[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i loved fallout new vegas and liked 3 im tempted to get fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Image 1085 1085.png (16 KB, 616x125) Image search: [Google]
Image 1085 1085.png
16 KB, 616x125
i loved fallout new vegas and liked 3

im tempted to get fallout 4
>>
I'd say it'll be worth a pirate one day.
>>
>>342585327
I played 3/NV to death, got 4 and was bored after an hour. Too similar and a step back in too many ways.
>>
File: Image 1086 1086.png (39 KB, 598x308) Image search: [Google]
Image 1086 1086.png
39 KB, 598x308
why would you play a game for almost 300 hours and not like it?
>>
File: toddlerheight.jpg (55 KB, 587x388) Image search: [Google]
toddlerheight.jpg
55 KB, 587x388
its pretty good, kind of worth 30
>>
>>342585327
>>342585483
>muh roleplay!!!!
play a different game then, not every genre is for everyone
fallout isn't a rpg nymore, so what? that's not a bad point
that's like saying super mario bros 3 is a bad game because it isn't a rpg
>>
>>342585729
>that's like saying super mario bros 3 is a bad game because it isn't a rpg
That doesn't make any sense. Super Mario Bros is a platformer series, not an RPG series.
>>
>>342586205
neither are the new fallout games
every negative point comes down to the fact that they don't do the rpg formula right
so if you don't consider them rpgs anymore, then they don't have any negative points anymore, they're just a different genre
>>
>>342585483
sex mods
>>
>>342586342
Fallout 4 is advertised as an RPG game though. Lyin' Todd made sure to stress the large amount of choice, character creation/progression and dialogue before release.
>>
>>342586342
>neither are the new fallout games
>new fallout games
>new

The comparison you made took a game that wasn't ever an RPG series and said "Well this isn't an RPG either!"

I'd forgive Fallout 3 for not being an RPG game if it wasn't also a bad game.
>>
File: 24 years.png (29 KB, 1796x155) Image search: [Google]
24 years.png
29 KB, 1796x155
>>342585483
>>
I have never played fallout and I will never understand what people like about the new games. the first ones atleast look like RPG's
the new ones look like a shitty mix of RPG and FPS elements, looks annoying how you are shooting a monster and then shit slows down and turns into an RPG to shoot one of its body parts.

Why not play proper RPG or FPS instead of this chimeric mess?
>>
>>342586342
Fallout fans expect the main Fallout games to be RPGs because that is what appealed to them to begin with.

I'm 100% sure that Super Mario fans would be just as pissed off if Nintendo turned the franchise into mainly RPGs.
>>
>>342586648
damn
>>
>>342586757
There's been more mario rpg's than platformers for the past two gens
>>
>>342587087
You counting Sticker Star as an RPG?
>>
>>342587087
Delete this
>>
>>342587087
True, but they weren't advertised as "main" games. They're spin-offs.
>>
>>342585327
Don't listen to /v/ you'll have to mod the crap out of it but it's definitely worth playing through at least once or twice. It's very well polished compared to new vegas but sadly they did casualize the crap out of it
>>
I hated FO3, FNV and Oblivion but loved Morrowind and Skyrim.

Will I enjoy FO4?
>>
>>342585729
What the fuck anon, the Fallout tagline is "A post apocalyptic pole playing game"

When that's on the goddamn box that's what I expect, not a watered down shooter. You can fuck right off.
>>
>>342587753
Yes you casual
>>
>>342585729
>>342586342
>literally all previous games in the series are RPGs
>new game isn't a proper RPG when everyone expects it to be
>surprised people are upset
you legitimately have brain damage or are you having fun writing all this crap?
And what does super mario have anything to do with this, it's been a platformer since the start and I'm pretty sure all the installments in the main series are platformers as well
>>
>>342585483
>just to have something to do
>feeling of obligation from being a fan of the series
>feeling of obligation from spending money on it
>completionism
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.