[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: noskyman.jpg (500 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
noskyman.jpg
500 KB, 1920x1080
So can you guys redpill me on No Man's Sky? My friend keeps talking about it and ''how amazing it's gonna be'' and 'it's gonna have almost infinite planet's''
I'm super sceptical about this game especially all the bold claim's they have like
>''2 to the power of 64… or 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 possible planets. Even if a planet is discovered every second, it’ll take 585 billion years to find them all!''
And it's also gonna have multiplayer mode(that can support all these players) but you have to find your friend's in the massive universe which just sounds fucking boring
I feel like it's just gonna be randomly generated copy paste palette swapped garbage.
>>
What are you going to do on those infinite planets? Go "Yep, there's some stuff here." and then fly off to another? Collect some mats and then leave? Name a few things then run?

To me it doesn't sound like there's much "game" to No Man's Sky. It sounds like a random shit generator.
>>
"redpill"

off to /pol/ you go
>>
>>342580803
That was the impression I gathered too from the IGN review but at this stage, with a game claiming value through content, it's like a cow that ate jewelry: we won't know whether it's diamonds or shit till it's out
>>
>>342580908
>using a popular phrase that i have seen a hundred's of times here
I must be from /pol/
are you retarded?
>>
>>342580703
Basically Elite: Dangerous with a colorswap and procedurally generated worlds. Asynchronous multiplayer, can't meet your friends no matter how hard you try. The "collect some mats and then leave" thing seems pretty accurate.
>>
>>342580703
You got it right friend what you have posted is all there is to no mans sky and i for one and completey satisfied with this ill pick it up when its 40 bucks i feel this is an acceptable price to pay for a large game you wish to support
>>
There's no mp. You have any ideas the amount of work they'd have to do to add MP, then make it almost impossible to play together?
>>
Don't ask /v/ for info they are retarded when it comes to this game and straight just make shit up so they can shit on it more.
>>
>I feel like it's just gonna be randomly generated copy paste palette swapped garbage.
that's exactly what it is

random generation doesn't mean bad if the base gameplay is good though
but in this case, the base gameplay doesn't look good
and once you leave the planet it resets, so nothing you did to it really mattered
>>
>>342582024
>and once you leave the planet it resets, so nothing you did to it really mattered

>people still spreading this around

a prime example of what I mean by "making shit up" in >>342581905
>>
>>342580703
Infinite planets, sure. And after the second one, you'll realize that there's literally nothing to do on them and ask for a refund.
>>
>>342581030
Lurk more, post less.
>>
>>342580703
>And it's also gonna have multiplayer mode
no, it's not.
>>
Isn't the goal to reach the center of the universe? It would be a cool concept if the main reason for scoping out and investigating planets is to make fuel for your journey.

Imagine running out of fuel and landing on a planet that contains no resources for your ship, you'd have to mine or harvest to rebuild/modify your ship to get it up and running again. It would be cool to find planets that already have civilizations on them too, friendly and unfriendly, some at an intelligent stage and some that are caveman-like.

Don't have any idea what the reward for hitting the center is though. Roll-credits probably
>>
File: 1459807746493.jpg (280 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1459807746493.jpg
280 KB, 1024x683
>>342583142
>No Man's Sky is just Jetpac
I'll just continue playing Space Engine.
>>
>>342580803

they're talked about various things that can happen. There are spooky alien monoliths to find, which teach you alien languages, or bunkers containing aliens that may or may not speak english. There are also caves full of minerals.

if they have been telling the truth
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.