[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this bullshit ? Any way to get around that ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: fuckingbullshit.png (9 KB, 683x100) Image search: [Google]
fuckingbullshit.png
9 KB, 683x100
What the fuck is this bullshit ? Any way to get around that ? Or i'm gonna miss out on all this free money ? Fuck you Valve, fuck you.
>>
Just give them your phone number :^)
>>
Give them your phone nunber so gaben can call when he's feeling lonely
>>
stop being russian scammer
>>
I don't even have a mobile, what the fuck am I meant to do.
>>
>>342610637
miss out on the free money. you aren't the only one, i'm in the same boat.
>>
>>342610637
Just use a public phone number.
What could go wrong?
>>
>>342610476
>>342610507
>>342610763
it actually wants you to use its bullshit app, the phone number isn't even fucking enough
>>
i cant make money because i have bought a game recently (30 days to a year). I only have $0.23.
>>
>>342610637
How do people not have a phone in 2016
I could understand not having a smartphone, but not even a cellphone?
>>
>>342610859
Just use winauth
>>
>>342610637
Pay the abnormie tax. But really if you were a real abnormie you'd pirate all your games and not give money to Valve at all.
>>
File: GabeN.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GabeN.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
GIVE ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER
>>
File: dudebro.jpg (33 KB, 366x504) Image search: [Google]
dudebro.jpg
33 KB, 366x504
>>342610968
>How do people not have a phone in 2016

Maybe because he doesn't talk to other people besides his family, Chad?
>>
based gabe DOES IT AGAIN!

thank you gaben *eats shitty steam sales*
>>
>>342611087
i use my phone to browse the internet when im not home.
i rarely use it for something else.
>>
Remember when you made a bunch of weird usernames on say AIM or Yahoo in 2002 or so and surprised people with a silly name? Guess what? They now require phone authentication so kids now can't even make more than one username per phone. Enjoy companies wanting to "get to know you better"
>>
>>342610968
not him, i don't leave my house so i don't need a cell phone, i use the landline included with my internet plan instead, and i'm too poor to get a cell just to have one.

i'm really sick of websites asking me for a cell phone for verification purposes desu.
>>
>>342611165
Why do you need to leave your house? Everything you need is there.
>>
>>342611087
I only talk to my parents and still own a phone to shitpost from my bed.
>>
>>342611247
Should have a tablet instead, anon, bigger screen
>>
Wait what free money?

How do I get free money out of steam?
>>
Where can I get one of those Obama phones?
>>
>>342610968
If I'm not at home then I'm either at work or actually with my friends, in between I either listen to music or read. I honestly don't know why some people even have their mobiles since they never fucking answer them half the time.
>>
>>342611347
https://www.fcc.gov/general/lifeline-program-low-income-consumers
>>
>>342611425
>9.25 for 500 mb
i barely use 100 mb and i pay the same amount.
its horrible to live in a country with so many monopolies
>>
>>342611743
God damn I don't even understand how you people do that.

I tear through like 50 gigs a month of data on my phone.

I would literally fucking end my life if I could only use 1% of what I use now.
>>
>>342611351
So if your out and need to call somebody what do you do?
>>
You gotta do some horseshit involving giving them your phone number and I think installing a smartphone app.

They can fuck right off though. I can wait 15 days for game card drops and for things like this sale I can just ignore it entirely. I don't need that 6 cents that fucking badly.
>>
>>342611851
The annoying as fuck thing about the current system is you need to verify for EVERY card you put for sale if you don't use the mobile authenticator. Shits obnoxious as fuck.
>>
>>342611840
I've never needed to call someone while I've been out, literally never been an issue which is part of the reason I still don't have one. One of my friends racked up a $500 bill at one point, I don't need that shit in my pocket.
>>
>>342610763
If you get VAC banned on a public number, it bans everyone who used it.
>>
>>342611298
By milking faggots treating steam like facebook with trading cards.
>>
I tried to set it up, but the fucking authenticator is broke to shit, so I can't. And even if I could, I couldn't sell my stuff for a week after starting it.
>>
What the fuck is with Valve putting up all these account/market restrictions holy fuck.
I would assume that they're doing this to protect subhuman retards and children who don't know how to take responsibility for their accounts getting jacked, but no I refuse to believe they need to go THIS far to accommodate these degenerates to the extent that they're willing to totally fuck everybody else's experience.
>>
>>342610968
>being annoyed by retards at any time of day
>>
>decide to idle and get all my cards
>15 pages worth of cards
>you have to manually accept each sale

yeah nah fuck you valve
>>
>>342613167
Most likely? They've seen too many people taking advantage of the system to never need to actually buy anything. So they're putting something in place to make it more obnoxious.
>>
>>342613167
its just valve thinking ahead to avoid any legal hoopla that can arise from dumb people and the people that unabashedly take advantage of them
>>
>>342611298

You go through the recommended list and you can get 3 cards per day. Each of them usually sell for 10-12c almost instantly. Repeat every day and be able to buy some cheap games for "free"
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.