[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what case would you recommend i buy to the following pc build?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
what case would you recommend i buy to the following pc build?
ventilated i case s more important to me than looks, although looks are a huge bonus

processor-- i5-6600K
motherboard-- Z170-Pro4
RAM -16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
GPU-- NVIDIA GTX970 - WINDFORCE 3X
hard drive-- Western Digital 1TB
SSD-- 240GB SSDNow
PSU-- Enermax 700W MAXPRO
proccessor fan-- CoolerMaster Hyper 212X
case fan-- TwoCool 120

if any other info is needed please say.
>>
>>342608216
I would go with the red one because it is faster. It does heat up more though and this is a rough summer.

If you want to save on the electric bill then take the green one. You will get lower performance, but it's a trade off.
>>
>>342608389
pls

for future posts- pic not entirely related, any case is welcomed
>>
It depends where you live. Red LEDs get really hot, though offer a boost in speed. You dont want your PC to overheat from using too many red LEDS.
>>
>>342608494
this is an expensive case, but great for airflow. it's also completely tool-less. It's big, but you still get good flow with ginormous nvidia cards

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-600t
>>
>>342608216
Corsair Obsidian 750D
>>
>>342608389
dont listen to him green leds might be more "eco" friendly to make but they're also toxic to humans after a time
>>
>>342608937
>>342609006
OP here, budget is around 80-100$...
>>
>>342608937
>>342609006
>>342609354
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-230t-compact-mid-tower-case
>>
>>342609856
how much important is the venting from the side of the case conmared to the front an top? also does it have vents from the bottom if it?
>>
File: gaming ram.png (516 KB, 848x1492) Image search: [Google]
gaming ram.png
516 KB, 848x1492
>>342608389
I forgot how the LED chart went, can someone help me? In exchange, here's a RAM guide
>>
How important is the motherboard for the build? Does it even matter as long as it has all the ports you need and if you don't care about overclocking?
>>
The real question is why are you building a PC with a 700w PSU and last gen GPU?
>>
>>342612009
care to elaborate? what's wrong with it?
>>
>>342611345
Side is not really important. Front is usually the intake, back the exhaust. Top is where you put your radiator when you have a watercooling set-up and can be both intake (towards the front) and exhaust (towards the back) or all intake or all exhaust, and bottom is always intake.

Unless you have a thing that really generates a lot of heat (which you don't), you don't need a side window on your case.

>>342611579
Why are you picking an overclocked CPU if you don't care about overclocking?
>>
>>342612214
Go throw your build into pcpartpicker and check how much power it draws, you'll be shocked to learn it's nowhere near 700. Also the 1000 series GPUs are just coming out along with AMDs new line which are absurdly good value for money.
>>
>>342612462
GTX1000 series are going to take a while to restock though and the 480 is going to get scalped to fucking death.
>>
>>342612462
ill go check, but as for the 100 series, im already at the limit i can invest. this build is desu way above the price i initially planned to reach to.

to your knowledge, how powerful of a PSU would i need in order to OC the GPU and processor without any worries?
>>
wtf I have the exact case as in OP pic, the red one
>>
This is why PC build posts are banned on other boards, fuck this thread and fuck you OP stop being a fucking retard.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.