[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DS2 > DS1 > DS3 Do people actually think that DS3 was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
DS2 > DS1 > DS3

Do people actually think that DS3 was a good sendoff?
>>
I don't know if I'd say DS3 was good, but it was leagues above DS2.
>>
>>342606158
dark souls players don't care about the gameplay, they think of these games as some sort of artistic statement.
Ds2 had the best gameplay by far (the number of viable builds alone is amazing and you had to work hard by getting rare items in order to make a good build on a first playthrough, rewarding exploration and planning) but it was bogged down by the worst level design in the trilogy.
DS3 has by far the best level design (the levels themselves, not the way they interconnect since they basically don't) but everything else was pretty shit, the weapon and build variety is a lot lower than both ds2 and ds1, outside of a few standouts the bosses are pretty shit (which was also the case with ds2, but it is reasonable to expect them to do better), it's the shortest of the three and it was designed with lorefags in mind instead of people who actually enjoyed playing the games, but I guess that's the point since lorefags are most of the fanbase.
All three games are still pretty good though, I'm sure dark souls 3 would have been better if they didn't just rush development and that the inevitable definitive edition will be a lot better.
>>
>>342606701
holy shit thanks for the blog

DaS3 was a great game.
Das2 SotFS was a good game.
DaS1 was a fantastic game.
>>
>>342606784
>lmao look at this nerd discussing videogames on a videogame board, let me drop some random judgements as if they would add anything to the discussion XDXD
are you waiting for le epic upboat as well?
>>
>>342606701

>dark souls players don't care about the gameplay, they think of these games as some sort of artistic statement.

t. dumbass gamer
>>
base games
ds3 > ds1 > ds2
dlc
lost crowns > aota
>>
File: 1298669156655.jpg (61 KB, 550x339) Image search: [Google]
1298669156655.jpg
61 KB, 550x339
>>342606701
>dark souls players don't care about the gameplay, they think of these games as some sort of artistic statement.

>pic related
>>
File: Tarantino.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Tarantino.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
I'd pick DS3 over DS2 any day.
>But muh PvP
PvP have always been shit and only retards play it.
>>
>>342607489
>>342607898
90% of the discussion about dark souls on major outlets (facebook, youtube and what not) is all about the lore. 4chan is not the world
>>
DS1 = DS2 = DS3.
Any other opinion is objectively wrong and this is not open to debate.
>>
>>342606158
nice meme
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.