>342629759

what did they mean by this?
>>
File: 1456112828868.jpg (2 KB, 99x99) Image search: [Google]
1456112828868.jpg
2 KB, 99x99
>Over 200 dollars of DLC alone

I dont care if its on sale that should be enough of a red flag for people to realize that Starbreeze killed Overkill and now its only a shell of its former self that people think is somehow redeemed since they are back to being independant.

Fuck Overkill, fuck starbreeze, and fuck the Payday series may you rip in peace.

However if you dont care about supporting a money grubbing dev who released an early access product as finished at launch then get it im sure theres enough content now.
>>
>tfw you have all the dlc
>>
>>342629525
It was 42 because the game showed inaccurate damage for weapons and 42 was actually a little less than that, but 40 was the actual damage threshold, so 42 was known as "true 40." Now the damage shown is accurate, though, so if you have 39.9 damage and Underdog you're going to be over the threshold most of the time.
>>
>>342628835
Grinder got nerfed pretty hard, actually. Each stack lost 2s of duration and Sprinter got nerfed so it only gives 10% dodge instead of 25%. Ex-president is arguably a better deck and is free.

>>342628710
Infiltrator and Anarchist are the only really good paid perk decks. Muscle, Crook, Ex-president, and Gambler are all good and free.
>>
>>342630000
chekd
>>
>>342629615
They decided they didn't like them and completely redid the entire system. On top of skilsl being moved around, pretty much every skill has been changed to either do something else entirely or do what it did before differently. Getting to higher tiers in skill trees is a lot easier now because it costs way less points to do so. e.g the basic version of the first skill in a tree only costs 1 point and that unlocks the next tier, that tiers basics only cost 2 points and they also unlock the next tier so you can spend a total of 3 points to unlock tier 3 skills in any tree. Many skills have been made super powerful and because of how cheap many are to get you can do some really wild builds now.
>>
>>342630130
Don't forget Inspire got nerfed. It's no longer the best skill in the game and personally I can finally sacrifice it from my builds without feeling like I'm gimping myself. I mean it's still good but it's more of a gimmick now imo.

As for the nerf itself, it's now 100% chance but 20 second cooldown.
>>
>>342625584
>join the game during a free weekend
>"You need to be this autistic to join this game"
>Entry servers populated by children and brazilians

Much like tripwire games, why fucking bother to play a game where you need to have played literally dozens of hours before you can have fun?
>>
If you really want to try the game just get it for $5 and use the dlc unlocker and play with friends.
>>
>>342629615
Because there were literally 2 viable builds before and little room for experimentation. For example if you wanted to spec into shotguns you basically had to also spec armor because they were in the same tree.
>>
>>342630294
Personally my favorite change is the sentry build you can do now. I don't even have to play the game on overkill, I just run around picking up ammo and holding E on my sentries.

>>342630346
So host your own lobby, then you can kick out people you don't like and play only the heists and difficulties you want to play.
>>
>>342630527
You could make some interesting builds on the old system if you were willing to minmax. One of the most fun builds I had was a combination of Enforcer and Fugitive for a shotgun-centered high concealment dodge build. Granted, it was a lot easier to make that build on the new system, but I'm just saying builds like that were possible before.

On the whole, I think the rebalance was a good thing. I wasn't looking forward to it before trying it myself, but it really impressed me.
>>
>>342630385
Any cons for doing this?
>>
>>342631491
If you host the lobby yourself and only play with friends, literally none. I've got something like 800 hours in this game and I've only ever played with friends, and I've used the DLC unlocker ever since I first heard about it a couple years ago.

I don't know how pubbies react to it, though, since I've never played in a public lobby. I'm sure the majority keep auto kick cheater on, but the real question is how people would react if you hosted a lobby and they joined only to realize you were using it.
>>
File: 1465670959530.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1465670959530.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
>>342625584
>They took the microtransactions out of Payday 2, based Overkill!
>Release a bunch of paid DLC afterwards
>>
File: 1465613866781.jpg (36 KB, 445x399) Image search: [Google]
1465613866781.jpg
36 KB, 445x399
>>342631953
>afterwards
>>
>>342632119
I know the game was already a DLCfest but I find it hilarious that people are defending the game now even though they're still getting jewed
>>
>>342631808
I had this happen to me 2 days ago on Biker Heist, I strongly dislike playing with cheaters so i left the game as soon as the message popped.
>>
>>342632372
Does it even label people as cheaters for anything other than the DLC unlocker? I remember when they first released the cheater update it only labeled DLC unlocker users and completely ignored people using trainers like Pirate Perfection, which was fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>342625584
>Essential DLC

yeah, fuck off shill
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
I played this game up until the butcher dlc

I fucking [spoilers]loved[/spoilers] it

[spoilers]living out all my Heat and Ronin fantasies[/spoilers]
>>
>>342632483
If you're using mods like pd2stats and ngbto I'm pretty sure they detect a lot of stuff, ingame anti cheat? not so much
>>
>>342632768
hey anon ctrl+S
>>
>>342632768
wait for heat street or buy pdth
>>
>>342631808
Are there sites that don't require you to register to download the dlc unlocker?
>>
>>342633194
I think I've got the BLT version uploaded on my Mediafire account, I don't know if that requires an account to download or not though.
>>
>>342633328
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8y4do08d8dz3tq5/dlc+unlocker.zip

Install BLT and then extract this into the "mods" folder in your PD2 directory. Don't even have to push a button during the intro like the old one, it just works automatically. Again, though, it will label you as a cheater so be prepared to get kicked or yelled at for not being a good goy.
>>
>>342633624
Thanks m80, only luck I was having had me either having to make an account on uc or wad through reddit. Funnily enough the thread quickly turned into a piracy is bad and fuck you jewish business practices are bad. Go figure.
>>
Payday 2's update process is fucking shit, my hdd went to trash because of it.
>>
Because the game is literally fucking trash and they milked the ever living hell out of their autistic fanbase. Never spent a dime on the DLC, used a trainer and activated it all for free and played through the shit.
>>
>>342632834
ctrl+s Thanks anon
>>
>>342635235
>game is fucking trash
>but I still played through all the content

:^)
>>
>>342635778
>you're not allowed to formulate an opinion after you play through something
>unless you have a positive opinion on something you're not allowed to play through it
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1466582090887.jpg (55 KB, 333x293) Image search: [Google]
1466582090887.jpg
55 KB, 333x293
>>342625584
Almir is a kike
>>
So I have the BBQ, Hotline Miami, Dragan, Shotgun, and Mod Courier packs. Anything else worth picking up?
>>
it's just l4d with cops and a greedy developer
and grind
>>
>>342635906
The game has been getting content updates for almost 3 fucking years. If you pirated "all" the DLC then you should have figured out the game was not worth playing ages ago, but kept going because ???

You're just trying to justify your piracy by saying the game doesn't deserve your money, and it's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>342636741
All was in reference to a long time ago. The quality of the DLC hasn't improved in the slightest and they constantly fucked the game up and jewed out their fanbase more.
>piracy
haha nice one bro, they shouldn't have downloaded the data onto my pc if they didn't want me to change a value to enable it.
>>
>>342625584
>essential DLC
Fuck off Amir
>>
I can't play 4 player shooters as I don't have that many friends.
>>
File: 1392078230282.png (38 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
1392078230282.png
38 KB, 800x531
I bought the Sokol DLC just for the AS Val
>>
>>342636601
Nothing like Left4dead apart from 4 player
>>
>>342637389
go to object spot
hold f to place object
hordes of cops attack
hold f to repair object if it breaks down
repeat

the only good part is stealth runs, but you gotta grind for silencers
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.