[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let Yacht Club Games know what you want them to do next. ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: shov_thumb.jpg (52 KB, 564x363) Image search: [Google]
shov_thumb.jpg
52 KB, 564x363
Let Yacht Club Games know what you want them to do next.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V6wPLSqNj88zuz0-Ms6RAtiBXXVoIlNnK-IjYcIeHGU/viewform?c=0&w=1
>>
Unlike everything else listed on there, I feel like there really is no reason for another Mode 7 racer to exist outside of nostalgia. They've been entirely surpassed from a mechanics standpoint.
>>
>>342601256

That Shovel Knight/Shield Knight game soubds sick. Makes me think of World of Illusion where a bunch of puzzles were different in co-op, which forced you to work together.
>>
>no 3D Shovel Knight
>>
>>342602009
They said they'd want to do a "Super Shovel Knight" first.
>>
>contra
rest in pachinko
>>
Also, a reminder that some of the people that make up Yacht Club Games worked on Contra 4.
>>
>>342602009
That would probably take them way more time considering they are using sfml for Shovel Knight
>>
>>342601256
Shovel Knight 2 > "Mario RPG" > Shovel Knight and Shield Knight = Shovel Kart > Mega Man = Metroid > *
>>
PRICEDROP FOR FUCK'S SAKE
>>
I feel like a sequel to Shovel Knight in any form would kind of diminish SK's charm in a way. Let them finish up the DLC characters and then have the characters cameo in future games, maybe making a sequel down the line, but not when the original game is still very fresh in the fans' minds.
>>
>>342601256
Oh shit so many choices. SK2, Zelda, Mario RPG, Contra and Metroid are all good for me.
>>
Shovel Knight 2 doesn't gets me excited at all (unless they can really blow our minds with innovative gameplay), I'm still enjoying the first one and there is still dlc on the way so I feel no need for a second one. A Mario RPG and a Metroid are a definitely yes though.
>>
>Shovel Knight cart game

yes

>that plays like SNES mario kart

no

SNES mario kart (and I guess advance) aren't really that good and imitations of them from the time are flat out terrible. That genre made the jump to 3D just fine and I don't miss the 2D versions at all.
>>
>>342602503

It's $10. Get a job.
>>
I hope fanboys don't just spam the poll for shovel knight 2. Shovel knight was good enough stand alone, and I want to see what other ideas the team has. I'm personally hoping for a Zelda or a Dragon Quest as those were my favorite games on the NES along side megaman, and megaman clones are pretty done to death at this point.
>>
>>342601256
>>342601256
A metroid easily
>>
>>342604087
Every other indie game that gets released is a fucking metroid
>>
>>342601256
I'd like to see them move on to something other than Shovel Knight, but I doubt most people are going to vote for anything else.
>>
How about they release the other DLC stuff first? I beat Shovel and Plague modes already. I wanna play as gender bent Specter Knight.
>>
>>342601256
Shovel Knight 1.
You play as a pioneer during world war 1 and all you have to do is dig up trenches while trying not to get killed by the enemies.
In the end you gain nothing and everything was just a big waste of time.
>>
>>342604646
thay are working on it at this very moment, likely they have some art staff that need to get working on the next project, but they gotta figure out what it will be first.
>>
>>342601256
>We cant think up of anything original so we just copy some other games and put in our mascot
How about, NO?
>>
>>342605002
It worked for them the first time.

I mean, we haven't had a good Mario-rpg type game in years.
>>
>>342601874
Yeah Mode 7 was just a technical standpoint and brings nothing to the table anymore.

The whole point of shovel knight was to bring back the classic game feel and they did more than just pixel shit to get that feel.
>>
I want them to make a Nuclear Throne clone but that wasn't an option. SK2 would be cool if they can really expand upon the first with groundbreaking new stuff.
>>
Voted for Megaman. I bet my ass they can make a proper fucking one and show Inafune what a hack he is.
>>
File: he's called randy for a reason.jpg (93 KB, 436x328) Image search: [Google]
he's called randy for a reason.jpg
93 KB, 436x328
>>342601256
If they did a Paper Mario-esque game... imagine.
>>
A Mario RPG-ish game would be really cool. And should have ample opportunities for easter eggs and cameos too which I think is neat.
>>
>>342605436
Spelunky would be the closest we'd get on that.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.