[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why hasn't eidos tried remaking deus ex 1 ? i mean there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: deus ex .jpg (125 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
deus ex .jpg
125 KB, 362x450
why hasn't eidos tried remaking deus ex 1 ?

i mean there was so much cut content in the game that if it were to rereleased today with all the cut content now put into the game it would be a completely different game (in a good way)

and with remakes being so big now why don't they remake a game that deserves to be remade ?
>>
>>342589586
Because it wouldn't live up to the hype and there'd be too many changes that would detract from what made the original so memorable for people.
>>
>>342589993

what would detract from what made the original so great

the cut content would only add to it like allying with unatco instead of joining the resistance

it would really only add more choice and more interesting stuff to the game
>>
>>342589586
I'm not big into remakes.
>>
>>342590473
Shooting and health mechanics would most likely be changed to bring people in. Passwords/codes to unlock doors would probably be displayed like they were in HR to make things easy to get into instead of making you look back on what you read. Streamlining would see things like weapon upgrades changed as well.

I'd be more optimistic of a fan remake.
>>
>>342591093
There are gameplay mods like GMDX and Shifter. I think they work with Revision so you are all good.
>>
>>342591093
this desu

for lack of a better word, "casualisation" would kill it.
>>
>>342589586
>remaking
for what purpose?
original is fine as it is.
sequel > remake
>>
>>342591490
>original is fine
at least fix the damm gameplay

i just replayed it recently and the combat is clunky as fuk
>>
>>342591552
gameplay is also fine

i replayed last year and i've had a blast. game is as good as it was 15 years ago.
>>
>>342591552
>this game that is over a decade old doesn't play like my modern shooters pls remake
>>
>>342591843

he does make a point

deus ex is a bit dated for better or for worse
>>
>>342589586
They'll remake it after Mankind Divided, mark my words.
>>
>>342591942
yeah but with the current state of the industry you can't tell me that a remake wouldn't be a piece of shit compared to the original
>>
It wouldn't be streamlined enough for normies to sell well. And if you are changing the mechanics in a major way, you a better off making a sequel/prequel, like they did with HR and MD.
>>
Because you can't really make a triple A game with both the freedom of DX1 and decent modern graphics. It's just too much work and you have to sacrifice one for the other. That's why DXHR is the way it is instead of a DX1 remake.
>>
>>342592548
Would a medium budget remake work? Like the one some indie studio does for System Shock.
Maybe Eidos can gather a small team that might do a not overly ambitious remake/remaster on a budget.
>>
File: b6f.jpg (59 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
b6f.jpg
59 KB, 500x501
The team is dead.

Deus Ex is run by the HR folks now
>>
>>342591552
>combat

you're retarded gunther
>>
>>342592852
Eidos are aiming to make their own "Cinematic Universe" and everything has to be a HUGE AAA GAME HYPEHYPEHYPE, so I doubt it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.