[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
APOLOGIZE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Batman_Arkham_Knight_Cover_Art.jpg (17 KB, 279x357) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Arkham_Knight_Cover_Art.jpg
17 KB, 279x357
APOLOGIZE
>>
it's shit
>>
>tfw bought it on sale from PSN with all the DLC for 25
>beat it a few days ago
>It wasnt shit like /v/ said

What was the main issue? The car? The car was perfect.
>>
>>342603508
I think it was absolutly fine. they have refined the combat, it is perfect, the fear takedowns and environment takedowns are a really good addition to it all.
visually it is amazing and the story is pretty good
good send off for the series
joker is funny as fuck in it
>>
>Terrible plot twist that everyone and their mother saw coming
>Terrible ending, to the franchise as a whole as well
>Batmobile controls pretty wonky
>No good bossfights, like two half-decent ones
>Terrible sidequests, way worse than Arkham City
>PC port is still a pile of shit after all the "fixes"

Combat and traversal/exploration are the two big pluses I'd give it, but even that saved to fail the game. If the PC port wasn't such a mess it probably wouldn't be too awful a game, but still a letdown and worse than it's predecessors.
>>
>>342602454
the players should be receiving an apology
>>
File: 1371421966091.png (20 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1371421966091.png
20 KB, 560x407
>>342604761

I just reinstalled Arkham City the other day and somehow it runs worse than Knight on my PC.

I don't even.
>>
They ever fix the PC port? Was thinking of picking it up because of the summer sale.
>>
>>342604868
pc gamers got every other game in the franchise for free with all dlcs included, yet no one mentions it.
>>
>>342605012
It'll run as long as you have high specs, just not at the quality you'd expect. I have a HD 7870 (R9 270X equivalent) and I couldn't play 1080p without getting terrible dips. Even at 720p driving sequences still often got bad.

>>342605305
Because it was the shittiest, jewiest "apology" they could have given. Practically everyone who had bought Arkham Knight already had the previous games, what's the point? It helps out people just getting into the series but it's a big fuckin middle finger to the majority of the player base, the fans that got them to the third game in the first place.
>>
>>342605012

Apparently. I tried to pirate it, but it ran like shit because that was the initial release.

Apparently it runs like butter now for most people.

I'd like to buy it, but I'm still having a hard time buying it for 10$ off G2A.
>>
>>342603508
>theres a wall
>i need the car
>theres a fusebox that needs to be powered up for whatever fucking reason
>i need the car
>i need to get through that bridge
>i need the car
>>
Should I buy it for 18 yuros or wait for a pc GOTY edition ? I only want 2 or 3 DLC.

Will it be playable with 8Gb of RAM and a GTX 670 on W10 ? (for a relatively slow game like this I can live with 30fps)
>>
>>342605012
It's better, but still not very good. It's also been on sale much cheaper - in fact, the price it is now is exactly the price I got it for AT LAUNCH (£25 for the premium edition from cdkeys, it's currently £24.60 on Steam - holy penis what a saving!).

I would buy it from elsewhere, but with the knowledge that there's a pretty good chance it won't work as desired. I eventually got it to run great after the patches (max settings, 1080p60 with no drops, played for 100 hours getting 240% completion) but you might not be able to.

Performance issues aside, it's a fantastic game. I'd still peg it as the weakest in the trilogy, but not by very much.

>>342605305
Not really. Most people who bought AK on PC already had AA and AC (which were updated to GOTY versions FOR FREE anyway when GFWL shut down). And Origins (which I also already had) didn't even come with the DLC, meaning the only thing I got as an apology for months of not being able to play the game was Arkham Origins Blackgate - more of an insult than an apology.
>>
>>342605467
>>342605761
well i didnt have them... like i hadnt bought them. what else could of warner bros given anyway? they have shit games.
>>
>>342605949
How about some of that jewish dlc they were about to pump out?
How about a good game?
How about my money back?

Actually, I did get that last one, thanks to the advent of steam refunds. If refunds hadn't been implemented literally right as Arkham Knight came out (huh, what a coincidence), I doubt Eidos would have done a single damn thing. Just "Whoops, sorry kiddo! But you already bought the game!".
>>
>>342605949

I would've been happy with any of the following;
>Unconditional partial refund, since you only got part of the game
>Free digital code for Knight on either PS4 or Xbone, since you paid for a full copy you deserve a version that works
>A year's subscription to whatever digital platform DC Comics has, to give the dedicated Batman fans something more for their money (not something I'd use, but at least they'd be making the effort)
>An actual fucking redo of the PC port like they were supposed to do in the first place, this time with more than two interns working on it during their coffee breaks

In short; something that would actually cost Warner Bros some money to put right, instead of them pocketing the dosh from all the preorders and then tossing some codes they had lying around for games that everyone already had. A gesture of 'okay, we admit we fucked up, we're going to show our sincerity by really making an effort to put things right and restore our customers' trust'.
>>
>>342606182
>How about some of that jewish dlc they were about to pump out?
season pass for free on pc for those who bought it would of been a good idea, except, what do you give those who had already bought season pass?

>How about a good game?
true. well, it was okay i guess but that fuckin battank ruined most of it. also, batman is not very likeable.. like, not at all.

>How about my money back?
they did offer full refunds. i bought a physical copy instead of steam because i thought it'd be quicker than having to download it on my connection, if only... still had to download most of it from steam anyway. went back to the store and returned my physical copy though and kept the digital one. so basically got it for free. win?
>>
Port aside we can agree it's a good game though, right?
>>
>>342603508

>psn

The main complaints were about the pc version which was and still is broken
>>
File: 1430190520491.jpg (2 MB, 1940x2730) Image search: [Google]
1430190520491.jpg
2 MB, 1940x2730
>>342602454
sorry batman for killing your parents
>>
>>342603508
Yes, the game is great
>>
>>342602454
Aplogize for what? I didn't have as much fun as I did when I played City for the first time. The car missions were fine - the tank combat was OK - just a natural extension of freeflow combat. I'd rather the tank combat be replaced by highspeed chases with Mario Kart gadgets thrown in and batman jumping from car to car to throw out bad guys.
What really bothered me was how bad they botched the Predator sections. Gadget creep + Fear Takedowns trvialized them somewhat. I HATED how enemies wouldn't be more afraid of you in a game that's supposed to be about fear. Fear takedowns should have been awarded for instilling fear in the enemy, not taking them out quietly. Arkham Asylum had enemies shooting at shadows and circling around terrified when you were doing good in Predator.
>>
>>342604761
>Batmobile controls pretty wonky
I gotta say, as many problems the game has, controls weren't one of them. I found myself using tank mode to navigate through turns sometimes though.
>>
How the fuck do you stun the faggots who ram into you? I press L2 and they still get me.
>>
>>342604761
>>Terrible plot twist that everyone and their mother saw coming
>Guys, it's totally not Jason
>Sure, it's not
>You have to believe me it's not Jason
It ends up being Jason which everybody expected

Great writing Rocksteady
>>
>>342605305
Fuck that, I already had all the other games except fucking Blackgate which I didn't want. You want to apologize, fix the fucking game and give me the dlc
>>
>342612226

Batarang.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.