[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did these two get to the top of Youtube? Is it really just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: yt$$$$.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yt$$$$.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
How did these two get to the top of Youtube? Is it really just because of the way they act or is it something more?
>>
>>342597815
>Is it really just because of the way they act
Yes, now piss off
>>
mixture of shilling and appealing to the lowest common denominator.

most of their fans are kids, and kids are retards.
>>
File: actually....jpg (25 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
actually....jpg
25 KB, 612x380
>>342597815
Its also how they look
>>
Pewdiepie gamed the featured channel system until he got big enough to snowball.
At one point he was a featured youtuber in two different countries..
>>
>>342597815
Because kids.
They act silly for kids.
Kids like silly things.
There are lots of kids on the internets.
>>
Because one of them started making those kind of videos as one of the first to do so.
Then he got lucky.

To maintain, they cater to their audience, even if that means they have to act like autistic edgelords.
>>
File: let's players.jpg (65 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
let's players.jpg
65 KB, 540x540
>>342597815
>>
Well, PewDiePie got as big as he was because he manipulated a loophole in the Youtube algorithm that forced him onto the front page of Youtube every day for months.

On the old system, he was also recommended more than other channels because he is an English speaker yet lived overseas. This propelled him across many margins.

The rest just snowballed out of control, with that amount of exposure he had no where to go but up, and is now making a minimum of 2 million a year.

Mark, on the other hand, started off as a decent guy who gained fans by keeping in close contact with his subscribers. He didn't start making videos until well after PDP's manipulated loopholes were patched up. Later on when Mark started doing more games that overlapped with the child demographic, he tapped into a resource of subscribers who have nothing else to do with their lives but go on Youtube and give him views, since then he started pandering to them.

I really don't follow internet celebs, but I do find the business mindset behind them pretty fascinating.
>>
>be not gross looking
>have tourrettes
>play games on camera
>edit music into gameplay occasionally
>make millions

We hate them cuz we jelly.
>>
>>342597815
It's a combination of factors.
>Attractive
>Distinctive voices, catchphrases and speech patterns, easily recognizable by kids
>Happened to stumble on the let's play / videogame streamer fad by luck, in the right place and at the right time when it was becoming a trend
>Mostly play easy accessible games anyone can play on their toaster or interactive experiences normies are not interested to play by themselves
>Play the role of caretaker and friend surrogate for kids left alone in front of the computer, just like how cartoons and certain educational programs on TV used to
>>
>>342598126
jesus christ my tumor
>>
File: networth2.jpg (1 MB, 2155x1189) Image search: [Google]
networth2.jpg
1 MB, 2155x1189
How does it feel these guys make more money than Miyamoto, the guy who made Mario,Mario World, Mario3, Mario 64
>>
>>342597948
They look like fucking retards.

I guess that's a qualification too.
>>
>>342598126
This image actually gave me cancer
>>
>>342598413
Miyamoto is a washed up hack who ruined some of my favorite series.
>>
>>342598413
There is no way Miyamoto is that poor.
>>
>>342598183
>stalker like recount of internet celebs lives
>I don't really follow internet celebs
>>
>>342598326
>Attractive
I miss when females and gay males weren't any type of focus for the gaming community. It was nice to have an area free of them, even if it got it's screaming 12 year olds every now and then. If I were female, I'd only use a male character and never get a mic to avoid harassment, though.
>>
File: 20160402024312.jpg (99 KB, 497x470) Image search: [Google]
20160402024312.jpg
99 KB, 497x470
>>342597815
They're handsome, decent at games (and therefore better than normalfags or kids) and make decent banter. They both started out autistic, so kids especially started to like them. They've grown up to start making more watchable content, and their userbase has also grown up. Then it was just a matter of kids sharing their favorite YouTuber amongst each other, and they spread like wildfire. Pewdiepie was more autistic, so he got more viewers, Markiplier less so.
>>
>>342598025
This. They are like that weird dude from Blues Clues. Kids like dumb shit.
>>
>>342598183
>tfw Mark got big by following a guide Northernlion wrote with advice for starting LPers and now is many times more popular than Northernlion
>>
>>342598413
>Putting that shitty eurotrash woman with a bunch of accomplished men

Opinion discarded. Tell her to go back to mo capping digital nudes
>>
>>342598531
>Someone constantly makes "hur swedish!" jokes
>Expecting people to not understand that they're sweidsh
>>
>>342597815
I'm jelly of these faggots but I'm not about to claim neither of them deserve it
>>
>>342598413
Reggie what the fuck.
>>
File: 1339855993769.jpg (45 KB, 239x239) Image search: [Google]
1339855993769.jpg
45 KB, 239x239
>>342597898

Pretty much this. If you have any experience at all with kids then you'll know that all it takes to get them to laugh is to squeal like a retard.
>>
>>342598283
They hate us cause they anus
>>
File: 30.jpg (69 KB, 350x445) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
69 KB, 350x445
>>342598592
don't be mad lad
>>
>>342598508
Keep in mind that Miyamoto cut his own salary at one point in time when Nintendo wasn't doing so well, alongside Iwata.
>>
>>342598413
Pretty sure Reggie is worth more than that
>>
Never actually watched either of them, but I'm curious, how many views to their videos get compared to the number of subscribers they have?
>>
>>342597815
>pretty
>can project voices
>had friends to quickly edit their videos early on before hiring real editors
>extremely consistent content (regardless of quality)
>played tons of meme games and FOTM games.

The biggest one is consistency. Audiences love that. Even terrible streamers have 10k+ viewers daily now because of their consistency.
>>
>>342597898
>most of their fans are kids, and kids are retards.
I remember working with this 31 year old guy. One of the hardest working guys I knew but he would always show me Markplier videos he found funny which just blew my mind because it always came across to me as just goofy noises for cheap laughs.
>>
>>342598747
Not mad. But she literally has done nothing except for looking like a mediocre woman.
>>
>>342598680
This pretty much
>>
>>342598716
Can confirm, nephew always laughs when youtuber "freaks out" and it happens every 2 minutes

No normal person would ever act that way unless something was seriously wrong with the brain
>>
>>342597815
Attractive white males that don't exhale any sort of sexual energy. People watch them because it's "safe" while also providing some sort of random-silly entertainment.
>>
A combination of good looks, charisma and voice.
>>
They have a lot of positive energy
Do anything with positivity like that and you're guaranteed success
>>
>>342598582
Didn't he also get big because of some video about depression?
>>
>>342599005
If i wanted random-silly, i'd watch Monthy Python
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilh3hxNdpZs
>>
>>342598850
Pewdiepie (46 mil subs) gets around 1-5 mil per video based on what the video is on

Markiplier (13.6 mil subs) gets around 1 mil+ every video
>>
>>342597815
I can't stand Markiplier's put-on, but at least he isn't just constantly fucking screaming. He overreacts so much it's painful and his constant trying to sound like a radio personality is grinding like nothing else, but at least there's a little substance.

Pewdiepie is literally screaming. That's it. I don't fucking understand. I've even heard people here and on other boards defending him, saying he's "gotten better", but every video I watch including his new ones are JUST SCREAMING.

It's become so cliche to hate on him that there's no point, but it's a fucking mystery and I don't get to express how much it confuses me enough.

jacksepticeye is even worse
>>
>>342599182
He does more than just scream now, some of his stuff is pretty clever like throwing shit at other youtubers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK7w6Sak1pQ
>>
>>342599182
See, this is interesting, I recently started watching his newer videos, while it's true that he's over the top and loud in them, still, he actually does make funny videos now. It helps that he's become self-aware and does all of the yelling ironically. He puts a lot of effort into making it seem well-made, he doesn't just record 10 minutes while talking and calls it a day, but actually goes ahead and cuts several hours of footage into a video.

It's a lot better than what he used to be, but it's still not for everyone.
>>
>>342598582
Yeah but NL is much better. Kids born in the 2000's have no idea what he rambles on about.
>>
>>342599427
I don't think he's really going for mass appeal, he seems pretty content with what he has going.
>>
>>342599354
Didn't he parody some guy who did "will a cellphone survive being hit with a hammer" stuff?
>>
Why isnt any of the top gaming youtubers black?
>>
>>342599354
Yeah alright, I can't hate this. Smiled a few times.

>>342599361
I had thought he was self-aware for a while, always thought he was smart for exploiting kids doing what he does. I just couldn't see even a little of the appeal. Maybe I've seen the wrong videos; I don't really want to find out.
>>
>>342599361
If you take a 10 hour shit instead of a 10 minute one its still shit.
>>
>6-13 year old kids are the majority of Youtube audience
>Kids like to watch people act retarded and other stupid shit
>If you are willing to entertain kids in the Internet you can make a shitton of money
Then of course there are some mentally retarded adults out there who find this shit funny
>>
>>342597815
Lots and lots of lonely kids. Not hard to imagine, just replace them with Chuggaaconroy and Nintendocaprisun and pretty much the same for me.

What I don't get is how they became "normal". I hate this fucking modern "geek" culture...
>>
>>342599679
Niggers don't get the recognition they deserve for just acting as they are when it comes to video games. You see over the top EPIC blacks for esports and LoL shit, but regular nigger channels are buried.
The amount of anime review channels run by overweight niggers is astounding.
>>
>>342599679
Because they're too dumb to think up of shit to say so they rule the reaction videos world instead.
>>
File: 1435100202330.jpg (79 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1435100202330.jpg
79 KB, 800x800
>>342597815
They entertain the worlds 8 -14 year olds

They have a few years let till people start getting made fun of for watching their retarded surrogate fathers and the lose there looks (it happening already, they both are starting to look like they hit there are pushing 30)

It will be interesting to see if they can get jobs when their former fans because harassers that make getting a regular job impossible (I bet both have raping dead baby jokes on there channels somewhere, niggas are never gonna get hired again after entertaining autistic children who will email that shit to potential bosses to try and keep them as youtube personalities.)

It seems great now, but this story ends in much pain.
>>
>>342598750

Sasuga Japanese integrity.
>>
>>342597815
By being chill and enjoying some good ol' banter.

https://twitter.com/pewdiepie/status/744558409429692416
>>
>>342600015
If you made 2+ million for a couple years, there's no reason you should have to work again. You have already made more than most people do in their lifetime, if you fucking that up then you deserve misery
>>
>>342599679
They are too genuine to put up the facade of autism and fake friendliness that kids and spergs enjoy
>>
>>342599679
Black people only play fighting games and sports games
>>
>>342597815
the right one literally who
>>
>>342599679
there's a smaller percentage of black people in technologically advanced places, and fewer still that can afford the right hardware.
>>
>>342600651
>What are taxes

here is the thing about living off a bunch of money, you have to keep making that amount or you are just going to be bleed dry by your country's tax system or you have to be a real millionaire, like multimillionaire

they can cave it for like medical emergencies or some other shit, but unless you're over the age of 65 you are gonna get taken for every penny in a few years

it's a virtual trial of tears that's gonna happen soon friend
>>
I felt a little guilty that I did chuckle at a recent Pewdiepie video someone was making me watch, but I never really watch that stuff. Markiplier's voice is annoying, but he does seem like an alright guy. I've watched Best Friends sometimes, and they're the most agreeable with me, except when Pat yells sometimes. I hate Game grumps.
>>
>>342600512
I can respect him for not spilling his spaghetti over people saying shit about him. I remember watching a video of his reacting to how much money he makes, and he seems ok. I can't say I hate him
>>
>>342598413
Pretty great, at least these youtubers switch up their content once in a while instead of those nips rehashing the same fucking game
>>
they're both absolute class acts, who seem absolutely immune to genuine drama or scandal. they both at on point had a huge k-12 audience as their core but spun that into a much wider, more stable base through the production of genuinely 'general audiences' programming.

they're probably both high-functioning sociopaths.
>>
>>342601527
>they're both absolute class acts, who seem absolutely immune to genuine drama

nah
>>
>>342601449
People mostly just hate him due to envy. He makes a shit load of money, has industry influence, and millions of fans all for playing games. It's a dream come true tbqh

But I only care for youtube drama, I wish we had more fucked up youtubers instead of all these nice dudes who just act zany.
>>
>>342601952
What about Tobuscus poisoning a woman after being in an abusive relationship with her for years?
>>
>>342597815
As multiple people have said, it's a combination of appealing to literal children and being a friendship simulator for all the depressed Tumblr kids with mental disabilities
>>
>>342602049
You mean the "Rape" allegation where he supposedly drugged her?

More than likely made up bullshit since she never went to the police despite claiming to have evidence. All she ever did was shout "LOOK AT ME, I'M A VICTIM" on twitter and tumblr and then stopped after a month.

Guess the trauma of being an abused victim doesn't last longer than a month :^)
>>
>>342599354
Did I see what I think I saw in the front seat?
>>
>>342597815
who's the guy on the right?
>>
>>342599679
basically
>>342600737

There's KSI but even then, hes British so he stands out from the average black person
>>
>>342599354
Why does it seem like im watching filthy frank instead
>>
>>342597815

>youtube
videogames

sage
>>
>Weirdly colored hair
>Undercut
>five of clock shadow
>Curly mustache

I'll never understand how this got popular but I'm glad that 10+ years from now people will look back and think it's retarded the same way we think about the mullet.
>>
>>342602279
Elliot Rodger
>>
>>342602049
not into basic rape allegations tbqh, they're a dime a dozen when fame is involved in any way
where's the murders
where's the closet full of skulls
where's the international pedo ring

that's some good youtube drama

>>342599679
because they mostly play fighting games and those games get zero views
there's a tech dude who's literally only famous because he's black, his content is mediocre otherwise
>>
>>342597815
How did Coca-Cola become so popular?
>>
>>342597898
/thread
>>
They know how to game the system.
>>
>>342597815
Acts that appeal to the lowest common denominator on an untapped market when they began and luck. Massive, copious amounts of sheer luck.
>>
File: 1415926999543.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1415926999543.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>342599679
They're not as attractive or trustworthy.

>be negro
>tfw want to be rich and popular
>connection too slow to even stream
I know someone has to have a black fetish on twitch.
>>
>>342598413

>Miyamoto
>Hideo & Kojima

They actually LIKE their job and love video games so I am sure they arent hard to convince to go to work, so its not like they have to be paid billions since they would make video game regardless.

>Pewdiepie
He is a childrens entertainer with tens of millions of fans, of course he has cash.

>Gaben
Literally runs the entire PC gaming economy, surprised he isnt richer

>Notch
Tell me a gamer who didnt buy minecraft at some point. And th e money went straight to him.

>Reggie Body
Just a PR guy so why would he be rich

All of the examples in that picture makes perfect sense and are not unfair.
>>
>>342602419
because that's what he's going for
>>
>>342602459
>Facial hair is retarded
Low T jelly bean detected
>>
>>342602667
sorry m8, all the black fetishes are already covered on twitch
we've got massive black titties, we've got cutesy skinny black girl, we've got drake wannabes, we've got dark skinned dudes, we've got french speaking blacks...

a little too late
maybe you'll have better luck on youtube gaming
>>
>>342598126
Feels like something about autism awareness
>>
File: 1435096911997.jpg (27 KB, 407x378) Image search: [Google]
1435096911997.jpg
27 KB, 407x378
>>342602459
>>five of clock shadow

I will cut you

sexiest beard period
>>
>>342602419
>he doesn't realize qt franku got his act from PDP
>>
>>342602840
>>342602963

Grow a full beard and not some hormone-hampered face-dirt
>>
>>342600992
What is investing?

You don't just stuff the money in a bank account and forget it. You invest it and get returns. No shit you'll be taken for everything if all you do is hide your money under a rock.
>>
>>342598440
they're handsome men, that guarantees them views just the same way that a woman showing tits on twitch does
>>
>>342602885
Do any of them cosplay though?
>>
>>342602203

Even if it was false, it still permanently damaged his reputation. Toby lost thousands of subscribers within a couple of days and that will hang over him for the rest of his life.
>>
Playing games for others so the viewers don't have to.

Scream like a retard and call it comedy.
I wish i was joking
>>
>>342600992
Personal savings aren't taxed, you idiot. Income is.
A couple million in the bank really is a safety cushion to live NEET for the rest of your life, barring severe emergencies or lawsuits.
>>
>>342603250
I know, it's pretty bullshit. I mean, I don't like Toby, I've never even watched any of his shit videos but holy fuck is it retarded that a person can just make a bullshit claim like that and people can't call bullshit or expose her because "My soggy knees".
>>
>>342598126
I've never seen the one on the left before, who is it?
>>
Fuck, people even ship Youtubers with other Youtubers, it's ridiculous. There's Septiplier and ZeRoyalChaos and Nanners and everyone even though a lot of them are already in established relationships with other people.
>>
Isn't Markiplier actually a pretty cool guy? I heard he gives a lot of his youtube dosh to charities.
>>
>>342598126
Is this picture satire or did some kid actually make this?
>>
>>342603108
>growing a bird nest on your face

literally never looks good unless you comb that shit every day

have you ever tried to comb a hair with the textual consistency of a pube?

It doesn't work all that great

>>342603172
Investment bankers that actually make you the kind of money you can live of of cost thousands of dollars an hour, and a few mill isn't going to get you any kind of livable return now a days either.

Also investments are assets that can be taxed
>>
So why did Markiplier change his hair to that horrible pink? Looking at his old videos is strange. It's like I'm looking at someone go from normal to tumblr crazy. Same with Jackseptikek.
>>
>>342603497
i'll spoonfeed you, jacksepticeye
>>
>>342603424
>what is property tax

If you want to live in a house worth nothing on the edge of the sticks and never own a car or go out, sure you can live like that
>>
>>342603617

Charity thing. He promised to dye his hair pink if x amount of money was raised.

Then he decided he liked looking like tumblr incarnate and kept it.
>>
>>342603609
I mean investing as a general term for using the money to establish yourself in some other way. You also don't need to go to an investment banker.

>Thousands of dollars an hour

Sounds like a scam for people who can't be bothered to research what to do with their money on their own.
>>
File: 1334140883131.jpg (428 KB, 953x761) Image search: [Google]
1334140883131.jpg
428 KB, 953x761
>>342597815
>>
PEWDIEPIE IS A CHILD RAPIST
>>
>>342603243
People like Beckham and Clooney are handsome.

The only thing these youtube clowns got going for them is a punchable mug.
>>
>>342603528
Well, it's not exactly abnormal. They're just being treated like Hollywood celebrities. People accept magazine headlines of getting into an actor's personal business and trash like TMZ talking about someone's sex life. Youtubers are just getting a similar status.

>>342603758
Why does her vag look so weird?
>>
>>342603756
>he really thinks he can make money without a middle man investing

I bet you think you can get a loan without a business degree or be your own lawyer in court

world doesn't work like that
>>
Because they're white males.
>>
>>342598413
Doesn't matter they work for someone, meaning the company owns anything they create.

The engineers who design apple products aren't the people making the most money at apple for example.
>>
>>342603926
Markiplier isn't exactly white.
>>
>>342603926

One's Swedish and the other is a krautgook. Neither one is white.
>>
I'm still trying to understand why /v/ always gets so angry at them and other LPers. Never seen so many people throw raging fits because someone makes video game videos.
>>
>>342603926
>Markiplier
The one on the right is about as White as Obama.
>>
>>342603497
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN-vmFo78vo

Lower sound if you wanna keep your hearing
>>
>>342602885
massive black titties you say?
>>
>>342597898
This guy may be a Nigger but he's right. Nothing wrong with what they're doing but it's not that they're comedy geniuses or anything, it's just that kids are dumb. Wacky games, funny faces, loud noises etc. On another note, Who would you say has the more clever comedy between the two? I always thought Mark was a slightly less stupid version of PDP but from the video's youtube keeps telling me to watch and the photos I see on /v/ it actually seems like PDP has the more high-brow persona.
>>
I knew Mark in highschool and he would literally pay boys to let him suck their dicks.
One of my friends had drug addicted parents that didn't give him any lunch money and he would see Mark in the boys toilets multiple times a week just because his stomach would hurt so much during 1st period from hunger.
I didn't know at the time, it was only after we met up in our 2nd year of college and had some drinks that he opened up about it. I assumed he was only doing so because he was tipsy but apparently he had lots of sessions with the school counselor to try and deal with it.
The most disturbing thing about his story was that Mark was obsessed with semen, his fantasy was to swallow it in the boys toilets between classes. My friend of course wasn't gay so he had trouble reaching orgasm for awhile, and often times Mark got so frustrated with the lack of eruption that he would deny my friend any payment and storm off, leaving him in tears.
But slowly Mark got better with practice and was soon forcibly making the poor guy orgasm with his technique.
As I'm hearing all this shit I would have been in complete disbelief, had I not witnessed how my friend acted during and after lunch break.
I always assumed he was crying because of his family problems, I always thought he was distant because teachers always belittled him.
But now I know, and I feel truly sorry that he had to endure that.
>>
>>342603926
Mark is German/Korean.

Also, ETWork or whoever that Smash-loving black guy.
>>
>>342603245
How good of a cosplayer are you though?
>>
>>342604021
/v/ is angry at everything at all times. It's just an easier target to throw a tantrum over because it's discussion of real people not involved with developing anything.
>>
>Pewdiepie looks like the definition of Hipster now.
>Markiplier looks like he came straight out of Tumblr with that colored Peacock hair.
Does fortune and fame do this to people?
>>
File: dealwithitlupin.gif (432 KB, 299x228) Image search: [Google]
dealwithitlupin.gif
432 KB, 299x228
I don't mind Markiplier at all and occasionally watch his LPs of cheap weird horror games that I'm too pussy to play myself. His videos aren't just vehicles for his schtick, he actually lets the game stay in the spotlight most of the time. And he's occasionally really funny.

PewDiePie is horrible, though, based on the one video of his that I've seen.
>>
>>342603243
>they're handsome men

No. Pewdiepie is about average at best and Markiplier just looks annoying.
>>
File: 1439094128104.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1439094128104.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>342604114
>>
>>342603823

I take it you're mad because they're popular but whether you like it or not they have good looks.

It's a factor in all of this. Like that Anon said, good looking girls on Twitch get popular just because of that.

I don't like either but that won't make them any less popular much less people who like them will listen to your complains.

Perhaps you're too old to understand the current generation?
>>
>>342604057
fucking cancerous

kids without actual friends are stupid enough to watch this kind of awful garbage
>>
>>342604114
If this is copypasta then what's the original?
>>
>>342604021

The anger is a cover for massive jealousy. These people make upwards of several million dollars a year to do nothing but play video games and pretend to care about their fans.
>>
File: photo.jpg (60 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
60 KB, 900x900
NL is the only patrician Youtuber there is.His fame is solely based on his commentary which is smart, funny and innovative even while playing the same game over and over again. No facecam, no youtube-bait games, no screaming.

/thread
>>
>>342604130
Currently, alright. Working my way to Nigri tier.
I-I'm actually pretty good at human ponys though.
>>
>>342603926
But are they straight?
>>
>>342598126

Holy fuck
Sad part is that is probably real.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>342597815
Because they are white and have footlong faces.
>>
>>342604114

>I knew Mark in highschool

Oh sweet, this Anon knew him, story might be cool.

> he would literally pay boys to let him suck their dicks

Stop reading there. Flaseflagging faggot.
>>
>>342604238
I love how /v/, the epitome of friendless assholes, always projects their condition on others when they do something that pisses /v/ off for whatever retarded reason.
>>
>>342604343
>ponys
It appears I forgot how English works. Whoops.
>>
>>342604343
>Currently, alright. Working my way to Nigri tier.
I'm kinda interested in seeing then how it looks. Any blog or anything like that?
>I-I'm actually pretty good at human ponys though.
Why though, is it because you genuinely like it or is it just something that really draws attention and popularity?
>>
>>342604269
not pasta, I know it sounds like pure shitflinging but my friend was able to give brutal details about it, with hardly any prompting.
For example he said another boy (which I knew for a fact was gay even back then) kept offering Mark to fuck, but Mark turned him down every time because he "wasn't a real man".
The guy was (at least back then) an utter sociopath.
>>
>>342603920
Start your own business. Turn your money in to a degree (one that's actually worth something) so you have something to fall back on later. I could go on.

>world doesn't work like that
It does. You don't -need- to pay thousands per hour for a consultant to invest for you. What you mean to say is the average person won't be smart enough to do anything you named on their own. Which isn't the same thing.

Even then, as others have pointed out, they earn more than most people do in a life time, and savings aren't continually taxed. If you live in a notshitcountry/state, you can pay off a home and it's yours regardless of future circumstances(A gigantic advantage in itself) so long as you don't do something stupid and take out a loan on it or do a second mortgage. They could literally live a middle class lifestyle and never work a single day just fine.
>>
File: hector.jpg (37 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
hector.jpg
37 KB, 250x391
>markiplier
>manly jaw
>strong, masculine features
>powerful deep voice
>leanly muscular
>overall distinctive and aesthetically-pleasing appearance hair notwithstanding
>all these blubbering manbabies saying he's just average or annoying-looking

Surely you idiots can't all be so /pol/ that you think the slightest hint of Asian features makes a person unattractive to the majority.
>>
>>342604493
Don't pretend you have any friends when you waste your time, and most likely money, on watching other people play video games.
>>
File: macgyvermull.jpg (56 KB, 408x539) Image search: [Google]
macgyvermull.jpg
56 KB, 408x539
>>342602459
why are you hating on the mullet anon
>>
>>342604331
You mean Arumba?
>>
>>342597815
Say what you will but pewdiepie is legit handsome.

Maybe it's because that other uggo is next to him in the picture so that makes him look even better.
>>
>>342604580
How many of Mark/Pew's fanbase is female? Any age qualifies.
>>
File: 1382723794367.jpg (22 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1382723794367.jpg
22 KB, 500x281
>>342598582
At least NL didn't sell out and is still as good as he was. It's a shame he can't play anything other than TBOI and Gungeon decently.
>mfw trying to watch his New Vegas and Skyrim playthroughs
>>
>>342604450
>falseflagging
That's not what that term means. The word you're looking for is "lying". Stick to the basics and work your way up, anon.
>>
>>342598568
Talk shit about Steve again and I'll stab you
>>
>>342604216
>I take it you're mad because they're popular
Why are you retarded fanboys always so predictable?

Go sperg off somewhere else if you can't take your favorite youtubers being bashed on.
>Perhaps you're too old to understand the current generation?
Seeing as 4chan is 18+ I'm fairly certain most people are too old to understand how your premature brain works.
>>
>>342598413
>Ignoring the wealth they have that ISN'T money.
>>
>>342604531
There are literally no sources to back up you claims other then "Just take my word for it."
>>
>>342604498
I actually need to upload my newer stuff but here.
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/succubusfromspace

>Why though
I genuinely like it. Not to an autistic degree but I adore the series and the designs that come out of it.
>>
>>342604326
>pretend to care about their fans

You being an asshole doesn't mean the rest of the world are assholes. The level of projecting /v/ does really escalates when it comes to Youtubers.
>>
>>342604331
NL is for /v/ what Anthony Fantano is for /mu/.The consensus on both of them is pretty positive compared to other youtubers which mostly cater to younger audiences.
>>
>>342604580
>thinks anyone said anything about asianess
also his voice is very obviously put on.
you can tell when a person's voice is their natural one and when it's not, if you were a fly on the wall of Markiplier's bedroom and he started talking to himself it would sound completely different.
Surely you can hear how he's never truly relaxed when he's speaking on camera.
>>
File: 1445066607389.jpg (39 KB, 390x914) Image search: [Google]
1445066607389.jpg
39 KB, 390x914
>>342604580

He's also a manlet with disproportionately short legs, so that invalidates all of that.
>>
>>342604769
massive head
>>
>>342604769
He's 5'10. Not a manlet.
>>
>>342604637
Haven't given them a cent and also have several friends, I also own several game systems that I play regularly and still enjoy watching them play things.

Protip: being in the asshole of the internet doesn't mean you have to act like all of the stereotypes the place has. Being angry at everything in order to fit in is retarded.
>>
Who else misses the old Game Grumps days before Suzy turned the show into SJW/Meme/Cancer-tier shit?
>tfw you will never see Arin and Jon finish Sonic 06
>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>342604021

It all boils down to attention and jealousy.

Memeing aside, the majority of Anons are actually fat neckbeards still living with their parents. Their self-esteem is so low they see other's success as something bad and try to convince people the same.

Ever wonder why this board laughs a lot towards other people's bad luck?

Now you know why.
>>
>>342604896
>Implying Game Grumps was ever good.
>>
>>342604852
he has midget legs though, all the height is in his torso.
>>
>>342604883
>Haven't given them a cent and also have several friends, I also own several game systems that I play regularly and still enjoy watching them play things.

Proofs?
>>
>>342604705
what am I supposed to cite?
I'm not going to reveal my friend's name, even if you found his facebook you'd still call bullshit.
I'm not in contact with him anymore but I still don't want to hurt the guy.
Obviously Mark isn't going to just offhandedly mention how he molested an under-privileged boy in highschool on camera.
And Mark never got in trouble for what he did, as I said I only even found out years later.

You don't have to believe me, no one believed the stories about Jimmy Savile or Bill Cosby until it was too late.
I'm not saying to believe that Mark is a piece of shit, I'm just saying don't trust him.
>>
>>342604852
>5'10
>not a manlet

Manlet delusion, everyone.
>>
What popular youtubers are manlets? I know RayWilliamJohnson is 5'6.
>>
File: mark.png (370 KB, 835x441) Image search: [Google]
mark.png
370 KB, 835x441
Mark's hot as hell.
>>
File: 1237917779613.jpg (52 KB, 465x498) Image search: [Google]
1237917779613.jpg
52 KB, 465x498
>people on /v/ now casually drop eceleb names like I'm expected to know who they're talking about
>>
>>342604580
This anon gets it
>>
>>342604896

It's not just Suzy. Arin and Danny just have zero on-screen chemistry, everyone else who's normally onscreen is a bore, their new editor is incompetent and lazy, and you can tell no one's heart is in it anymore.
>>
File: 1452747881993.jpg (63 KB, 532x707) Image search: [Google]
1452747881993.jpg
63 KB, 532x707
>>342605025
>brown nipples
>>
>>342597815
/v/ was partly responsible for PDP's success. He used to make threads advertising his streams here when he was a nobody and people here kept spamming it elsewhere like Reddit. I doubt he browses /v/ anymore though
>>
>>342605006
5'9 is the average height for males in USA. Mark is 5'10. Therefore, he's not a manlet.
>>
>>342604690

>fanboy

As I stated I am not fan of either so I don't care. Your blind rage is showing though.

>Seeing as 4chan is 18+ I'm fairly certain most people are too old to understand how your premature brain works.

Says the faggot mad because some random idiot on the internet got popular.

Grow a pair, fucktard.
>>
>>342605025
Honestly it's his voice that makes him hot. He's very alright looking, but that voice is 10/10.
>>
When I was younger I used to love pewdiepie.

Then as I got older I shifted towards mark.

Then I stopped watching either altogether.

I still occasionally see what mark is up to but i haven't seriously watched either anymore, I grew out of it.

Don't worry eventually the kids will too. But then new kids will cling ect, ect. Neverending cycle. it never ends it never ends it never ends Ì͟͏t̨̀͝ ̵͜n̷̵̨è̛͘͝͠v͏̵̡ę̢͟r͏̨ ̢͟s̸͘͘t̶̨̨o҉p͢҉s͞ ͘͏ìt̢́͟ ͢͝͏͏͠n̸ę̶̶̸v̨̛̕͞e̷҉̶̶r̵҉ ̢͢͝s̵̛͏t̡͢͞o̷̸͜҉́p̵̀̕͠͏ş̷ ̷̛͡i̸̛͘͢t̶̀̀͘ ̸̴̡̨͝n̶̷̨͜ȩ̸̧͝v́͠͠e͜͜ŗ̵̛͟ ҉̶͢͟͠s̴̴t̷̵҉͢͏o̡̕͘p͏͜ś̸̛͜ ̷͜p̀҉̢͏͢l̕͜͝҉҉e̷̛͏a̷̶̧͢s͏e̷͜ ͏̵͠h̸̕͡e̢̛l̷̕͜͠͏p̧̢ ̵̀͠҉ḿ͜é͘͠͠ ̸̧̢͢͏į̵̨͠t̀͡͞҉͝'̴s̴̀́͘͝ ̛͜s̛͘͏o̷̷̡̡͘ ͞͏̕͝͏c̀͏ớ̡͝l̡͜҉̴d̡̛̀͜,̢̧̛͟ ͏̴́͘ş̸̴͠҉ò̡͠͠͡ ̴̡͢͠͠c̷̡͟͟͢o͜͏̴̨͟l̸̶̢d̛͜͡ ̵̵̧̛͝s͜͏̀ò̷̶̢̀ ̴̵c̵ò̷̧͟ļ̶͟͡͝d͏̛҉̨͘ ̧̕̕͝s̨̛͜͟o̴ ̵̛͢͡c̵̸͞o̢̕l̷̶̢d͡҉̶̕ ҉́f̶̴r̛̀e̢̛͏͜͟e̴͘͘͝z̸̧͢i̷̵͠ǹ̛͘͡g̴̨̡̀ ͡҉̵́͞F͜҉R̶͝E̴̕͢͟͝E͡͝Z͝͡͝͏I̡̢̛͜N͞͏̷̢̡G̸͟͠͠
>>
>>342605004
It just sounds more like satire with his "obsession with semen".
>>
>>342599150
kids dont know about monty python
>>
>>342604580
He DOES look annoying though. Like his whole face is instantly reminiscent of that one kid in school who thought he was funny when he was really just irritating everyone and wouldn't shut the fuck up. His Asian genes don't do him any favors because his eye size/shape just looks awkward with his facial structure.

The only thing about him that's above average is his voice. Otherwise Pewdiepie is honestly more attractive looking.
>>
>>342605126
Who is this?
>>
>>342605142

6'2" is widely considered the manlet cutoff nowadays.
>>
>>342604690
>Seeing as 4chan is 18+
Stop posting then.
>>
>>342604961
It was good when it was just two guys playing games actually talking about the game.Now its just Dan 'Weed LOL', who knows nothing about games past the NES era and all the other autists like Ross and Barry, who should have stayed the silent editor.
>>
Pewdie pie was basically a lucky guy that was chosen by google and shilled, promoted and marketed the fuck out of him in order to promote the Youtube money system in the videogames area
There's absolutely no other reason why he got so big, he was that one lucky guy chosen by jews to create a bussiness and it worked.
The guy isn't even funny
>>
>>342605184
Someone who's going out of his way to defend these degenerates to this extent has to be a fanboy.

Stay salty, prepubescent wigger.
>>
>>342604552
>Start your own business.
The only thing these people know to do is act, and only once chartier polly

Unless you have a business degree, you are gonna go belly up when you spend all of you capitol while just trying to get your business in line

there is a reson even muiltimillonsains get loans when start a new business, no matter how small

Also property is insane now a days, a small crackhouse on the outside of a large city goes for over a million

rent isn't cheap either, unless you like living with the poorest people and having no privacy

you can live of you money, in a similar fashion to what you should be doing living at your parents house provided your parents live in bumfuck nowhere

and property tax is a national tax as well as state taxes
>>
>>342597815
Thanks for reminding that it's ok for me to hate all people.
I was getting kinda worried lately that there maybe something wrong with me, but turns out I was right.
>>
I like Pewdie Pie he can be funny sometimes. Markiplier it's just something about him that I can't stand. His voice annoys the shit out of me for some reason.
>>
>>342604707
I'm no cosplay master, but you definitely need to work on those poses. Maybe it's because of the lighting and camera though.

>Not to an autistic degree but I adore the series and the designs that come out of it.
That's pretty rare, if it's actually true.
>>
>>342599996
>I hate this fucking modern "geek" culture...
It's not even that. At least 'geeks' had a structure to their hobbies, now it's just components of those hobbies that people enjoy today.

It's like people use to only eat fruit to get sugar, but now we've been able to separate that sugar.
>>
>>342604058
>not knowing massive black titty streamer
literally MASSIVE -> himiwako

>>342605195
Basically
>>
video games
>>
>>342605424

Defending them? How exactly?

Sure they're retarded and have a shit personality but by no means they're considered ugly of all things.

That was my point.

Insulting them on false accusations sounds pretty salty if you ask me.
>>
>>342604580
Well mister homo, he wouldn't be such a piece of shit if he didn't dye his hair green and red and if he didn't talk like a faggot
>>
>>342605807
>t. envious fag
>>
>>342605741
DELETE THIS
>>
>>342605424
>if you do and like anything I don't you're such a child grrr grrr! I can't comprehend anything so I'll throw around insults and assumptions and projections because unimportant things piss me right the fuck off!

There's only one child here, and I'm responding to him.
>>
>>342598413
Don't blame Notch. His original target audience for Minecraft was adults.
>>
>>342598413
BASED TODD
>>
>>342604676
This is what they call "the curse." If a video game player is good at a game, chances are he's an annoying prick on camera.

And the ones who have the best personalities (Theradbrad/NL for instance) are godawful at the games they play.
>>
>>342604083
On camera Mark wins, off camera it's close but pdp seems actually really mature + chilled out.
>>
When I was 15 I used to go to school with Mark "Markiplier" Fischbach. I never really talked to him but I would sometimes pass him in the hallways.
He would always nod to me and I'd nod back.
One day during gym class we were playing hockey and Mark hurt his ankle really badly, so the teacher made me take him to the sick bay.
He laid down on the bed and I sat next to him while we waited for the nurse.
While sitting there, I noticed in the corner of my vision that Mark was slowly pulling down his shorts, stretching the elastic over and under his penis.
At first I thought he was fucking around so I just laughed and said "dude what the fuck".
He didn't say anything though, he just cupped his penis and stared at me.
I tried to leave but he yelled "wait" and I hesitated. He offered to pay me $20 just to stick my finger under his foreskin.
I then realized he wasn't just fucking around, this guy was a fucking creep, but at the same time the idea seemed oddly fascinating to me, I figured you could get an actual female prostitute to suck you off for that much.
I don't know why but I humored him "$50" I said. His mouth turned into a grin as the light from the overhead lamp gleamed from his cheeks.
I then proceeded to slowly stick my index finger inside his foreskin, he was kind of hard so it didn't enter very far.
"Spin it around" he demanded, licking his lips. I complied, slowly running laps around the circumference of his glans with my finger. All of a sudden I heard footsteps in the hallways and immediately stepped away from him. I was scared shitless that the nurse or someone would see us.
But as the nurse entered the room I was relieved to see Mark had already pulled up his shorts.
Later that day Mark said I "was a wonderful boyclit masseuse" and offered to do it again at his house for another $50, but I never took him up on it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 196x110) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 196x110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5rnq9R9xjc
>>
File: 1401072125230.png (145 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1401072125230.png
145 KB, 500x453
>>342605541
I don't know how to pose and for some reason the people that do ask for one never have a card or I can't ever find any pictures of it. People just snap a picture and run off.
>>
File: 1418627052333.png (89 KB, 454x447) Image search: [Google]
1418627052333.png
89 KB, 454x447
>>342605006
Going to piggy back on this bait post to make a point.

Mark is probably around the perfect height to be tall in a socially acceptable manner. Truly tall guys, in my experience, tend to intimidate both sexes too much in a purely social setting. For buisness, intimidating factor can work in their favor, but that's not what this is. Women will say they want a really tall guy, but go for the modestly tall or average ones instead because they're outright scared of tall guys. Other men tend to treat guys a lot taller than them as someone they either need to beat up or be scared of being beat up by.
>>
File: 1391904193722.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1391904193722.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>342598413
>Todd
>1 million
How embarrassing (although it's probably shitposting)
Also wasn't Joost~ at about 10 million?
>>
>>342600797
runJDrun plays mainly Nintendo games and he's the son of a famous black comedian
>>
>Sperglords in /v/ get triggered if you say something posistive about JewDePie and Fagiplier

Guess I found my new bait material :^)
>>
>all these people trying to claim markiplier is handsome

How fucking ugly are you that you would lower your standards to THAT degree, holy shit

He's like a 6/10 on a good day
>>
>>342606238
post face
>>
File: 1447032284908.jpg (131 KB, 333x322) Image search: [Google]
1447032284908.jpg
131 KB, 333x322
>>342604852
>5'10
>not a manlet
>>
I feel sorry for Mark
He was breddy good when he had only 10-50k subscribers, after that I noticed him changing
While he was making fun of Youtubers screaming for money in the beginning he started doing it too
I completely stopped watching him after he dyed his hair pink
>>
>>342605431
>>342605431
>Also property is insane now a days, a small crackhouse on the outside of a large city goes for over a million
Where the fuck are YOU trying to live?

I live on cheap lake side property in Texas somewhere. We've recently paid off the house and filed under homestead exemptions. Meaning our house can't be taken away if something really shitty happens and we incur a ton of debt. We'll still always have a house to live in unless we sell it or take a loan on it.

Fucking beautiful out here too. I can see the lake from where I'm typing this, and I bet rich get conned in to paying millions for the same kind of view elsewhere.
>>
>>342606238

He is handsome in the casual way you retard.

Shit like Beck ham and Di Caprio are hollywood handsome.

Most girls have long realize hollywood celebrities won't ever pay attention to them so they had to go for whatever was next.

And youtube was the answer.
>>
They make games seem more fun and funny than they actually are.
>>
>>342606431
why would Mark ever pay attention to average girls when he can pay guys to suck their dicks?
>>
>>342604852
>he's 5'10"

maybe on the Todd Howard system of measurment

dude is a super midget
>>
>>342606349
I hate it when people do things for charities, too. It reminds me of Zarya and SJWs and then my blood starts boiling and I have to rip puppies in half to calm the screaming in my brain.
>>
>>342606431
>handsome in the casual way

So not handsome at all.

There aren't "ways" of handsome, you're either good looking or you're not.
>>
I never got how Markiplier stayed at the top for all this time. Out of all the overrated Youtubers, he's the only one that acts like a regular guy.
>>
>>342606102
Nice pasta. Mind if I save it?
>>
>>342606570

And how do you know this? Did he paid you too?
>>
>>342606431
It's not even that. Hollywood 'handsome' isn't even good. It's Hollywood's own self perpetuated meme they scream till social groups just accept must be true but any given individual will admit to not knowing what the appeal is.

Same reason the preferred body type in women (among straight men) are not models.
>>
>>342606676
didn't that other anon literally just prove that Mark used to do that in highschool?
>>
File: 1441721554781.gif (833 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1441721554781.gif
833 KB, 200x150
>>342604852
>>
>>342606647

>Black and White argument

Ok
>>
>>342606647
>everything is black and white, one extreme or the other, absolutely no middle ground exists, if you're not on one side you're on the other

Show us your Adonis face, Apollo.
>>
>>342606647
Okay, then post your face.
>>
they appeal to the new internet age, which is people ages 5-15
>>
>>342606724

>literally just prove

You're one of those gullible retards that falls for whatever /v/ writes without citing any source or factual proof.
>>
>>342606713
not quite.
Models are not for straight men, they advertise women's products and fashion so they are expressly for women.
Male actors advertise a product too, that being the films they are in.
Films are for women depending on its angle, so the actor choices are often decided by what's attractive to women.
>>
>>342606808
>>342606824
>black and white

No, you fucking morons. The entire concept of "handsome" or "sexy" is that you have to fulfill a specific attractiveness metric to look that way. Markiplier does not fulfill that. He's an average joe with an attractive voice.

Leave your trailer parks for five minutes and you might realize that a lot of guys aren't as ugly as you, you inbreds.
>>
>>342607116
>my opinions are facts! FACTS!

Show us your face so we can see if you fit your personal opinion of what handsome is. Then show us who you think fulfills your opinion of handsome.
>>
>>342607116
Okay, then post your face.
>>
>>342607116
>Markiplier does not fulfill that
But he does, hence his fanbase. You do realize that you thinking he's not attractive != majority feeling the same way
>>
>>342607116

Are you aware that in Hawaii, fat people are considered sexy and handsome?

How about you stop being a blind raging retard instead?
>>
>>342606824
>absolutely no middle ground exists

It does exist, it's called "average" you retard.
>>
BOY DO I LOVE VIDEOGAMES

VIDEOGAMES

AM I RIGHT FELLAS?

XDDD

MARKIMOOOO XDDD

e-celeb shit is not allowed on /v/
>>
>>342607376

You are about 247 replies late, Anon.
>>
wait, did Mark really molest kids in school?
>>
File: 1435341188250.png (624 KB, 620x720) Image search: [Google]
1435341188250.png
624 KB, 620x720
>/v/ arguing over what qualifies as a handsome man or not
>>
>>342606924
Except the same stick figure body type is used in trying to appeal to the sexual appetites in men in other contexts.

>Films are for women depending on its angle, so the actor choices are often decided by what's attractive to women.
People will say one thing then choose another when it comes time for action. This goes for men and women, mind, but women particularly will say they want Hollywood Handsome then hesitate and go for wildly different choice if given an honest opportunity.

Fantasy is just fantasy, after all. People know this.

Someone llike Markiplier is generally good looking while also looking friendly and safe. He's tall enough without being too tall. His features are pleasant without being threatening or stern. He's the kind of 'natural casual' good looking that doesn't depend on precise camera angles and lighting to prop him up.

And let me restate that. A lot of the Hollywood Handsome guys break down outside their perfect angles and lighting. Their face type looks kind of weird in normal circumstances, but are chosen specifically because, with how filming works, their appearance is better cinimatically. Like why a lot of male action stars are manlets.
>>
>>342607442

>Falling for copypasta

You have to be kidding me. Why do you retards fall for every single thing /v/ says without asking for source?
>>
>>342606163
do jojo poses
>>
File: 1466424241288.jpg (214 KB, 683x531) Image search: [Google]
1466424241288.jpg
214 KB, 683x531
>>342598126
This triggered me. Well done
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.