[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one was the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Metal_Gear_Solid_logo_2.png (27 KB, 876x192) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Solid_logo_2.png
27 KB, 876x192
http://www.strawpoll.me/10574468
>>
Snake eater is the only correct answer.
>>
>MGS 1
>MGS 3

Only 2 options you needed on poll.
>>
File: 1450749482918.gif (917 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1450749482918.gif
917 KB, 400x225
5 had the best gameplay but the worst map design and story.

Snake Eater is the best though.
>>
File: snake eater Ocelot.png (3 MB, 886x835) Image search: [Google]
snake eater Ocelot.png
3 MB, 886x835
>Best Ocelot
>Best MGS
>Best Pizza
>Papa John's
>>
>>342594569
>5 had the best gameplay
Yes and no. The Level design brought the gameplay down a lot. Not to mention all the upgrades and and shit that make the game so easy it's pointless.

Could have been fuckign great if it was more linear, like Ground Zeroes.
>>
Ghost Babel
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CbFAZ2ztlE

Am I the only one who waits those last few minutes on The Boss fight so this starts playing before I finish it off?
>>
>>342594361
MGS3 is just the most well rounded. It was Kojima giving up and just giving the fans what they wanted.
It might not be as, "worthwhile" as MGS2, but it just is the better overall experience I think.
>>
>>342594719
What made Ground Zeroes interesting wasn't being lineal; it was the place being cramped.
>>
>>342594361
>MGS 3
>MGS
>MGS 4
>MGS 2
>MGS: Acid 2
>MGS V: GZ
>MGS V: TPP
>MGS: PW
>>
Wheres P Ops?
>>
>>342595027
in the garbage where it belongs
>>
>>342594987
Well, that's sort of what I meant.
They should have gone with many smaller, but open levels, like GZ, rather than two huge open levels with nothing in them.
>>
>>342594642
I kek'd

but you're wrong though, faggot. pizza hut is waay better than papa johns and costco is better than all of them
>>
>>342595070
>tfw quite enjoy it, it's like Peace Walker but more MGS3 and less Monster Hunter
>can't get into it anymore because of the unplayably bad FPS lock

Shame there never was a hack for it like for Peace Walker.
>>
>>342595113
>tfw I've never once eaten pizza from a franchise

Superior local arab independent pizzeria.
>>
2 is the best and anyone that says otherwise is objectively wrong.
>>
>>342595253
making your own pizza is the only way to go tbqfwy
>>
>>342595549
Well, there is something special about an arab pizza that is great. But homemade is still fucking amazing.

Burgers are better than Pizza though.
>>
Best story: MGS2
Best gameplay: MGS3
My favorite: MGS4

Honestly I think 3 is the complete package, there isn't anything really wrong with it.

Like, if someone said to me "I'm dying in two days, but I need to play a Metal Gear before then!"
I would tell them to play MGS3.

MGS1, while great, a classic even, is a little feature-bereft and the archaic design limits its potential.
Peace Walker and MGSV are shit and shouldn't have been made to begin with.

Everyone hates MGS4 but I really enjoyed my time with it, it feels the most "personal" of Kojima's games and it really makes it a different experience from the others.
I dunno, I get that the cutscenes are long but something about the themes and tone of the game really resonated with me.
I really got a good sense of closure from it, like "this is the end of Metal Gear."
To the point that I almost didn't play Peace Walker and I shouldn't have.

Also, that final fight.
>>
>>342595818
I never understood the hate for MGS4. Sure, it's more cutscene time than game time, but that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Also, it has some of the greatest moments in the series.
>Raiden vs. Vamp
>REX vs. RAY
>Microwave tunnel
>>
File: 3646357.jpg (10 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
3646357.jpg
10 KB, 350x233
>>342594361
>MGSv: 5%

I want /tv/ to leave. I adore MGS, but we're rating games which is subject to quality of gameplay. Not writing or your sense of closure.

MGSV has the best gameplay from Objective stand point. 4 and PW are the only other options.
>>
>>342595926
The issues being that all of them are pretty much gimmicky stuff.

The End was great because it was a boss fight that forced you to use all you had learned so far. The Microvave tunnel is basically just a cutscene with QTE's.

Don't get me wrong I loved MGS4 as well, but it just don't hold up as well after that first playthrough I don't think.
>>
>>342595926
I don't get the nanomachines complaint either.

Everyone blows it out of proportion as if MGS4 somehow made everything in the entire series nanomachines, instead of just the stuff in MGS4 where the war economy exists and it's this fuckin' dystopia of advanced technology and everyone's in the system so of course there's nano everywhere

Vamp has nanomachines
And everyone screams retcon
But it's not like anyone ever said he didn't
In fact there's this line like "vampires aren't real," and explaining that "vamp" means he's bisexual, and they're fuckin' surprised when Vamp isn't a vampire? w e w
Also his nano was only for regeneration and has absolutely nothing to do with him running on water and shit
>>
>>342596059
V has fulton. It can never be the best.
>>
>>342596059
As has been said. They level design is awful and the bullshit mother base stuff is boring and makes the game easy as hell.

I no-kills, no alerts, S ranked 90% of all missions on my first try, and I'm usually pretty bad at stealth in the MGS games.
>>
>>342596059
MGSV is a big empty world where you run around Fultoning everything and picking up useless collectibles to rack up numbers on your micromanagement base in-between doing the same four or five objectives over and over and over and over.

Rescue this POW
Destroy this vehicle
Go find the niglets
"Fight" the SKULLS 15 times

S-ranks are based on time more than skill so you just fucking book it to the end and disregard any finesse or stealth in this supposed stealth-action game.

SUCH AN AMAZING GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE

>PW
>good gameplay
Run up to the guard and press R
You win the game
>>
>>342595818
My nigga. Act 5 of MGS4 was one hell of a ride
>>
2 is my favorite gameplay-wise but 1 is my favorite story-wise
>>
>>342594513
>MGS2 is bad because Raiden meme

Lmao, it's been 15 years. Get over it, loser.
>>
>MGS3
>best one
lel
>>
>>342596059
MGSV does not have the best gameplay in the series at all. It has the best controls but the actual gameplay design is horrendously bad.
>>
>>342598548
>every person who doesnt like mgs2 is a raident hater meme
you get over it faggot
>>
>>342598671
So go on, tell us what's bad about it.
>>
File: 1466299413438.png (282 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1466299413438.png
282 KB, 480x480
>>342594361
>falling for the mgs4 was good meme
>>
>>342595253
>eating ratshit pizza
>>
>>342599903
Only people with good taste will appreciate MGS4 for what it is, a great conclusion to the MGS franchise that should've been the end and not this half-assed piece of shit called MGSV
>>
>>342594361

MGS1 was the BEST, MGS2 was a close second.
>>
>>342600359
Mgs4 retconned most of the games in the series so it's not really a conclusion to them, but it doesen't stand on its own either.
Also it has great controls but gameplay stops entirely after the first boss.
Also as bad as it was MGSV was a sequel to peace walker, it was advertised as such and ground zeroes hammered the point home repeatedly, anyone who was expecting it to be a sequel to mgs4 were fucking retarded
>>
>>342598819
Not him but mgs2 has some of the worst pacing in the whole series and feels every bit as half finished as V. The ending also leaves one very unsatisfied and like nothing has been accomplished.

It does have the tightest controls in the series, and if you count the VR missioms from Substance, some of the best level design in the series. I honestly had more fun with the VR than the base game.
>>
>>342600621
>retcons
No
>>
File: 1356123212622.jpg (85 KB, 339x600) Image search: [Google]
1356123212622.jpg
85 KB, 339x600
>some poor fucking retard actually voted for Peace Walker

Hey yo, senpai, where's Portable Ops on this list? I gotta get in on this.
>>
>>342600684
yes, according to mgs4 mg1, mg2 and mgs2 happened differently than it was shown in the games.
During mgs2 in particular Raiden was actually a foxhound officer (foxhound was already disbanded by the time the tanker incident happened according to mgs2) and he actually worked under colonel campbell (he was retired after mg2 according to the earlier games). It also retconned Vamp entirely (i.e. he did stuff in mgs2 that could not be explained with nanomachines and gravitational boots, but they ignore them).
Foxdie was also retconned in mgs4, in mgs1 it was stated that Naomi actually did program the virus to kill solid snake, not that it just happened to match liquid's dna. In mgs4, foxdie did not activate because their dna did not match 100%, which shouldn't matter in the first place.
As for some minor stuff, dr. madnar apparently survived mg2 even though you killed him but snake doesen't know who he is anymore, the patriots stuff doesen't really fit (dr clarke's sex change, even though it was later explained away as a cover up, Ocelot being a member of the patriots but also just a spy for the patriots but also an agent of foxhound with the same exact code name while somehow leaving the patriots unaware that he was the same man, drebin being donald anderson was foreshadowed however)
It doesen't really take place in the same continuity as the other games and yet it doesen't stand on its own either, I guess it was made for people who half remembered the old games and half didn't
>>
>>342601871
>Raiden
But it didn't touch his past in MGS4, only stuff that happened after MGS2, if I'm not wrong.
>Vamp
Standing on water is the boots, him immobilizing you by stabbing your shadow is suggestion, I don't recall anything nanomachines couldn't make him do (ehanced physical abilities don't count, this is MGS)
>Naomi
I don't recall that very well, I'll give it to you
>minor stuff
I don't care for MG2 stuff but Ocelot being a tirple or quadruple agent was retarded. That's probably MGS4's biggest flaw in terms of story. Still, I think it did a lot of things right, like, Big Boss coming back was far-fetched because of the dumb Ocelot twist but the scene itself and the way the characters develop in it, were great. It's stuff like that.
>>
>>342602295
mgs4 specifically mentioned that Campbell was Raiden's commanding officer and that he was actually in foxhound, both things were false according to mgs1 (campbell's retirement) and mgs2 (foxhound being disbanded)
Ocelot didn't make any sense specifically because they made him a patriot. How is the AI unaware that the agent they have working for them, called Ocelot, of which they know the exact background and where he was recruited (since in mgs1 everyone knows that he was an ex-USSR agent who was known as shalashaska in the middle east after the fall of the union) is not the same person as the founding member also called Ocelot? And the fact that he passed off Donald's death as a "torture accident" while working for them is also retarded when Donald Anderson was also a founding member.
In mgs2 the president also mentioned that Donald was acting against the interests of the Patriots when he was actually a Patriot all along.
I guess Vamp can be explained away since it's not like bosses did any less weird shit in the other games, but Naomi specifically mentions that she also programmed foxdie to kill Solid Snake, not that he just happened to match Liquid's dna (since everyone in mgs1 thought that Liquid only had the recessive genes he would have had no reason to suspect it anyway) and the mgs2 novels included with the game expanded on that mentioning that she also randomized the activation time, but all of that was contradicted in mgs4 where we find out that Solid was never in any real danger from foxdie before it mutated.

Also I guess that the retconned age for Big Boss also originated in mgs4 since his age was never stated in 3 (he was stated to be in his 50s by 1972) though pw is what cemented that since it specifically mentioned big boss being 39 in 1974 (he looked older than 29 to me in snake eater but maybe that's just me, it's just baffling to me how 37 years old snake with accelerated aging in mgs2 looks younger than 29yo big boss in 3)
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.