[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bought it. beat first level. HOW DO I DISABLE THE STUPID USING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: about to buy.jpg (274 KB, 936x665) Image search: [Google]
about to buy.jpg
274 KB, 936x665
bought it.
beat first level.
HOW DO I DISABLE THE STUPID USING THE MOUSE FOR MOVING FORWARD AND BACKWARD.
>>
Why aren't you playing it on a source port?
>>
>>342614715
download zdoom
change controls
go hog wild
>>
>>342614715
google gzdoom
you're welcome
>>
>>342614878
I asked /v/ that if doom was so good, and they hate d44m, why hasn't there been a 1:1 remake with better graphics, or a mod that updates the graphics.

/v/ said the original game is literally perfect the way it is.
So I did not even know that there were sources ports until today.

Do you really recommend I play them instead of the original?

If so, what do I do?
I've never used a wad before.
>>
>>342614715
>I pay money for freeware
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>342615220
literally on the doom wiki is a section that shows guides and how tos.
>>
>>342615220
>literally perfect the way it is.
What? Fools told you that. It was perfect in 1993, but we have better presentations (read: ports) now.
As other Anons suggested, use GZDoom. Just drop the game's WAD (DOOM.WAD) on the GZDoom executable and you should be good to go.
>>
>buying doom on steam

Fucking valve retards I swear.
>>
>>342615220
You've never seen Doomsday and all that modded shit that's been out for like a gorillion years?
>>
>>342615220
you use a source port that updates the game to modern *conveniences* without changing the gameplay.

most source ports try to change graphics and gameplay needlessly, ruining the original game
>>
>>342614715
Go back to the command line and run setup.exe.
You can change the controls from there.
>>
I've been playing plutonia recently and loved it until the 2nd half, just feels like the quality went downhill.
>>
why even buy Final Doom

is there even any difference to it compared to playing any other version of Doom 1 ?
>>
File: image.png (165 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
image.png
165 KB, 303x311
just use fucking prBoom
>>
>>342615220
>why hasn't there been a 1:1 remake with better graphics, or a mod that updates the graphics.

Like others have said there are source ports but all that's changed is stuff like mouse aiming options with or without aim assist and crouch / jump support, though this breaks original doom levels and most wads, they weren't designed for it. Graphically the game looks fantastic imo and any update does a disservice to the original monster designs. There are filters but filters are just blurry and shitty imo.

Besides, some of the game mechanics in the old school games don't translate well into full 3D, like lack of reload or monsters pulling one frame 180s to shoot at you, but the game is balanced around that and it works for Doom.
>>
overall best port is prBoom as >>342615775
suggested, good alternative to it is ZDoom. if you want pure vanila there is Chocolate Doom and if you want to have mouselook and actual 3d perspective you can get GZDoom
>>
>>342614715

There are actually some jumps in the game that are way easier to make with the mouse run. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>342615674
I'm too dumb to find plutonia.wad or tnt.wad
>>
Crispy Doom is good
>>
File: success.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
success.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>342615428
>Just drop the game's WAD (DOOM.WAD) on the GZDoom executable and you should be good to go.

Exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>342615919
They're in ultimate doom, they're fanmade but were sold as an episode pack

TnT is good and a bit harder than doom 2, fair challenges, but Plutonia is fucking hard as dick.
>>
>>342615220
If you want it to look prettier use something like Doomsday with high res textures. If you want it to be more or less like vanilla with quality of life improvements play it on gzdoom (which is also good for mods)
>>
File: zdoom 2016-05-29 10-52-45-71.png (366 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zdoom 2016-05-29 10-52-45-71.png
366 KB, 1920x1080
>>342616092
No, anon, turn off that stupid ass filter. You just make everything all blurry.
>>
Recommend a short, fun megawad like scythe for me /v/.
>>
>>342616092
Go here: http://www.doomworld.com/10years/bestwads/
Then google cacowards
Have Fun
>>
>>342615220
Get GZDoom.
Set proper resolution and disable filters, search in the options for HUD and message scaling and turn them on.
Toggle mouselook and remove autoaim.
Get the Smooth Doom mod and use it alongside your "main" game (Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Plutonia or TNT)

This will net you the best vanilla-ish experience without looking too bad.

If you want the 100% pure vanilla experience, just get Chocolate Doom instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 331x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 331x506
>>342616850
>GZDoom
>no autoaim
>smooth doom
>"vanilla-ish"

Might as well install Brutal Doom while you're at it
>>
>>342617334
>Might as well install Brutal Doom while you're at it
Dude, come on now with that crazy hyperbole.
It looks vanilla enough with some non-intrusive eye.candy.
It plays vanilla enough with mechanics we're all already used to (mlook) without feeling too cheap (mlook+autoaim)
>>
>>342617334
Yeah, because minor changes to improve the game is the same as a major overhaul. Fucking retard.
>>
How do I get this thing?
>>
File: how to get.jpg (129 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
how to get.jpg
129 KB, 1600x900
>>342618114
Forgot pic....
>>
>>342618242
wow...
>>
neo /v/ is fucking real!
>>
>>342615220
Use chocolate-doom. It's vanilla doom but it runs on Windows AND you can turn off vertical mouse movement.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.