[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what am I in for, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 189x267
So, what am I in for, /v/?
>>
borderline unplayable russian garbage that gets nonstop shilled here by slav infiltrators
>>
>>342614834
If it's any relevant, I got that HD remaster version.
>>
Super interesting writing and setting that gets kinda fucked by very slow gameplay. Atmosphere is great though and the story is rightfully shilled, very unusual and worth dealing with. If the gameplay gets too much for you (it did for me on subsequent playthroughs) there are some console commands you can lookup that will double your walk speed.
>>
>>342615052
Ah ok, maybe they fixed all the problems.
>>
Gone Home for Fedoralords
>>
It's a slow paced game which might take some time getting used to and isn't for everyone. I'd recommend going into it knowing as little as possible
>>
>>342615552
Speaking of which, was Gone Home that bad?
I don't even know what the game looks like.
>>
>>342614834
*Russian infiltrators, bro. Western Slavs can into video game at least.
>>
>>342615618
I thought russians were slavs
>>
>>342614834
first post best post
this game is nothing but a meme
>>
>>342615705
>murrican education
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5x3vtTVUio
>>
>>342615552
If Gone Home has interesting characters, fantastic writing, gripping story, deep lore, and great atmosphere
>>
>>342615705
Russians are slavs, but not all slavs are Russians. There is as much bickering between them as any other clans.
>>
>>342614749
A really wierd experince. The gameplay is boring and dull but the world itself is amazing.
>>
>>342615614
You walk though a house and you read notes.
If you imagined that, you've just played Gone Home.
>>
File: EAT YOUR VEGGIES.gif (4 MB, 558x690) Image search: [Google]
EAT YOUR VEGGIES.gif
4 MB, 558x690
>>342614749
Perhaps the best example of story and gameplay being integrated.
Really challenging, borderline unfair, and really instills a sense of dread and worry as the game continues. When the shit hits the fan on day 5-6 you'll see the true depths of despair.
HD edition fixes most of the bugs, looks ok, and has an actually comprehensible translation. It's the best way to play the game until the remake comes out.
>>
Prepare to be walking around with about 30 kilos of human organs and two bags of weed as Haruspex
>>
>>342614749

Play as the Bachelor the first time and always try to talk to every NPC you're friendly with multiple times, especially at the start of a new day. Avoid combat when possible until you learn how the game works. You can permanently fuck yourself if you play badly or screw up certain quests, so try to keep a save at least at the start of every day.

This game is fascinating to me in that it gave me an actual fear of loss, where most games I just don't give a shit about death or starting over.
>>
File: albino.jpg (150 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
albino.jpg
150 KB, 700x525
You're in the Steppes minding your own business and gathering tvir while suddenly this guy slaps your ass. What do
>>
>>342616148
...that sounds completely retarded.
Is the writing at least competent?
That won a few awards, didn't it?
>>
File: inquisition_is_CUTE.jpg (137 KB, 1088x650) Image search: [Google]
inquisition_is_CUTE.jpg
137 KB, 1088x650
I wish /v/ talked about this game more often.
Hopefully remake will rightfully become the best game ever made
>>
>>342616435
Bleed out my eyes and ears before passing out and dying in my own bubbling spit
>>
>>342616623
When's that coming out?
>>
>knife being thrown from afar does more damage than a close quartered stab
how

And why does everyone know how to throw knives in this town?
>>
>>342617298
It's Russia in like 1910. Shit is shady as fuck. The kids will probably mug you when your back is turned.
>>
>>342616435
start screaming and bleed out from my ears
>>
>playing Haruspex
Man, canon Bachelor is a turbo cunt. I mistakingly played him as a lawful good
>>
>>342614749
>that walking speed
fuck this game
i hope the remake will be better
>>
>>342617804
He's a huge bitch, though do consider how much you probably hated everyone your first playthrough.
One of the best things this game does is that the character behaves like a real person, and often thinks the exact same thing as you.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.