[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
worth buying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: 3064097-doom_20160515222338.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3064097-doom_20160515222338.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1080
worth buying?
>>
>>342592912
yes
>>
Yes, best SP game ive played in over a decade
>>
>>342592912
Don't think so. I played the demo and got bored quickly.
>>
>>342592912
No. It sucks.

>>342593052
that makes you a sad person.
>>
>>342592912
Nah, it's overrated crap.

>Full of cinematic shit, including cinematics.
>guns suck, unless you upgrade
>barely can hold any ammo, unless you level-up
>Checkpoints.
>maps are linear pipes connecting obligatory combat arenas you get locked into.
>glory kills are borderline mandatory, as you gain very little ammo and HP otherwise
>Chainsaw is a literal 1-hit kill tool, that also refills your ammo
>platforming sections.
>you get around half-a dozen enemies on screen at once, at best. No Pinkie packs.
>rune challenges are just annoying filler.
>everything glows.
>some fucking robo guy literally handholds you through the game, via radio.
>no mods, and the Snapmap is literally just all about connecting handful of pre-made rooms together, with strict enemy limit.
>only 4 players max in Snapmaps.
>MP is Gaylo-tier shit.
>Spider is the last boss, and is not hitscan anymore either.
>bosses have HP bars
>ending was literally a slap to face + "lol, look forward to teh sequel, goy!"
>>
File: 1368524884249.gif (2 MB, 450x256) Image search: [Google]
1368524884249.gif
2 MB, 450x256
>>342593107
>>342593116
>>342593176
Go back to your CoD and Overwatch threads, and stop shitposting for just once in a day.
>>
>>342593303
>THEY INSULTED DOOM 4, THEY MUST LIKE WORSE GAMES
what kind of logic is that
>>
Try the Demo
>>
>>342593303
>hating an overhyped console trash means you're a fan of OTHER overhyped console trash
boy, Zenimax's getting desperate
>>
>>342593176
That's some spicy pasta, anon! Mama Mia!
>>
File: 1380300213030.gif (588 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1380300213030.gif
588 KB, 240x180
>>342593345
>worse games
I didn't say that CoD or Overwatch were bad games at all, but what can I expect of you kiddies.
>>
>>342593116
>that makes you a sad person.
name a better one and I'll tell you why you are wrong
>>
>>342593443
you don't need to say that, as it's a well known fact.

>>342593497
FEAR, STALKER trilogy, almost all MGS games, Serious Sam 3, Penumbra, Talos Principle.
>>
>>342593303
Is it hard being severely autistic?

>>342593345
The same logic an underage codfag would have.

>>342593443
Are you trying to use an old dank meme to show how much of an underage newfag you aren't? Because its doing the opposite.
>>
>>342593176
>>Full of cinematic shit, including cinematics.
I can think of like 3 that last less than a minute each.
>>guns suck, unless you upgrade
You suck, Theyre more fun than any other doom game so far.
>>barely can hold any ammo, unless you level-up
So you want unlimited ammo? Theres a rune for console kiddies like you.
>>Checkpoints.
So don't use them.
>>maps are linear pipes connecting obligatory combat arenas you get locked into.
I like this a lot better, made for good battles and maps designed around having a large open space to fight in.
>>glory kills are borderline mandatory, as you gain very little ammo and HP otherwise
You must be playing on easy. Even on ultra violent, a glory kill will get you raped and hurt you more than it helps. Unless its the last enemy or something.
>>Chainsaw is a literal 1-hit kill tool, that also refills your ammo
Better than being useless like in Doom 1 and 2. First you bitch about not having ammo, now you bitch about the tool that helps replenish your ammo. I think it is balanced and keeps the combat pace fast.

>>platforming sections.
Doom was a 2.5d platformer with no jump, deal with it.
>>you get around half-a dozen enemies on screen at once, at best. No Pinkie packs.
Impossible with how good the game looks, Maybe some time down the line when systems wont shit their pants over 8+ enemies. Their goal was to have this game run well in their top priorities.
>>rune challenges are just annoying filler.
Dont do run challenges then
>>everything glows.
Easily disabled in option, I suggest turning it off
>>
File: 20160513192359_1.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160513192359_1.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
>>342593176
>there's a small handful of cinematic things that take up a couple of seconds of your time
>guns are satisfying and being able to power them up is a fucking bonus
>agreeable point, leveling could have been skipped even though it isn't a big deal
>fair checkpoints are always better than being able to fucking savescum
>this is wrong, the maps are large and diverse with multiple paths - getting "locked into battle" in a genre that THRIVES on combat is a sad excuse of an argument
>glory kills are only forced on you for finishing off bosses
>chainsaw has extremely limited uses, i definitely used it less than 5 times during my playthrough
>platforming...yeah...and?
>half a dozen is more than one or two
>challenges aren't necessary
>turn that garbage off in the options like i did
>even the character you play as literally ignores him
>Snapmap legit sucks, yes
>MP could have been better
>hitscan isn't shit meme
>turn those hp bars off retard
>endings are almost always forgettable
>>
>>342593176
>>342593796
Cont.

>>some fucking robo guy literally handholds you through the game, via radio.
Pretty good plot twist at the end if you finish the fucking game. You are just making up reasons to bitch now.
>>no mods, and the Snapmap is literally just all about connecting handful of pre-made rooms together, with strict enemy limit.
This I agree 100% with. Patches are coming soon apparently tho.
>>only 4 players max in Snapmaps.
Agreed, stupid.
>>MP is Gaylo-tier shit.
Agreed, Thank god for Quake Champions
>>Spider is the last boss, and is not hitscan anymore either.
Last boss was awesome. I love the art design of the new Spider Demon Mastermind. It was a challenging and fun boss if you don't siege cannon spam it. I thought people bitch about hitscan, go play COD if you want hitscan weapons kid.
>>bosses have HP bars
Can be turned off in options
>>ending was literally a slap to face + "lol, look forward to teh sequel, goy!"
Not really. It did set up for a sequel (maybe), but it ended similar to the way Doom 64 ended. Which everyone raves about. Also when you think about it Doom 4 could be on a endless loop, being resurrected and sent back to hell over and over again until the end of time.
>>
It's aight.

The glory kills are a shitty mechanic and you can't ignore them because the game is balanced around them

As much praise as it gets for being ALL ACTION FUCK STORY HURR it actually has quite a few "stand there while I talk at you for a few minutes" scenes (at least as far in as I am)

The guns are sorta hit and miss so far. The shotgun and the heavy assault rifle feel pretty good but the plasma gun is a pile of floaty garbage

I haven't tried multiplayer but it's probably going to be shitty because nobody seems to like it

Overall I'd say it's worth the 35 bucks you can get it for right now, but it's kind of pushing it. Ideal price for this game is 20 bucks or less IMO
>>
>>342592912
if you like short campaign and shit MP, yes
>>
>>342594149
>The glory kills are a shitty mechanic and you can't ignore them because the game is balanced around them
Stop playing on Easy, jesus fucking christ. On UV or nightmare, enemies will destroy you if you stop to glory kill, and each health drop only gives you +1 or so HP, so it becomes worthless.
>>
File: New Doom in nutshell - d4.jpg (140 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
New Doom in nutshell - d4.jpg
140 KB, 500x500
>>342593796
>I can think of like 3 that last less than a minute each.
There's a good 30 minutes worth of real fucking cinematics, and even more if you add the GKs + those edgy gadget smashing scenes.
>You suck, Theyre more fun than any other doom game so far.
You've never even played a DooM game.
>So you want unlimited ammo? Theres a rune for console kiddies like you.
No, I want to carry a proper amount of ammo, and not be spoonfed HP and ammo by insta-killing enemies with a chainsaw
>So don't use them.
HOW ??
>I like this a lot better, made for good battles and maps designed around having a large open space to fight in.
Yeah, no. Literal pipes are no match for the looping, abstract maps of OG Doom. And the tiny lock-down combat arena rooms are both NOT Doom, and get tedious soon after. Especially when rest of the maps are almost completely empty.
>You must be playing on easy. Even on ultra violent, a glory kill will get you raped and hurt you more than it helps.
It's just hilarious how you Bethfucks always bring up the difficulty when people give criticism for the general gameplay design choices. And no, I did not play on Easy.
>Better than being useless like in Doom 1 and 2.
Someone apparently never sawed through Pinkie packs like a boss. And no, a cinematic 1-hit kill move that fills your pockets = stupid and casual as fuck.
Plus, I expected Doom to be a SHOOTER game, not a first-person melee game.
>Doom was a 2.5d platformer with no jump, deal with it.
No, it was not.
>Impossible with how good the game looks
The game looks like total mediocre CRAP. And Serious Sam 3 already could show 2000 fucking beautiful enemies on screen at once.
>Dont do run challenges then
How to fix modern shitty AAA games: "Don't do this, don't do that!"
Way to move the goalposts and sweep the issue under a rug.
>Easily disabled in option, I suggest turning it off
Does not disable all glow. And again, AAA devs these days can't live without their glow.
>>
File: 1357495695289.gif (324 KB, 200x205) Image search: [Google]
1357495695289.gif
324 KB, 200x205
>>342594332

I don't see how any of what you posted makes glory kills a non shit mechanic though
>>
>>342593958
>Pretty good plot twist at the end if you finish the fucking game. You are just making up reasons to bitch now.
How exactly is that a "twist" ?
>This I agree 100% with. Patches are coming soon apparently tho.
Won't make it any better. Wow, you can use Hell skins! Such improvement.
>Agreed, stupid.
Wow, we agree on something?
>Agreed, Thank god for Quake Champions
Yeah, I sooo wanted Quake to be turned into Overwatch clone.
>Last boss was awesome. I love the art design of the new Spider Demon Mastermind. It was a challenging and fun boss if you don't siege cannon spam it. I thought people bitch about hitscan, go play COD if you want hitscan weapons kid.
I'm the kid now? And sorry, it's exactly the casual KIDS that complain about hit-scan enemies in old Doom-likes, because they can't into prioritizing enemies, moving fast, and realizing that those hitscan enemies had a specific purpose. And no, the boss was mediocre as fuck.
>Can be turned off in options
the whole game can fortunately be turned off and uninstalled>Not really. It did set up for a sequel (maybe), but it ended similar to the way Doom 64 ended. Which everyone raves about.
Yeah, nope. Doom 64 was a brilliant end, because it was an actual ending. No human politics and business mumbojumbo, no some random faggot being stronger than the destroyer of hell itself. Simple and clean.
>Also when you think about it Doom 4 could be on a endless loop, being resurrected and sent back to hell over and over again until the end of time.
Wow... I hate it.
>>
>>342594463
>30 minutes worth of real fucking cinematics
No, more like 10. Maybe you should play the game first.
>>
>>342594590
But glory kills aren't a shit mechanic. If you don't like them you don't need to use them, but the majority of people (who have actually played the game) enjoy using them. They're quick, they're gory, and they're fun.
>>
>>342593303
Man, that gif is pretty cool. Crazy to think about how well fucking Minecraft of all things can replicate forest fires.
>>
>>342595423
They nerfed fire quite a few times didn't they? In the alpha, lighting up a forest was even crazier.
>>
>>342595572
>In the alpha, lighting up a forest was even crazier.
Ah man, that reminded me of the good old beta days. The first infinite worlds updates (huge mountains, cliff, and oceans everywhere), the update that tried making "realistic" trees and forests, fun shit. I'm sure the spread of fire has gotten nerfed plenty to prevent griefing and shit, wouldn't surprise me at all.
Time sure does fly.
>>
Why is /v/ so angry about D44M? It was a good game.
>>
>>342594714
>>342594463
You must be a miserable person
>>
>>342593176
>Still posting this fucking pasta
Just stop.
>>
>>342595817
Its just a few asspies pissed off about denuvo

the majority of people like Doom 4 as far as I can tell. It puts Doom 3 to shame at least.
>>
>>342592912
it was good enough for the $2 I paid
>>
>>342592912
Multiplayer is kinda boring. Single player campaign is basically an old Doom with better graphic, a lot of kills, a lot of enemies a lot of ammo(even if you need chainsaw kills and glory kills).
>>
>>342593176
>No pinkie packs

Thank fuck for that. If I had an entire room with D44M pinkies, it would be a shitty experience. You do know they are not shit tier demons this time around right?
>>
File: DOOM.webm (3 MB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
DOOM.webm
3 MB, 840x525
>>342592912
It is.
>>
>>342596685
what game is that?

That is not Doom 4.
>>
>>342596752

Shadow Warrior
>>
File: Untitled.png (171 KB, 1004x832) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
171 KB, 1004x832
>>
File: 1459504117833.jpg (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1459504117833.jpg
36 KB, 720x720
>>342593176
>guns suck, unless you upgrade
ultra bait
>>
>>342593176
> Bosses have health bars

Of all the complaints in this shitty pasta, this is the weirdest. In what way is this at all a problem? Especially considering you can turn it off, but even if you couldn't why is a boss having an onscreen health bar in anyway a bad thing?
>>
>>342592912
yeah but not more than 15 bucks
it really isn't as good as people have been saying
>>
>>342593497
Call of Juarez gunslinger.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.