[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasn't this game hyped up really hard? What happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 20131117050856a0dmtukwiu62a8cl.jpg (101 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
20131117050856a0dmtukwiu62a8cl.jpg
101 KB, 620x350
Wasn't this game hyped up really hard?
What happened?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/372000/
>>
Its an mmo
>>
bit shit 2bh
>>
Good idea, awful execution.
You don't use an open world game. Leveling, class, mob, party, and pvp system in a linear as fuck game where you're supposed to make multiple characters. All they had to do was make an explorable world with quests/events littered about.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (37 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
37 KB, 384x313
>>342598226
>What happened?

It tried to be its own thing instead of just a 1:1 copy of Ragnarok Online.
>>
IMC, the devs turned out to be the most incompetent group of fuckups you could ever imagine.

Let me hit you with a few things: most items have a trade limit, on equipment this is shown through their potential. However other pieces of equipment still have this trade limit, it's just invisible. So if you buy something like a recipe, it is entirely likely that it will become untradeable after buying and nothing will ever tell you so.

When the game exited its paid CBT there were too many people for the servers to handle
So instead of you know, improving what they had, they instead locked away registration for new players, thus basically throwing it back into CBT, killing all chance for growth.

The gains from stat points are linear
1 int = 1 matk at every level.
Actually, basically every single calculation in the game is linear. This makes about 60-70% of the classes absolute garbage and a few god tier.
>>
>>342598804
What a shame, I loved the look of this game, art style and everything
Wasted potential it seems
>>
MMO with linear game design.

How fucking hard is it for people to understand that linear MMOs fucking suck.

Imagine wanting to reroll with another class, but then you remember -that- zone, like you would when you want to replay that one game, but you remember -that- one level.

It also doesn't help that it uses generic modern MMO gameplay, focused entirely around mass farming of mobs from level 1 and less on actual challenging gameplay and character building.
>>
>>342598226

The company running it is COMPLETE shit.
>>
File: screenshot_20151028_00008.jpg (369 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_20151028_00008.jpg
369 KB, 1280x768
Ridiculously fucking linear
Piss-easy bosses
Terrible areas
Prehistoric servers
Stamina drain
Grind worse than 2006 Maplestory

It's a fucking mess and I was severely disappointed when I tried it in CBT
>>
>>342598226

cause no one can play it
>>
>>342601508
>Grind worse than 2006 Maplestory
what grind
the game is nearly 100% quests
>>
>>342598226
Too much incompetence from IMC, like it was their first MMO.
>>342603669
>I didn't get past level 100 I should know everything
>>
>>342603943
>>I didn't get past level 100 I should know everything
I'm level 280 on the korean variation, ever since the few recent patches, there is LITERALLY NO NEED TO GRIND

its just garbage quest after garbage quest
>>
File: REKT.webm (2 MB, 360x460) Image search: [Google]
REKT.webm
2 MB, 360x460
>>342598226
It's not bad, but IMC are literally hitler.

Picture a F2P MMO that

-Cash shop doesn't work
-Classes are imbalanced
-Entire game is updated with random updates from the KR version
-When the game isn't in parity with the KR version in the first place
-Constant crashes
-Insufficient server power
-Massive lagging
-Multiple mechanics bugged and broken

And you got ToS.

People over-estimated korean money-grabbing companies. They care not for you if you don't play exclusively in a cyber cafe in Seoul
>>
This game is the spiritual successor to Ragnarok Online in the sense that the game revisits all of your negative experiences from RO. If you like chat spam, botters, rubberbanding, crashing, and playing MMOs alone, this game is for you.
>>342603943
fuck off
the only reason there's grind is because content at 200 is UNFINISHED
>>
>2016
>mmo
that was like 3 fads ago

you make hero shooters now
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.