[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>censored to hell and back >translation is literally u
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: 1451624820501.png (465 KB, 757x843) Image search: [Google]
1451624820501.png
465 KB, 757x843
>censored to hell and back
>translation is literally unfinished
>massive loading times before every battle (there's a lot of battles)
>loading screens to open fucking menus
>enough weeb pandering to make the most hardened Compile Hearts fan off
>2D NPCs that are literally a flat colour
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE

How badly is this shit going to bomb?
>>
>>342591520
>>enough weeb pandering to make the most hardened Compile Hearts fan off
I highly fucking doubt this.
>>
I'm actually impressed at how much of a clusterfuck this game is
>>
>>342591715
Have you seen the concept of this game?
>>
>>342591520
catalog
>>342581262
>>342583136
>>
>>342591520
>>translation is literally unfinished
Elaborate on this. Is it Ar Tonelico 2 level, with random strings still in Japanese?
>>
>>342592161
Wow more than one thread for a game that's just released! I've NEVER seen this before
>>
>>342592226
no, he's talking about the battle dialogue not having subs (because there wouldn't be anywhere to put subs because of the UI)
>>
>>342592096
Compile shitters are the lowest of the low when it comes to eating weebshit
>>
>>342592226
Yes, but it's mostly just battle text.

I don't think they've put any effort into translating this game, probably because they're expecting it to fail
>>
>>342591520
>enough weeb pandering to make the most hardened Compile Hearts fan off

You know really well that it is bullshit
>>
I'm still baffled that someone can look at this game and say "yes, this is what I want to spend my money on"
>>
>>342591520
>Sold like shit in Japan
Of course it's going to sell like shit in the west, that's won't stop me from enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>342592848
muh anime titties
>>
>>342591520
It's a WiiU game. It will sell.
>>
>>342592161
>there can only be one thread on a particular topic
Hi, you're on the wrong board. This is the one you want:
>>>/vg/
>>
>>342592161

>Please come over to my blatant shill threads
>>
>>342592409
How is a game about videogames considered bad.
>>
>>342594239
By being a bad game
>>
>>342591520
>>massive loading times before every battle (there's a lot of battles)
>>loading screens to open fucking menus
What now?
>>
>>342592096
>Have you seen the concept of this game?

yes, I would rather import the following game over SMTxFE1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnlu7aiKHfw
>>
>>342594485
You mean the game that never once existed.
>>
>>342594543
You mean the game they announced and then changed direction on?
>>
>>342594594
>changed direction
You have to be delusional if you ever thought that was the case.
>>
>>342594543
They actually confirmed it did and went through three redesigns in an interview before the japanese launch of the game
>>
>>342594640
then why does this trailer for Hashtag FE still carry the SMT x FE name:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA
>>
>>342594681
Because it's a game that still takes elements of both maybe?
>>
>>342594754
Name the SMT elements in it
Name the Fire Emblem elements in it beyond superficial similarities in character design
>>
>>342594239
By not being a good game.
>>
>>342594813
The whole game is designed more on the SMT side dungeon design wise and also you can attack enemies in the overworld like you would in SMT however instead of damage this causes a preemptive attack. Also it has a dash of persona when it comes to mirages. Not to mention the assets and other shit they brought over.

>Name the Fire Emblem elements in it beyond superficial similarities in character design
So basically you're saying "NO THAT DOESN'T COUNT!" before I even say anything. In any case the session mechanic is similar to the nearby unit mechanic in Fire Emblem where they would assist you and attack.
I'm only like half an hour in so I'll give you more details later on but really this game is more like SMT X Persona X FE than just SMT x FE seeing as it takes elements from all of them.
>>
>>342594869
but Neps are a good game.

Especially compared to this mess
>>
>>342595143
>The whole game is designed more on the SMT side dungeon design wise
What? By having a 3D dungeon? That's not unique to SMT.
>you can attack enemies in the overworld like you would in SMT however instead of damage this causes a preemptive attack
IVs the only one with this feature
> it has a dash of persona when it comes to mirages
They're completely different. I'm going to assume that you never played Persona 1 or 2 and have no clue what a Persona actually is
> Not to mention the assets and other shit they brought over
What assets? Jack Frost? He's in a fucking snowboarding game too, along with EO.
> In any case the session mechanic is similar to the nearby unit mechanic in Fire Emblem where they would assist you and attack.
What? They're completely different in function and execution

Have you played a single game in either series? You seem to be talking out of your ass here
>>
It was already a flop for me when they revealed it revolves around retarded dancing J-pop shit. What does that have to do with either franchise?
>>
>>342595389
>NO IT DOESN'T COUNT
Typical /v/ indeed.
>>
>>342595465
UH I THINK YOU'LL FIND THAT A JACK FROST CAMEO AND A CHARACTER THAT KINDA NOT REALLY LOOKS LIKE MARTH IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO QUALIFY AS A CROSSOVER
>>
>>342595579
>any of that
>>NO IT DOESN'T COUNT

pick one, loser

YOU have been exposed for having NEVER played a SINGLE one of these games, and have resorted to pathetic deflections in a sad attempt to save face.
Kys (kiss your sister)
>>
>>342595143
>also you can attack enemies in the overworld like you would in SMT

This is just 4, which arguably doesn't count since the game started development 2 years before 4 even came out. Even then, No other SMT game does. The only MT games that do this are P3 (by extension since its built on the same engine P4). This not really a SMT thing. Just a common popularize RPG mechanic that #fe decided to also use.

The dungeons are also very straightforward and largely lacking the depth you'd might expect from a MT dungeon. They're more in line with something you could expect from modern SE or Namco games.

What assets were brought over? Almost nothing that appears in #fe appears in other games. Did we play the same game? What are you talking about?

Also the mechanic you're talking about in your fire emblem is Awakening's pair up though mechanically it's more like like a slowed down Demon co-op from Strange Journey. The pair up system was tied to just a flat rate every time you attacks where as #fe uses the follow up only when you hit a weakness, hence demon co-op
>>
>>342593759
LOL, that logic only works with PS4
>>
I can't wait to see the sales data
>>
>>342594473
I also would like to know where this massive load times are, or is 2-6 seconds so fucking massive to people these days?
>>
>>342595324
Pretty sure #FE doesn't recycle the same dungeons to hell and back.
>>
>>342591520
The game will bomb. But not because of censorship.
It will bomb because it is a niche game on a low selling console.

Unfortunately, censorshipfags will stupidly claim the low sales will be their personal victory. Despite the fact FE Fates sold very well, even if it was censored.
>>
>>342597295
sup sjwnigger
>>
>>342592378
Tales of Hearts did its post battle quotes right over the UI, I think. Didn't matter cause it was just the results screen and just for a second.
>>
>announced as Fire Emblem X SMT
>came as Weebshit
>>
>>342591520
>How badly is this shit going to bomb?

It's not gonna bomb because Nintendrones are so desperate for any new games that they are willing to buy butchered and censored shit. There's pretty much ain't anything left on the Wii U except this and zelda coming out.
>>
>>342598337
Do you realy think that would be enough for the game to not bomb? This is not They Live
>>
>>342591520
Im going to wait for proper wiiu emultion and then im going play an hopefully translated jap version of this game, because fuck nintendo of America, Nintendo of Europe should have translated this game at least they aren't pussy's
>>
how long will people cry about not enough SMT
>>
>>342593595
>muh covered anime titties

Fixed. Here in the west you don't even get that.
>>
File: cultural_appropriation.png (567 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
cultural_appropriation.png
567 KB, 800x480
>>342598941
But which character would have turned black if NoE handled this?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (76 KB, 358x576) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
76 KB, 358x576
>>342591520
Censorship is a good thing. It is 2016.
>>
>>342600413
If they censored the idolshit then I'd play it
>>
>>342591520
>translation is literally unfinished
explain
>>
>>342591715
I happily play the Hyperdimension Neptunia games, and yes, this game is too fucking weeb for me. In my defense, I also considered Omega Quintet to be too weeb for me. With some of those games, you can just enjoy the fantasy/sci-fi setting with occasional moeshit, but when the moeshit is shoved in your face 24/7, that's too much.
>>
>>342591520
The songs decent desu
everything else though jesus
>>
>>342601552
Have to get people to respond to your bait somehow
>>
>>342602726
if you read the thread you'd know that isn't bait at all
>>
>>342591520
>>translation is literally unfinished
But that's your average Atlus translation.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.