[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was skyward sword received so positively when it came out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
why was skyward sword received so positively when it came out? Just because of the massive hype? I tried playing it again recently and it's by far the worst of the 3d zeldas.
>>
>>342615547
It's a good game, it's just very different from other Zeldas.
>>
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
People overhype Zelda like crazy.
>>
>>342615547
Yes.
Blind nostalgia. It had been 5 years since the last 3D Zelda.
Then people realized the game was garbage.

Kek, even OoT 3D outsold SS. That's how bad the game was.
>>
I really enjoyed it, but everyone has different opinions. I enjoyed OoT but don't care for majoras mask, and i think those ds game zeldas like phantom hourglass were pretty crappy
>>
Because it's a Zelda title. Don't even pretend for one minute people didn't give it more credit than it was worth based solely on the name. If it were any other adventure game it would've received meh/10 everywhere else. If you can't admit this, then you John, are the nintendrone
>>
>>342616187
You can say this about any big name franchise.

If the RE name hadn't shown up at the end of RE7 trailer, people would have dismissed the game as another generic first person jumpscare shit
>>
>>342616302
Right
>>
>>342615547

>Worst of the 3d zeldas

No, that's Twilight Princess.
>>
>>342617350
SS is worse that TP, i'd like to hear your arguments if you are serious.
>>
>>342617350
TP isn't even worse than WW
>>
>>342616078
>OoT 3D outsold SS
yeah no shit, you also had to get wii motion plus to play SS
>>
>>342615547

Why so much hate for SS?
I don't get it...
Sure, it had a lot of filler, and the motion controls sucked, and Fi was a boring companion. But it still had tons of great gameplay in there. The desert areas especially were all great, Good puzzles, Good dungeons, Good bosses. Skyloft was a comfy town with lots to do. Good side quests, good mini games. Really it's a great game that is a bit flawed, but it's still better than Twilight Princess.
>>
>>342617659
Yes it is. Twilight Princess did some stuff better in the execution department, but the core premise of the game is just so bland and tedious.

Plus there's just no depth to the game. The only side quests are the bug collecting, Poe collecting, and throwing some water on a Goron.
>>
>>342618508
>but the core premise of the game is just so bland and tedious.

Better than ALttP rehash for the 5th time

TP also had a good number of dungeons that were actually good and decent pacing. And didn't have tedious triforce fetch quest faggotry
>>
skyward sword got the most lukewarm response of any zelda, the only time i ever hear anyone talk about it is when they're shitting on it.
>>
WW=TP>OoT>MM>>>>>>>>>>SS
Prove me wrong. Protip: its entirely subjective
>>
>>342618613
The dungeons in TP were top notch stuff, as good as the temples in OoT at least, and actually has a decent water temple in the Lakebed Temple
>>
>>342615781
No, it isn't. If any other game was as hand-holdy, they'd he torn apart critically. After having near perfect games to improve upon, it made no sense for SS and TP to be as Medi more as they are.

Sure, they are better than the typical below average game, but only by virtue of having previous Zelda formulas intact. Otherwise, they are poor sequels and boring games in general.
>>
>>342615547
Because it was a good game naturally.
>>
>>342615547
I honestly really liked it, but that might be because Skyward Sword Zelda is my favorite and the game gave me feels
>>
>>342619285
*It made no sense for them to be as mediocre as they are.

Fuck phone keyboards
>>
>>342615547
It wasn't. Only reviewers hyped it and that was the case with 90% of games back in that period. Pretty much everybody recognised it as dogshit as soon as they started playing.

Only a few things like Ghirahim, Koloktos, the Sand Sea and some of the dungeons repair how shitty it was.
>>
>>342616078

>even

are you stupid? it's like being surprised that call of duty sells more than call of juarez

wew
>>
>>342615547
>why was skyward sword received so positively when it came out?
Because hardcore Zeldafags are fucktards.
>>
>>342616078
>Kek, even OoT 3D outsold SS. That's how bad the game was.

Seriously? I kinda doubt that..
>>
>>342621265
>are you stupid? it's like being surprised that call of duty sells more than call of juarez

Shit analogy.

A better analogy is being surprised that the CoD4 HD remake outsold CoD: Ghosts.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4 KB, 296x248) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4 KB, 296x248
>>342622579
>>
The Desert sections of SS are some of the best parts of any 3D Zelda game, easily. Not just the sand sea but the parts before that, and the time shifting stones mechanic, Great stuff.

The rest of SS however, was mediocre at best.
>>
>>342615547
Because it's a good game.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.