[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Graphics Cards in Laptops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: areYouSpecial.jpg (34 KB, 430x218) Image search: [Google]
areYouSpecial.jpg
34 KB, 430x218
Why the fuck do laptop companies make their videocards unupgradable, it's fucking retarded, anyone else agree?
>>
Cause they are a bunch of cunts OP
>>
Because you would have a reason to buy a new one. If you could upgrade cpu/gpu then you could use the same laptop for 5times as long
>>
>>342625798
It's just fucking retarded, wouldn't they obtain much more loyal customers and make more money if they charged a little more for the computers, but sold the upgrades themselves and/or had a rep for being a great computer company?
>>
>>342624673
oh bee have
>>
I don't care. From my point of view, laptops are for work. You don't need to upgrade shit to work on a laptop. If you work as an 3D artist, you use a proper workstation anyway.
>>
>>342624673
Because laptops are designed to be compact, meaning that the components are crammed together in such a way that making them easily swappable is non-existent.
>>
File: 1455828823337.jpg (262 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455828823337.jpg
262 KB, 900x1200
I had to replace the fan on my laptop. Shit requires the whole thing to be taken apart. It's right fucking there, way can't there be some hatch for it? Also the first laptop I had was a netbook that failed, it was my brother's for possible reasons why it broke. Just to get to the hard drive requires the whole thing to be taken apart.
>>
>>342624673
because their target audience doesn't give a shit about that sort of thing
>>
>>342624673
It's almost like the form factor forces them to solder the card directly on the motherboard or something op. Crazy world I know.
>>
>>342624673
Get a desktop then you giant faggot. Only shitlords use laptops.
>>
>>342629008
Maybe he doesnt have the money right now anon and is running on a old cheap potato
>>
>>342627862
No. That's why they do it this way.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.