[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LAYTON IS NOT DEAD Professor Layton thread? What's your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
LAYTON IS NOT DEAD
Professor Layton thread?
What's your favorite game? Twist? Type of puzzle? Character?

Layton for Smash 5
>>
File: 1393875999572.png (377 KB, 657x434) Image search: [Google]
1393875999572.png
377 KB, 657x434
>Layton
>Inazuma

Literallywho

Call me when they announce Dark Cloud 3 or Rogue Galaxy 2.
>>
>>342596947
shit, now I have to beat the 3DS games
>>
>>342596947
Layton 4 smash
>>
I only played the original trilogy
Is the second trilogy better or worse?
>>
>>342598318
It definitely loses the uniqueness and original charm of the trilogy, and a lot of the puzzles are far more mechanical which some people don't like

but it has nothing that makes it inherently worse than the original, so if you enjoyed that you'd enjoy the second
>>
>not Layton 7. Instead a true, proper entry in the series
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>342600045
Layton 7 is mobile game that ironically doesn't star Professor Layton but his son if I remember right.
>>
>>342600192
I remember hearing about it but ignored it because it was just a mobile spinoff. They actually named that Layton 7? That's just a shame.
>>
>>342600421
Yup. But hey, at least now we know they're making a real PL game.
>>
>>342596947
>Level 5 in charge of not making the same 3 games over and over again
They're worse than Activision and Ubisoft at this point
>>
>>342600045
>>342600192
>>342600421
Layton 7 was originally presented as a 3DS/mobile proof of concept, it was about a town with various strange characters walking in it but since it was at a very early stage when it was shown, the gameplay was unclear. The 7 referred to the seven characters roaming the town (none of which were already known characters from Layton). A couple years later, Layton 7 was shown again, retooled into a mobile-only card game with some cards also depicting classic Layton character. Here the 7 referred to the number of players in a regular game. Neither of these concept is what they're going to announce at Vision, and my guess is that this Layton 7 project is dead and buried.

The game starring Layton's son is called Layton Brothers and came out on mobile forever ago. It plays like the crime scene investigation scenes from Ace Attorney.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.